Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 21:15 siapnar

Ubisoft is asking PC gamers to show support for a PC version of The Division, so if you want that killer looking game to come to PC, start to pester them on facebook, or emails, or sign petitions to get it done, such as this one

Didn't know where else to post this.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 19:17 Beamer

wtf_man wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:48:
Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
Microsoft will serve its US base first. Sony will serve its Japanese first.
Amazon may have been told they were getting 100,000 Xboxes day one and 20,000 PS4s day one.

Actually, several sources say that Sony is serving the Western markets first this time, and may hold off on the Japanese launch due to such high demand in the West.

May be smart of them. This is their toughest market.
Tough who knows how the Japanese audience would react. But it isn't as if they'd buy XBONEs instead.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 18:48 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
Amazon may have been told they were getting 100,000 Xboxes day one and 20,000 PS4s day one.

Actually, several sources say that Sony is serving the Western markets first this time, and may hold off on the Japanese launch due to such high demand in the West.

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 17:22 Redmask

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:39:
Gamespot is deathly afraid of Xbox One that if you preorder the PS4, all your trades-in credit increases 30% if you put that money down on the PS4. This is not a joke either, I called Gamestop yesterday looking for an Xbox 360 controller and that's the first thing they mentioned when they pick up the phone.

Gamespot knows where its bread is buttered and is showing Microsoft what happens when you shit where you eat.

Looks like those Xbox One controllers do work on Windows since Microsoft was running its Xbox One demos off Windows 7 PCs. That is too fucking funny, couldn't even run them on their shiny new $500 toy. Another site running the story. Nvidia GeForce 700 cards with HP desktops or some shit.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2013, 17:41.

40. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:55 Julio

It's amazing how the gaming industry is crying poor, and that's why they need to ram this intrusive DRM into us and try to eliminate used games. There's plenty of money coming in, they just can't manage their spending (similar to politicians).

If they want to get rid of some of the value games provide (such as reselling once done), then drop the prices substantially to make up for that lost value. Otherwise there's no consumer incentive. In a competitive business you can't successfully offer less value for more money. Good try though Microsoft.

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:42 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Funny thing with asteroids, its never the ones that you can track that are the problem  

38. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:12 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 12:31:
Apparently in Ryse the QTEs complete themselves if you botch them, derptastic.

The game must go on!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:11 Cutter

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:40:
One other interesting thing about not being able to resell your used games.
When the xbox 2 comes out in a few years and of course it will not be backwards compatible with the xbone, all your games you have purchased are locked to the old system.
Unless you keep the xbone forevah and hope that it will never break down you have lost all your old games.

On the PC I can still play my games I bought digitally regardless of the CPU I have in my computer today or tomorrow.

So locking games to a system on a console doesn't make as much sense as it does on the PC because of the constantly changing system architecture from one generation to the next. Not really sure how publishers figure this is a great benefit for consumers.

No, consumers won't have to worry about that. MS will simply deactivate all the games and the Failbox will be a doorstop - which is all it's really good for to begin with. And according to MS that's a win for the consumer!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:09 jdreyer

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:39:
Gamespot is deathly afraid of Xbox One that if you preorder the PS4, all your trades-in credit increases 30% if you put that money down on the PS4. This is not a joke either, I called Gamestop yesterday looking for an Xbox 360 controller and that's the first thing they mentioned when they pick up the phone.

I think you mean Gamestop the store, not Gamespot the game review site, but wow, I hadn't heard that. Going to their site, XBone preorders are the top item, so I wonder if this is a franchise level deal.

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:09 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:02:
As for CDProject, I mean, give the guys a break. What are they going to do, NOT release on one of the two next major consoles?
Indeed. It's not a great outcome. But for a major (and expensive to produce) RPG like that, it's simply not financially viable not to go fully cross-platform. No matter how crazy MS is, XB1 is going to sell, and CDProjekt needs to be able to reach those consumers to move enough copies of their game.

34. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:05 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:02:

If I was CDProjekt, I'd put a little notice at the start of the game that says "We're sorry about this draconian DRM. It wasn't our choice to inflict this upon you. Get it from GOG DRM free!"

Creston

Heh, they did that at the end of the article.
"What I can, however, guarantee here and now, is that if you want the 100 per cent DRM-free experience you will have it on the PC, the platform where we set the rules for our games. The Witcher 3 will be available 100 per cent DRM-free on our digital distribution platform GOG.com, and that's one thing I can confirm."

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 15:40 SpectralMeat

One other interesting thing about not being able to resell your used games.
When the xbox 2 comes out in a few years and of course it will not be backwards compatible with the xbone, all your games you have purchased are locked to the old system.
Unless you keep the xbone forevah and hope that it will never break down you have lost all your old games.

On the PC I can still play my games I bought digitally regardless of the CPU I have in my computer today or tomorrow.

So locking games to a system on a console doesn't make as much sense as it does on the PC because of the constantly changing system architecture from one generation to the next. Not really sure how publishers figure this is a great benefit for consumers.

Steam: SpectralMeat

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 15:32 Yosemite Sam

"Microsoft Hopes Publishers Will Provide More Value To Consumers If Xbox One Games Canít Be Resold"

More like Microsoft hopes you'll believe this BS.

COD:BO did 1.5 billion. I never got the game so please tell me how much extra value you all got seeing as Activision made a shit load of money? I'm going to go out on a limb and say people who bought the game got zero extra value and the only people who got extra value were the execs at Activision and their shareholders... oh sorry I forgot you got to see Robert Downey Jr in Black OPs 2 commercials, rejoice in your extra value.

I suppose the gamers themselves did get a little 'extra something' in BO2...

"Treyarch screws Black Ops II preorders over by making the preorder bonus, Nuketown 2025, unavailable in public playlists only 6 days after the games release."

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 15:31 Tumbler

Xbox One sharing groups not restricted to family.

...right... I'll believe that when I see it. Anyone who believes this probably owns a lot of bridges.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 15:20 saluk

With all this talk of the 24 hour check in, the kinect that may or may not be watching you, and the weird drm to prevent used games; I think the thing that worries me the most is the cloud stuff. If developers really rely on that, a bunch of games will be broken in a few years when support goes away. I'm not much of a fan of modern games, I like playing older games a lot more. This cloud stuff really sucks for preservation.  

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:39 Rattlehead

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:20 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:42:
The "value" is that more games would be profitable, and therefore more/riskier games would be made.

And, ultimately, that would be true. If more games made money, and all games made more money, more games would be made. But... it's tenuous at best.

Or game publishers will drive Ferraris instead of BMWs.

Yup.
I really don't much doubt that getting rid of GameStop will create more revenue for devs and publishers.
I do have reservations about whether that revenue will create value for consumers.

-------------

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:18 Beamer

SirKnight wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:05:
So of course the PS4 "launch edition" on Amazon has been sold out for a while now, I just noticed the "day one" edition of the Xfail is still available for pre-order. Haha!

How are you reading anything into that?
In any case the Xbox Day One edition was sold out until today. While it may have been canceled orders, it's more likely that they were given more stock.

-------------

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:18 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:42:
The "value" is that more games would be profitable, and therefore more/riskier games would be made.

And, ultimately, that would be true. If more games made money, and all games made more money, more games would be made. But... it's tenuous at best.

Or game publishers will drive Ferraris instead of BMWs.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 14:05 SirKnight

So of course the PS4 "launch edition" on Amazon has been sold out for a while now, I just noticed the "day one" edition of the Xfail is still available for pre-order. Haha!  

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo