Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 InBlack

avianflu wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:01:
the "cloud" in this instance will just be another form of DRM imposed by MS and game pubs.

"Microsoft Hopes Publishers Will Provide More Value To Consumers If Xbox One Games Canít Be Resold."

the above is beyond bogus. Game pubs are going to package DLC similarly across the platforms as they always have. It would make no sense for them not to.

There is about as much chance of publishers providing that much value to customers as there is of me finding a suitcase filled with money in the middle of the street AND actually spending it without dissapearing off the face of the earth.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 10:01 avianflu

the "cloud" in this instance will just be another form of DRM imposed by MS and game pubs.

"Microsoft Hopes Publishers Will Provide More Value To Consumers If Xbox One Games Canít Be Resold."

the above is beyond bogus. Game pubs are going to package DLC similarly across the platforms as they always have. It would make no sense for them not to.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 09:53 wtf_man

Microsoft: Xbox One's "infinite cloud power" can track 330,000 asteroids in space

..and it can track every lemming that bought the box, simultaneously!

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 09:48 Verno

Xbox One sharing groups not restricted to family.

Haha yeah right. There is no way this won't be restricted out the wazoo and totally useless. I do not believe for a minute they want to restrict copies artificially but are going to let people just share their library with whoever they want at any time. Even assuming they did this to help garner some goodwill after this epic clusterfuck, they will likely just get rid of it as soon as they can like they did with Xbox Live Family subs and stuff like that. Microsoft is staunchly anti-value, they've shown it time and time again.

Also the cloud means nothing, I am not buying a gaming console based on a server cluster somewhere.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo