Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 10:01 Dagnamit

The problem that Sony might have in the long run, as online DRM models get more savvy and consumer friendly (they will), is that some big time developers will really like the control that MS is giving them. This may lead to a better selection of titles on the Xbone. I'm a pessimist for sure, but I just feel that Sony's decision here may be a short-sighted reaction to MS, and not much thought went into it. They are almost certainly selling the thing at a loss for a while. Not a great a idea for a company that typically hemorrages cash. They could have priced it at $500 with the current features and people would have called it a better deal than Xbox.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:54 SpectralMeat

I wonder if Microsoft will drop the price to match the $399 before release. It is too late now anyways, first impression is everything but it would show how desperate they are, after the reaming Sony gave them.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:51 Efflixi

Final Score:
Xbox 1 - PlayStation 4

I've never owned a console before (PC guy for 25 years), but as soon as I get some money, I'm pre-ordering a PS4 just to spite MS.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:36 SirKnight

BWAAHAHAHA! MS got owned. Hard. After this news last night, I pre-ordered a PS4.  

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:33 wtf_man

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:26:
The only real drawback, if you want to call it that, is that they will now be issuing a fee for their multiplayer platform. Not much of a problem for me as I generally avoid playing multiplayer in most games since I can't stand all the bullshit baggage that it comes with.

I have no intention of playing online, so that doesn't bother me too much. If a game comes out that I REALLY want to play online... I might subscribe for a bit. I also intend to turn off all the social crap and achievement shit, and try to play mostly offline, like I do with Steam.

At least they aren't forcing me to subscribe to be able to watch fucking Netflix, like M$.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:32 Julio

PS4 preordered here, sticking it to Microsoft is mostly why. Good job Sony.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 FU

I preordered last night. I just hope M$ has some balls ,and sticks with their tomfoolery. .just like Nintendo back in the 90s when they decided not to included blood in the first mortal combat. Total defeat.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 Verno

Oh and I forgot, comes with a headset now too.

The only real drawback, if you want to call it that, is that they will now be issuing a fee for their multiplayer platform. Not much of a problem for me as I generally avoid playing multiplayer in most games since I can't stand all the bullshit baggage that it comes with.

I think it's silly to pay for MP but I rarely do any on the consoles and they didn't paywall the media stuff. More importantly Sony is more carrot than stick when it comes to PS+, they give away a ton of awesome games and rotate them monthly, it really is a quality subscription service and should be the bar they're all measured by. Xbox Live Gold is a joke by comparison.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 Wallshadows

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:24 NeOCidE

Would love to be a fly-on-the-wall at Xbox HQ.
Sony absolutely owned them with their conference.
I honestly don't know how MS can repair the damage they have done to their reputation.

Sony have it all, the exclusives, hardware, pricing and even allow for 2nd hand market with no Internet connection required.

I hope this sends a clear message that we as consumers won't buy in to those kinds of restrictions.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:21 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:09:
More PS4 stuff:

- No region locking
- Hard drive is user service and replaceable
- Comes with controller and HDMI cord, no PS Eye

Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.

I Pre-ordered ours on Amazon. Not surprised that the pre-orders are surpassing XBox One, now. I usually don't pre-order shit, but I wanted to send my own message to Microsoft.

I think later in the day, we'll see news of it overwhelmingly outselling the XBox.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:20 Kajetan

Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.
And the really funny thing is ... people are excited about the PS4 not about something special Sony might have done, but because Microsoft so utterly, utterly fucked up their own product.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:14 SpectralMeat

Just hearing the crowd and the reactions of people when they've announced the used game stuff was awesome and should send a pretty clear message to Microsoft.
I sure hope the sales numbers will tell the same story.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:11 Wallshadows

...and the winner of E3 goes to Sony.

Wait wait wait....why aren't you using the "It came from E3" headline?

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:11 SpectralMeat

I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.

I agree though, even with the technical issues of some of the demos they've showed the good stuff over shadows the bad on the PS4 briefing.

That destiny demo looked pretty cool too, towards the end with the public event.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:09 Verno

More PS4 stuff:

- No region locking
- Hard drive is user service and replaceable
- Comes with controller and HDMI cord, no PS Eye

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo