Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Diving Trailer

Here' a new trailer with prototype gameplay footage from World of Diving, the upcoming game that puts you in the shoes swimfins of a scuba diver. They warn this is an early look at the game so they can get feedback. "We’ve never before released gameplay footage this early into the development of a game. Apart from supporting the Indiegogo campaign, its goal is mainly to build, connect with, and communicate with the community from the very outset," says Tristan Lambert, Technical Director at Vertigo Games. "Instead of community building, we are gathering a building community around World of Diving." Here's more on the trailer: "The gameplay teaser highlights some of the activities that World of Diving players will be able to partake in together, besides enjoying the virtual fish, flora and fathoms of ocean. It shows the discovery of the forgotten wreckage of the “HMS Montebello,” ancient artifacts to be collected, and sharks startled at underwater flares. Additionally, an underwater communication system is introduced that, true to the real world diving experience, is based on professional diver gestures. This is to support underwater multiplayer interaction with other players on the diving team."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 15, 2013, 13:13 nin

I don't see a link to the actual project? http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-of-diving

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 15, 2013, 02:44 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 16:40:
But as a relaxation game the only reason people will want to look at it is if it's pretty. That's the main draw. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money.

I don't disagree, but I don't see how you justify that cost from a business perspective.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 15, 2013, 02:43 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 16:54:
Can we get a ban on any more games with the name of "World of Xxxx"?

Hmmmm.... "World of Xxxx." I think that title has a lot of promise actually. It would be hard for people not to be interested.

9. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 17:25 WyldKat

Could be a really fun Oculus Rift title, but I'd hope there's more to it than just swimming around and collecting junk. Do the sharks actually attack you? Do they have AI or are they just scripted to swim out of wrecks for a cheap jump scare?  

8. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 16:54 Mr. Tact

Can we get a ban on any more games with the name of "World of Xxxx"?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 16:40 Cutter

But as a relaxation game the only reason people will want to look at it is if it's pretty. That's the main draw. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 14:12 eRe4s3r

I always hoped someone would make a Sub Culture with the graphics of Silent Hunter 4 or 5 but alas.. nobody ever did... not 1 decent Sub Marine game exists nowadays.  

5. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 14:04 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 13:19:
Techie714 © wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 13:01:
This look really cool! Like a diving sim, with shipwrecks, sharks,exploring, etc. I would totally be into this. But it needs better graphics for sure.

I hope the graphics are substantially better at release.

I thought the same thing, but they're only going to sell 50-100K copies of this, so they can't afford to make it look pretty like Crysis. To get better graphics, we'd have to suffer QTEs, DLC, microtransactions, product placement, and fully automatic spear guns to shoot the zombie sharks that have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

Also, the low fidelity means that more casual gamers can play it on their laptop.

4. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 13:58 Krizzen

Xero wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:03:
For some reason I had flashbacks of Aquanox. Anyone remember that?

That's the first thing I thought of too. Also, there was some submarine game/demo that came with the Monster 3D sound. It was more exploration based, but I can't remember the name. It had a nice vibe to it, like it was relaxing just cruising around underwater, and it was kinda freaky once you got far from the base.

I think we need some more underwater games!

EDIT: The game was called Sub Culture

3. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 13:19 Cutter

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 13:01:
This look really cool! Like a diving sim, with shipwrecks, sharks,exploring, etc. I would totally be into this. But it needs better graphics for sure.

I hope the graphics are substantially better at release.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 13:01 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 11:03 Xero

Looks interesting. I think they could of taken the graphics even further considering it's all water based. I've seen better water in Crysis or FarCry 3...
For some reason I had flashbacks of Aquanox. Anyone remember that? I know I know, this really has nothing to do with submarines blowing the shiz out of everything, lol

Currently playing: Skyrim

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo