Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the top 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
  3. Kerbal Space Program
  4. Civilization V Gold Edition
  5. Civilization V Brave New World
  6. Company of Heroes 2
  7. Saints Row the Third: The Full Package
  8. Planetary Annihilation
  9. LEGO Lord of the Rings
  10. Saints Row IV

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 23:38 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 17:08:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:27:
Quinn wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 09:17:
SR3 was fun until it turned from crazy to just absolutely fucking DUMB (yes, the bad kinda dumb).

Cleansed my harddrive from that game soon after I saved that vampire hunter guy.

What's the distinction between crazy and dumb?

What I mean by that is that at first stuff was just crazy much exaggerated, but in context of a story that somehow made sense. There was the other gangs trying to conquer the Saint streets, there was the federal anti-gang group fighting against the gangs , etc. and then shit just exploded into complete nonsense. From saving a sex maniac with a singing synthesizer as a voice to a moron who plays a vampire that hunts vampires, and then shortly after it turns into a World of Tanks with just allot explosions bullshit.

It turned from crazy but funny into.. granted, crazy but dumb.

Fair enough. I guess I just didn't care because I was never playing the game for story in the first place. I'm glad they aren't trying to be pretentious in any way. The GTA series has that covered pretty well these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 19:58 Prez

InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 03:51:
Planetary Annihilation looks really cool, Im definitely watching this game.

It's probably the closest we'll ever get to a real Supreme Commander sequel. Hopefully it will be even better, as SC never really seemed to reach its full potential before being somewhat lobotomized into just another RTS.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 18:57 Ranger55

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 04:12:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:22:
Shouldn't that be Witcher 2?

Creston
You dare question El Presidente!?

"Remember kids! El Presidente is always right! Even when he's wrong!"

Damn it! Now I have to go play some Tropico. Thanks.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 17:08 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:27:
SR3 was fun until it turned from crazy to just absolutely fucking DUMB (yes, the bad kinda dumb).

Cleansed my harddrive from that game soon after I saved that vampire hunter guy.

What I mean by that is that at first stuff was just crazy much exaggerated, but in context of a story that somehow made sense. There was the other gangs trying to conquer the Saint streets, there was the federal anti-gang group fighting against the gangs , etc. and then shit just exploded into complete nonsense. From saving a sex maniac with a singing synthesizer as a voice to a moron who plays a vampire that hunts vampires, and then shortly after it turns into a World of Tanks with just allot explosions bullshit.

It turned from crazy but funny into.. granted, crazy but dumb.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 13:13 Iurand

NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 17:10:
Just imagine where it'd be on this list at a more reasonable price. Probably #1.

It's reasonable (if you want to take part in it's creation).

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 12:27 Jerykk

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 11:44 Darks

Hey Blues! You have the Witcher 3 listed as a top seller. That is incorrect. Witcher 3 is not even avalible for pre order yet.

It should be Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition.

You had me all excited, was about to go and place my oder

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 09:17 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 09:13 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 08:52:
Gipson wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 03:07:
paying through SR3 again (full co op mode for the achievements) and i forgot how funny this game is. especially co op antics. so worth it.

i'm not sure what to think of SR4, though...

SR3 was an absolute blast - loved the humor. I'll be grabbing 4 before it comes out...

I am a little hesitant on this one....probably wait for you guys to give me info on it...not very impressed with what I have seen...just feels like expansion.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 08:52 nin

Gipson wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 03:07:
paying through SR3 again (full co op mode for the achievements) and i forgot how funny this game is. especially co op antics. so worth it.

SR3 was an absolute blast - loved the humor. I'll be grabbing 4 before it comes out...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 04:12 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:22:
Shouldn't that be Witcher 2?

Creston
You dare question El Presidente!?

"Remember kids! El Presidente is always right! Even when he's wrong!"

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 03:51 InBlack

Planetary Annihilation looks really cool, Im definitely watching this game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 17, 2013, 03:07 Gipson

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 23:39 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 19:36:
And it wasn't even a whole week, Planetary Annihilation only became available on Thurdsay. So like 2 1/2 days.

Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:57:
At one point it was in the top 3.

You can't compare that "top sellers" tab on the store page to this weekly list, though. Even though it's not specific, these are hard figures (ranked by revenue in a set period of time), whereas with the "top sellers" thing, we have no idea whether that's by revenue or quantity or some kind of trend... It's definitely a very, very short period of time (one day or even a few hours) because of how quickly new releases can show up there.
Oh I know, I've pointed out similar things before

I agree though, impressive to show up at #8 overall especially since it was a couple days out of the week.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 22:22 Ranger55

Fion wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:56:
Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.

Just imagine where it'd be on this list at a more reasonable price. Probably #1.

You can order the different levels on their site. The steam price will drop as each pre-order level becomes active. Currently it is in Alpha, which is $90. It should go into Beta in a couple of months. At that time, it will drop to $60 on Steam. One the game goes gold, Steam price will drop to $40.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 21:07 DrSquick

Thanks for the comments everyone! I bought it and will hopefully remember to play it after I'm done with Prison Architect! I did love the demo, and I've heard the final has a lot more to it.  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 19:36 jacobvandy

And it wasn't even a whole week, Planetary Annihilation only became available on Thurdsay. So like 2 1/2 days.

Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:57:
At one point it was in the top 3.

You can't compare that "top sellers" tab on the store page to this weekly list, though. Even though it's not specific, these are hard figures (ranked by revenue in a set period of time), whereas with the "top sellers" thing, we have no idea whether that's by revenue or quantity or some kind of trend... It's definitely a very, very short period of time (one day or even a few hours) because of how quickly new releases can show up there.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 19:00 Dagnamit

DrSquick wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 17:28:
Does anyone have any opinions about the pricing of Kerbal Space Program? I just picked up Prison Architect at full price, so I wouldn't have time to play KSP anytime soon. Do you all think 33% off is the best we will see, or you think it will go lower during the summer sale?

I honestly don't think it go lower than $15 for a while. It's worth every penny and more at $23.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 18:13 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 18:02:
Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.

It'll be $20-30 when it ships at EOY.

They kickstarted beta access at $40, so price will probably come down to that in September.

Can always go check http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/220200/kerbal-space-program and look at the bottom, it charts the prices over time.....I use that data to decide when to buy a game.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 18:02 jdreyer

It'll be $20-30 when it ships at EOY.

They kickstarted beta access at $40, so price will probably come down to that in September.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo