Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced

Eutechnyx announces NASCAR The Game 2013, a new racing simulation coming to Windows PCs this summer. The NASCAR The Game website doesn't yet have media from the new game, so for now all we have to go by is the press release:

NASCAR® The Game™ 2013 lets players take to the tracks and redefine races using the new Gen 6 model cars. Supporting an updated and enhanced paint booth tool, players can customize their Gen 6 paint schemes and import them into the games multiple race modes to show the world their design skills. Supporting the new 2013 roster with all the team and driver changes, players can take their own shot at being crowned the Sprint Cup Series Champion by starting a competitive season as a rookie and racing against their favorite drivers in career mode, or race online with friends.

The game also features Inside Line Highlights - scenarios from actual NASCAR races (2011, 2012 seasons) that have been recreated from the actual race telemetry data, which allow players to recreate, relive and rewrite the most exciting NASCAR moments. Additionally, and a first for any sport based videogame, the current 2013 season is being supported by weekly downloadable Inside Line Highlights being available shortly after racing events take place. The package is made complete with commentary provided courtesy of Fox Sports’ Darrell Waltrip and Mike Joy, while the player’s crew is voiced by spotter Ty Norris and crew chief Ray Evernham.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 14:43 Beamer

djinn wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 07:10:
Tom wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 23:42:
It's about the difference between racing the other drivers vs. racing the course. Ovals put all the emphasis squarely on racing the other drivers. Believe it or not, this leads to interesting and exciting things. Try actually doing it in a realistic simulation like iRacing if you really want to understand.

Or, you can choose to stay ignorant and post another comment about left turns. But then who's dumber - you or the rednecks?

"Nascar The Game: Inside Line"

Or outside line? The choice is yours!

More like the choice is everyone around you's! Many races are packed so tight that everyone just drives in formation.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 14:39 Harlequin

So I can drive around in circles for a hour on my PC just like watching a bunch of people drive around in circles for a hour on TV? Sounds... errmm... 'fun'.  

17. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 14:33 jdreyer

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 07:47:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:14:
I get F1 and Rally racing, but will never for the life of me understand the draw of NASCAR.

Close racing.

So, an hour of driving in circles for ten seconds of adrenaline?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 10:31 xXBatmanXx

I get F1 and Rally racing, but will never for the life of me understand the draw of NASCAR.

Close racing.

Yea, I was always very knowledgeable, understood the theory, understood the mechanics, understood the players, understood everything about racing, but never really got into it.

Then my wife and I went to Talladega last year.....wow. (I bought her tickets to the race since I was bringing her to her 10th Kentucky Derby - everything was a surprise for her bday) Pretty damn cool. Simply put, any sport that allows me to bring a case of beer into the stadium, got no problems with it. It was her 3rd race, and she is a fan.

But, the other side of it. We actually met some really cool people (as well as had a lot of fun people watching), 99% of the people were very nice, talkative, respectful, fun to hang out with. The sport does nothing but cater to the fan. Everything about the "Nascar Experience" is enjoyable. I found the pre and post race fans and experience more positive than any other sports event I have gone to, and I have been to damn near everything, and am a Vikings Season ticket holder (which I think NFL pre game is the bottom of the barrel as far as fans go).

Anyway. I encourage everyone to go check it out. I know that some tracks are a lot more fun than others, and Daytona and 'Dega are 2 of the most enjoyable to go to because of the speed and style of racing at those tracks. Pocono last week was boring as hell, but shorter tracks are a lot of fun because of the drama.....

/edit: Even the Nation Wide race at 'Dega this year was a sweet finish, with Kurt in the ME car.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2013, 10:37.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 10:24 xXBatmanXx

walrus1 wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 00:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 23:14:
Left turns!
KEEP GOING LEFT!!!

Except you know...the road courses....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2013, 08:47 Rigs

Close racing.

Yup, I remember that race! I also remember Craven's huge, death-defying wreck at Tally all those years ago where he flipped up and over 4 cars, crashed into the catch fence and then back down over 4 more cars and into the infield without hardly touching anyone! And there was nothing left of that car afterward. NASCAR racing is just something, I guess, you have to have a thing for. I watch Indy and F1 but I'd gladly watch a NASCAR cup race over either. When I'm racing in IRacing, it takes constant concentration and it isn't easy! Just because you go 'left' doesn't mean it's a walk in the park. You have to hit your marks, just like Indy oval racing, and you don't have nearly the amount of downforce to stick you to the track as F1 and Indy cars do, which makes it more challenging as well. The 'left turn' comments don't bother me, it just tells me that either A: They've never really sat and watched a whole race all the way through and given it a chance or B: Are just being ignorant...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

13. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 08:33 Mark

Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

"Try to go easy on the tires!"

12. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 07:47 JaguarUSF

Close racing.

11. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 07:10 djinn

It's about the difference between racing the other drivers vs. racing the course. Ovals put all the emphasis squarely on racing the other drivers. Believe it or not, this leads to interesting and exciting things. Try actually doing it in a realistic simulation like iRacing if you really want to understand.

Or, you can choose to stay ignorant and post another comment about left turns. But then who's dumber - you or the rednecks?

"Nascar The Game: Inside Line"

Or outside line? The choice is yours!

10. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 02:21 theyarecomingforyou

For what it's worth I really enjoyed the old NASCAR games back in the day, despite the fact I'm a Brit and have zero interest in the sport itself. However, modern racer franchises like F1, DiRT and GRID have redefined the genre and the videos on the website for this look terrible - it's clearly a budget game. It's a shame, as with a AAA budget and a decent developer I'm sure they could make an awesome game.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

9. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 02:05 Cutter

Yes, but other drivers in F1 and rally do that to, and a much more interesting fashion than going round and round. Then there's the endurance angle that NASCAR fans like to tout as if racing any other way as somehow less intensive. I recall reading somewhere once that F1 racers were some of the best conditioned athletes in the world. I don't if it's true or not but the only thing I can imagine NASCAR being more of a test of is one of fighting off the boredom of driving around an oval for a few hours. Ok, I'll give them that. But really, how much skill does it take to draft for hours on end?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 13, 2013, 00:51 walrus1

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 23:14:
Left turns!
KEEP GOING LEFT!!!

7. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 23:42 Tom

6. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 23:14 dj LiTh

Left turns!  

5. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:59 siapnar

Yeaaap

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:59 jdreyer

Same here. Especially from a gaming perspective. I enjoyed learning the twisting F1 courses, and developing strategies based on the design of each unique course. And Rally is a blast; I especially enjoy the Dirt series. But I've never pined for a Nascar simulator. Those ovals just seem so boring to me.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:38 Mad Max RW

Will it have zombies?  

2. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:14 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced Jun 12, 2013, 22:00 Closed Betas

Published by Activision, Good to see the exclusive rights contracts are done with EA and sports games can come back to the PC.
Now all other franchise owners should learn the power of failure when selling exclusive rights... Well, i guess they can't sail their yachts as much so might be a short hiatus

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo