Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

136. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:41 Rattlehead

Some of you people are digging way to deep into this stuff. The PS4 restrictions are exactly the same thing as Ps3. What's so difficult to comprehend about this? What you see is what you get.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

135. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:40 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:05:
I haven't seen Sony contradict itself so far,

Sonys explanation could not be clearer

If a publisher wants to pull a SimCity then customers can choose to ignore that game rather than have DRM implemented for every single game they buy.

It think details on exactly how a publisher can DRM the game hasn't been really shared. It sounds like they can definately put limits into the games if they like.

Didn't MS sort of say the same thing? That it is up to the publishers?

134. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:39 Lorcin

Krovven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:14:
Lorcin wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:05:
Slightly more telling poll:

UK tabloid poll

If you just want the results it's 79% PS4 to 21% xbox one - with 20725 votes cast as I write this.

Interesting to note afaik the UK is the only place 360 has beaten PS3.

You have that incorrect. US is the only region that 360 has outsold PS3. UK and Japan sales are greater for the PS3 than the 360.

PS3 has barely passed the 360 for Global sales totals. They are basically neck and neck at this point. And, 360 has been out a year longer.

Did mean to say UK only place outside NA but I'm still not so sure PS£ is dominant in the UK - remember UK isn't a REGION. Can find lots of things saying 360 is strong in the uk but struggling to find actual hard numbers for the PS3.

This quote from the head of SCEE in 2011 sums it up:

“Whether you approach the UK from the perspective of our momentum, or the perspective of the competitive landscape, for us the UK is more like US than continental Europe. If you look across the PAL territory, where typically we outsell our competitors by around 50 per cent on a weekly basis, it’s inverted in the UK.

133. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:39 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:27:

Ya but how many of those 360s are second, third and fourth purchases to replace bricked consoles.

Funny thing is, I wrote a bunch more talking about that and the debates I got into on this site a few years ago with the 360/PS3 debate. But I deleted it to avoid getting into arguments about it again. Hence the "edit" on my post below.

I will never understand why people supported the 360 so heavily in the US after they had bad hardware with the Xbox, abandoned it shortly before the 360 release and then followed it up with bad hardware on the 360.

132. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:37 nin

Were some of you looking forward to Killer Instinct?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

131. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:33 nin

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:28:
DG wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:29:
I don't get why people are so happy and excited that MS messed up so badly. This is not a good thing for gamers. Like Intel fanboys being smug about AMD's lacklustre chips then wondering why the Intel prices are high and performance increments so little each release. So much love for Sony just because all they did is start charging for multiplayer?

Your analogy is flawed. A better analogy would have been about Intel fanboys cheering that AMD's chips are lacklustre, and then finding out that Intel's CPUs are selling for $100 less than AMD. And don't come with a "You buy this CPU, but it's really still ours, and you can't resell it unless we okay it," stipulation.

Creston

And it's a great thing for gamers since MS tried to institute a ton of stupid shit people didn't want, and were promptly told to fuck off.

130. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:28 Creston

DG wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:29:
I don't get why people are so happy and excited that MS messed up so badly. This is not a good thing for gamers. Like Intel fanboys being smug about AMD's lacklustre chips then wondering why the Intel prices are high and performance increments so little each release. So much love for Sony just because all they did is start charging for multiplayer?

Your analogy is flawed. A better analogy would have been about Intel fanboys cheering that AMD's chips are lacklustre, and then finding out that Intel's CPUs are selling for $100 less than AMD. And don't come with a "You buy this CPU, but it's really still ours, and you can't resell it unless we okay it," stipulation.

Creston

129. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:27 Yosemite Sam

Krovven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:14:

UK tabloid poll

If you just want the results it's 79% PS4 to 21% xbox one - with 20725 votes cast as I write this.

You have that incorrect. US is the only region that 360 has outsold PS3. UK and Japan sales are greater for the PS3 than the 360.

PS3 has barely passed the 360 for Global sales totals. They are basically neck and neck at this point. And, 360 has been out a year longer.

Ya but how many of those 360s are second, third and fourth purchases to replace bricked consoles.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

128. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:26 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:19:
Downloaded games can be shared on the Xbox

Considering they can only be traded ONCE, to me it's an empty feature. Meaning you can't give it to your friend and then get it back from them when they are done. The feature means little to me.

And yes, it has to be someone that has been on your friends list for longer than 30 days.

127. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:22 Verno

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:19:
Well the Xbox does have one advantage over the PS4 that no one seems to notice... Downloaded games can be shared on the Xbox, within their limitations, something you can't do on the PS4.

I thought they said anything downloaded to a console was available to any profiles on the console? I can't remember where I saw it linked though.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

126. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:21 nin

Ryse had my interest peaked until the hand to hand combat started, lame.

Exactly, me too. Looked pretty, lots of detail, shit blowing up everywhere, and then...Press X!

<sigh>

125. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:19 nin

UK tabloid poll

Wow, severe ass beating...

124. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:19 Yosemite Sam

Well the Xbox does have one advantage over the PS4 that no one seems to notice... Downloaded games can be shared on the Xbox, within their limitations, something you can't do on the PS4.

Wow on the metacritic scores for 'The Last of Us'. Watching the E3 stuff yesterday there was a ton of hype on it... I seem to recall hearing a 20 hour game length, and it hits the shelves on friday, woot!

Some really interesting looking games shown yesterday. Destiny looked friken awsome, online co-op bliss. Dead Rising 3, MGS5, The Order and The Division. Mad Max and Battlefront showed pretty much nothing but something to keep an eye on... and of course stuff we already knew was in the pipe, Watch Dogs, Killzone, Second Son... Ryse had my interest peaked until the hand to hand combat started, lame.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

123. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:14 Krovven

UK tabloid poll

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2013, 16:21.

122. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:10 Suruali

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:05:
Anyways I think it will be more interesting to see how and when Microsoft walks some of this stuff back.

MS are buying a New Coke factory? Link pls.

121. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:10 yuastnav

2nd_floor wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:35:
So the executable of any game has to be 64 bit to use more than 3GBs of system ram? Even if the os is 64 bit? I think its 3GBs isn't it, that was the limit that 32 bit systems could use?
[...]

32 bit processors can address 2^32 bytes of memory, which is 4 Gigabytes.
64 bit processors can address 2^64 bytes of memory, which is 16 Exabytes.

As far as I know applications in 32 bit Windows can address 2GB, maximum is up to 3GB.
On a 64 bit Windows system it's max. 4 GB.
Source

120. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:05 Verno

I've read a lot, both sides contradicting themselves. We have on the record the 0ne is also up to the publisher.

I haven't seen Sony contradict itself so far, remarkably they seem to have actually learned from past mistakes. They only really came out with information yesterday. Microsoft on the other hand has contradicted itself numerous times and even in its official page on the subject isn't entirely clear. They claim its up to the publisher but also say that you need to check in every 24 hours for example.

Sonys explanation could not be clearer, it is exactly what we have right now with current gen consoles which is why it appeals to people so much. In fact it's slightly better since they are ditching their own online pass system entirely for the PS4. If a publisher wants to pull a SimCity then customers can choose to ignore that game rather than have DRM implemented for every single game they buy.

Anyways I think it will be more interesting to see how and when Microsoft walks some of this stuff back. They have to give somewhere - price, DRM, etc.

119. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:05 Lorcin

UK tabloid poll

118. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:01 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:45:
Actually it seems mandated on one system, optional on the other. The former is restrictive and crappy (checking in every 24h for example, one license, etc), the latter is pretty much what we have right now.

I've read a lot, both sides contradicting themselves. We have on the record the 0ne is also up to the publisher. We'll see, we have time and there will be a lot of articles on this and all else fails. Watch and see.

This has all been as clear as mud in the fine details and fanatics make it all the harder.

117. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:01 Verno

I think Krovven means this one and holy shit that AI is bad. Not sure how I feel about the rest yet, gonna watch it a few more times.

edit: whoops sorry Krovven missed your other reply, thread moves fast.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2013, 16:10.

196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo