Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief E3 Presentation

This trailer offers a look as the E3 presentation of Thief as Eidos Montreal's "Producer / Thief" (not sure they meant the caption to read like he's a criminal) Stéphane Roy demonstrates the game for Spike TV's Geoff Keighley. The clip includes live gameplay footage, though it's the PlayStation 4 edition of the reboot that's used for this (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun). One of the topics they explore is the mix of action and stealth, and they admit they have been enhancing the action part of the equation as they've gone along after starting with a game that was almost purely about stealth.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 18:21 NKD

Overon wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:07:
This gameplay trailer showed us bad animations, terrible AI, ugly GUI, and blurry textures and Adam Jensen as nothing but a thug murderer. This game was not designed to appeal to people who liked the first Deus Ex.

Changed that around just for the sake of argument. Pretty much the exact same shit everyone said about DXHR.

Just saying people shouldn't give up all hope... YET.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 18:07 Overon

This gameplay trailer showed us bad animations, terrible AI, ugly GUI, and blurry textures and Gerratt as nothing but a thug murderer. This game was not designed to appeal to people who liked the first 3.  

24. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 17:29 NKD

Not sure what all the freaking out and wrist slashing is about.

Aside from the shitty combat stuff, which you'll never see if you're playing it the right way, presumably, it looks like its probably the best stealth game we've had in.. uh... who knows how long. I don't really count DXHR since it's not that amazing if you judge it as a stealth game.

Speaking of DXHR, I'm having flashbacks to the threads about DXHR we had when they first started showing us gameplay.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 17:14 Quinn

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 16:42:
I'm surprised that you guys are surprised that this is shitty.

Not surprised at all! But the confirmation is still fucking painful...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 16:42 siapnar

I'm surprised that you guys are surprised that this is shitty.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

21. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 16:29 Acleacius

What a eff'n horrible UI! Cry  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

20. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 16:07 Cutter

well how else are they going to attact the console kiddies, right? Thief: Derp Edition.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 15:22 Quinn

This all had too much of a fucking Dishonored feel. Fuck!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 15:13 Fantaz

What's with this Batman vision that they put in there? Does a sonar to light up the enemies to see through walls and highlights outlines. This certainly doesn't look like Thief.  

17. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 15:09 Quinn

saluk wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:03:
The little they showed really doesn't fill me with confidence. What's with the fallout 3 VAT system making an appearance?

Yeah wtf was that about?

Neither did I like the "PRESS THIS BUTTON" to "Jump down the ledge, land on the ground perfectly next to the guard, and successfully knock him out". No. Just... No, not in this game. This doesn't look promising at all.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 15:03 saluk

The little they showed really doesn't fill me with confidence. What's with the fallout 3 VAT system making an appearance?  

15. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:54 Fion

My god the FoV looks like it's set to 40!  

14. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:48 Blackhawk

I'd prefer a classic Thief game, too, but:

They said from the beginning that this was a reboot. It isn't the same Thief games we used to play, and it isn't supposed to be. The Thief franchise was dead. The old games are still playable, and nothing they do will change them.

I'd rather have a good, atmospheric new game (by any name) than not have it. My concern is whether they can make a good new game (that may or may not remind me of a classic.)

It's like watching the Dark Knight trilogy and complaining that it doesn't have enough spandex and day-glo. Same basic setting. Completely different experience.

13. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:23 Cutter

Necrophob wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:19:
I was never a fan of the old Thief games, so I don't really have horse in the race here. I seem to remember everyone shitting all over Deus Ex: HR until it got leaked and people got to check it out, though. Maybe this will be a similar situation?

No because they weren't trying to reinvent anything. And while I recall people being concerned, no one was shitting all over it. More like a wait and see approach. Unfortunately with this from day one they've stated how they're re-imagining the property and making it 'hipper' so the kids will be down with it. And he reiterates these things in this interview how they're trying to make it more of an action game. Wtf?

12. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:22 Creston

Necrophob wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:19:
I was never a fan of the old Thief games, so I don't really have horse in the race here. I seem to remember everyone shitting all over Deus Ex: HR until it got leaked and people got to check it out, though. Maybe this will be a similar situation?

I still have hope.

Creston

11. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:19 Necrophob

10. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 13:34 siapnar

This looks bland, unpolished and uninspired.

And could they make it any easier to kill someone?

I've never played a Thief game (more than the first game's demo), so there's no bias here.

I have projectile dysfunction.

9. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 13:30 NKD

I don't care if they put in options to make the game more action oriented for retards so long as I can turn the shit off and just sneak around, which appears to be possible.

It's already a better Thief game than the last one, at any rate.

8. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 13:23 Cutter

I don't know what they're&#65279; making but it's not Thief.

7. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 12:52 rist3903

Doesn't look that bad to me. I don't have much experience with the originals. There is some consolitis going on with the circular hub and whatnot.

Unless those were in the original games as well?

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo