Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2013, 13:04 Cutter

Well, it was 8k sigs last night and now it's 500 shy of 25k so it's working.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2013, 11:04 NKD

I'm down. This game looks fun. I'll play it on PS4 if I have to, but I'd rather play on PC.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2013, 05:23 Julio

Ubi, I have no interest in the division. Feel free to make it Xflop only to maximize your sales and ask Microsoft for 1 billion dollars.  

6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 23:36 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:12:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:50:
I'm sure there will be a PC version of the division. That's money on the table.

That argument doesn't work.
If the "money on the table" costs more than the money to get to that table, then it makes no sense.
If that "money on the table" is less than money on a table in a different club, and you only have the time to go to one and can only afford the cover of one, then you go after the bigger money.

A port takes time. A port takes money. If that time and money can be spent on something that brings in more money then that is what will be made.

Obviously my implication is profit, not revenue. This game is being made for Xbone which had all their E3 demos running on Win 7/Nvidia hardware. Given that they run natively already, it will be very cheap to port games over to PC (interface tweaks, resolution support, control schemes, etc). An AAA game like The Division will easily sell enough copies to make back whatever costs they incur. Hell, throw the code on the 'net and modders will do it for you. But unless the game totally tanks, I can't see them not doing this.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 22:43 Cutter

Like I said, I found it odd the PC wasn't the lead for this to begin with. Whatevs, I signed it. This was one of the few titles at E3 that made me sit up and take notice.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 22:12 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:50:

That argument doesn't work.
If the "money on the table" costs more than the money to get to that table, then it makes no sense.
If that "money on the table" is less than money on a table in a different club, and you only have the time to go to one and can only afford the cover of one, then you go after the bigger money.

A port takes time. A port takes money. If that time and money can be spent on something that brings in more money then that is what will be made.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 21:59 Fantaz

The reason for this is that businesses like to see numbers. If a CEO or investor does not see the numbers that people would be interested in a PC port then they have no reason of funding development for one. I'm strictly a PC gamer, and I for one would like a chance to play this so I have signed the petition. Thanks Ubisoft for allowing me to show my interest in your game!  

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 21:29 Rattlehead

Uh, how about you arouse my interest, since I am the one paying after all.  

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2013, 20:50 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo