Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief E3 Presentation

This trailer offers a look as the E3 presentation of Thief as Eidos Montreal's "Producer / Thief" (not sure they meant the caption to read like he's a criminal) Stéphane Roy demonstrates the game for Spike TV's Geoff Keighley. The clip includes live gameplay footage, though it's the PlayStation 4 edition of the reboot that's used for this (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun). One of the topics they explore is the mix of action and stealth, and they admit they have been enhancing the action part of the equation as they've gone along after starting with a game that was almost purely about stealth.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

6. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 12:26 Jerykk

Now visual hit points....REALLY?! I hope you can turn that off in settings.

If you see the visual hit spots, that means you're in combat. If you're playing a stealth game and you're in combat, that means you're doing it wrong.

Really, I couldn't care less what they do with the combat because I don't plan on ever fighting anyone. As long as I can ghost my way through the game, I'm happy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 12:16 TychoCelchuuu

I was all set to hate this but it turns out you can turn off most of the dumb stuff in the options menu so maybe this will be a pretty good game. It's first person, at least...  

4. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 11:33 MajorD

Meh....I don't know, the more I see of this, the less excited I become. Now visual hit points....REALLY?! I hope you can turn that off in settings.

Well, I guess it IS a 'reboot' of the franchise, but they seem to be running with their own artistic license and straying too much from the original T1 & T2 formula.

Time will tell, but this certainly isn't a day one purchase for me anymore......I'm too much of a purest to the original series (T1 & T2) I guess.

3. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 11:33 Xero

I have no idea where this new Thief is going as I haven't followed any of it's development but from that video, it reminds me of good ole classic Thief.
So many good memories of that game. Hiding...waiting and watching enemy routes just for that right moment!

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

2. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 11:26 Slashman

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:47:
Maybe he's multiclassed? 8th level Producer, 7th level Thief?

Creston

He should add a few levels of mage to that. Never know when you'll need a magic missile or two...

1. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 10:47 Creston

Maybe he's multiclassed? 8th level Producer, 7th level Thief?

Creston

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo