Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

96. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:10 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:06:
Wow. You really do need mental help and medication.

I've been saying this about him for years. It's about time everyone else started to see it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

95. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:08 nin

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:00:
NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:38:
You say this about every fucking thing and about three quarters of the time you're wrong. You're the most negative guy on the Internet.

No, I'm not, I'm the most realistic and most often correct guy on it. My batting average is .999 and yours and your ilk is .001. You're just pissed because I am right virtually all the time. So no, it doesn't make me wrong, it makes you a whiny, petulant child. Everytime you've quoted me saying I'm wrong, every single fucking time, every one! I've been right and you've been wrong. Don't you EVER tire of being WRONG all the time? ALL OF IT! You and other children like Agent X7 obviously can't handle it, or reality, or the truth about anything for that matter so put me on ignore because that's where you two are now joining the rank of the rest of the clowns around here.

You are semi delusional.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

94. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:07 Darks

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:09:
Ratty wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:14:
Just hearing the crowd and the reactions of people when they've announced the used game stuff was awesome and should send a pretty clear message to Microsoft.
I'm not saying the freedom Sony appears to be giving their customers isn't a great thing, but you do know they often pack these kinds of audiences with their own cheering/applause boosters.
Judging it from the reaction of the people and the preorders being sold out already for the PS4 but not for the xbone I am pretty sure Sony did not need any "cheer" or "applause" signs on this E3 conference.

Totally unofficial poll, but the numbers are rather telling...

M$ should change the name to Xbox Done!

As in, history, toast!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

93. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:06 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:00:
You say this about every fucking thing and about three quarters of the time you're wrong. You're the most negative guy on the Internet.

No, I'm not, I'm the most realistic and most often correct guy on it. My batting average is .999 and yours and your ilk is .001. You're just pissed because I am right virtually all the time. So no, it doesn't make me wrong, it makes you a whiny, petulant child. Everytime you've quoted me saying I'm wrong, every single fucking time, every one! I've been right and you've been wrong. Don't you EVER tire of being WRONG all the time? ALL OF IT! You and other children like Agent X7 obviously can't handle it, or reality, or the truth about anything for that matter so put me on ignore because that's where you two are now joining the rank of the rest of the clowns around here.

Wow. You really do need mental help and medication.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

92. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:02 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:57:
No, because you are ignoring contextually important information and speaking in broadstroke vagueness. I'm all for being skeptical and cautious but we have a wealth of information in our hands right now and its quite specific about implementation yet you keep acting like we haven't just seen a massive conference answering pretty much every question people had. Claiming Sony was being evasive when they're being the literal opposite of evasive is pretty silly. They were being evasive before the conference, not after. I strongly suspect you didn't even watch it before commenting.

If and when Sony changes course on some of these decisions then people will deal with it but until then they've been very clear and given us more than enough information to inform a purchase decision. They also didn't do it with a bunch of conflicting information like Microsoft did. It's not difficult to see why people are thinking the PS4 will be a better buy here.

Wtf are you talking about? I just watched and read all the same things and NOWHERE do they state anything with any explicitness beyond what's self-applied FFS! You're reaching and you're creating facts to fit your view of things. It has ZERO basis in reality. Hate on MS all you like but if you think Sony is being entirely clear about everything you need to take a huge reality pill.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

91. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:01 Krovven

Xbox One vs PS4 feature graphic

A simple graphic for those simple people that think they see something everyone else doesn't.

90. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:01 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:04:
Jesus, Cutter. I think you need meds. You are the single most negative person I have ever read online, and that's saying something.

Because I'm a realist and pragmatist? Because just about everytime a corporation gets an inch they take a yard? That they value profits over people and will say and do just about anything to walk all over people to get them? Whatever, scooter, you keep walking with the blind but my eyes are wide open. I bet you were shocked, just shocked that your government isn't the nice entity you thought it to be or that a lot of people around the world hate your country because of its policies and actions. Yes, sir, must be nice to live in your little Pollyanna fantasy world.

Oh please, as an actual realist and an actual pragmatist, I can confirm that just painting worst case scenario on EVERY POSSIBLE SUBJECT is not pragmatism. That's just being a god damn Negative Nancy.

If you were a real pragmatist, you'd say something like "Well, it's still possible for publishers to bone people with DRM, but Sony isn't going out of their way to accomodate them in that regard. So I'd rather support them."

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

89. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:00 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

88. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:57 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:53:
Because I'm a realist and pragmatist? Because just about everytime a corporation gets an inch they take a yard? That they value profits over people and will say and do just about anything to walk all over people to get them? Whatever, scooter, you keep walking with the blind but my eyes are wide open. I bet you were shocked, just shocked that your government isn't the nice entity you thought it to be or that a lot of people around the world hate your country because of its policies and actions. Yes, sir, must be nice to live in your little Pollyanna fantasy world.

No, because you are ignoring contextually important information and speaking in broadstroke vagueness. I'm all for being skeptical and cautious but we have a wealth of information in our hands right now and its quite specific about implementation yet you keep acting like we haven't just seen a massive conference answering pretty much every question people had. Claiming Sony was being evasive when they're being the literal opposite of evasive is pretty silly. They were being evasive before the conference, not after. I strongly suspect you didn't even watch it before commenting.

If and when Sony changes course on some of these decisions then people will deal with it but until then they've been very clear and given us more than enough information to inform a purchase decision. They also didn't do it with a bunch of conflicting information like Microsoft did. It's not difficult to see why people are thinking the PS4 will be a better buy here.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

87. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:55 NKD

2nd_floor wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:47:
Awesome for AMD with both Xbone and PS4 using its technology, but doesn't Intel have much better tech generally than AMD? I guess at far higher price though. Or if they went with Intel, they have to find a GPU seperately, and AMD has better technology for CPU and GPU in one chip than Intel does?

Also, isnt the 8GBs RAM going to hurt performance on both Xbone and PS4? On pc we have system RAM and graphics ram., maybe 8GBs and 6GBs respectively, and ram can make a huge difference!

8GB should be plenty. Even on a high end PC gaming you aren't using 8GB between system and VRAM unless you're doing multi-display, which has a lot of frame buffer overhead just from the amount of pixels. Console games will be running at 1080p or less.

Most PC game executables won't even use more than 2GB system RAM due to 32bit limitations and then a little bit more for large memory addressing if they use that flag. Then for VRAM you get by well under 2GB in 1080p without anti-aliasing.

So 8GB is actually pretty roomy, and about as much as they could have without really making the console VERY expensive.

86. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:53 Cutter

Jesus, Cutter. I think you need meds. You are the single most negative person I have ever read online, and that's saying something.

85. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:49 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:09:
Ratty wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:14:
Just hearing the crowd and the reactions of people when they've announced the used game stuff was awesome and should send a pretty clear message to Microsoft.
I'm not saying the freedom Sony appears to be giving their customers isn't a great thing, but you do know they often pack these kinds of audiences with their own cheering/applause boosters.
Judging it from the reaction of the people and the preorders being sold out already for the PS4 but not for the xbone I am pretty sure Sony did not need any "cheer" or "applause" signs on this E3 conference.

Totally unofficial poll, but the numbers are rather telling...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

84. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:47 2nd_floor

Awesome for AMD with both Xbone and PS4 using its technology, but doesn't Intel have much better tech generally than AMD? I guess at far higher price though. Or if they went with Intel, they have to find a GPU seperately, and AMD has better technology for CPU and GPU in one chip than Intel does?

Also, isnt the 8GBs RAM going to hurt performance on both Xbone and PS4? On pc we have system RAM and graphics ram., maybe 8GBs and 6GBs respectively, and ram can make a huge difference!

83. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:38 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:14:
Wait, I'm not following this closely, but is Cutter kind of right? I mean, publishers can still enforce DRM on the PS4 to limit used games, according to what I'm reading.

So... this could backfire on them, but they have a LOT of room for backfires, given that the IGN poll has them leading for "winning" by a 70 point margin.

In the long run, I don't think anyone will use these DRM features, or that many will. At least in the first 3 years of the lifespan. It will be a creeping feature, to the point that I'm surprised it wasn't rolled out later rather than being trumpeted now.

They explicitly said there are "no new restrictions" on used games. There isn't any kind of special DRM available to publishers that they couldn't already implement on 360 or PS3.

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:22:

1) They said the same thing as MS as it applies to their games you can trade them without fees, let friends play them, etc. They did NOT say bupkiss about what publishers may or may not do.

How the fuck are they supposed to speak for publishers? That'd be entirely inappropriate for one, and meaningless for two since they aren't in the business of dictating game design to publishers. If some publisher wants to make their game online-only, they can do so. Just like they could on 360 or PS3.

2) Note they did not state that for multiplayer games you now have to pay for it same as MS Gold. How do you think that would have went over at their press conference.

Everyone likes free better than pay, obviously. But PSN+ is very good value for money so it's hard to complain too much.

3) They say you don't need to login once every 24 hours? What about beyond that? They also said nothing about advertising, data mining, etc.

Now you're just being pedantic.

So in fact there's a whole bunch of shit they haven't said that they can still do to give it to the consumer sans lube. So yes, until you see EVERYTHING in black and white, the final costs, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't be patting Sony on the back just yet. And the fact that they've snuck a few things in and are still so evasive flashes a big red WARNING!!! sign IMO. Just wait until the other shoe drops. There will be more shit coming down the pipe with this, bank on it.

Edit: Take off the MS hate glasses a second and pay ATTENTION to what they are and are NOT saying specifically. Jesus, read between the lines.

"Read between the lines" is too often analogous with "read into what isn't there."

82. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:37 Beamer

Redmask wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:21:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:14:
Wait, I'm not following this closely, but is Cutter kind of right? I mean, publishers can still enforce DRM on the PS4 to limit used games, according to what I'm reading.

That sounds like spin. No he's not right and publishers can already do whatever they want with DRM on the Xbox 360 and PS3. This just means we see more online games which is the direction the industry was going anyway and at least this way I can play a single player game without Microsoft needing to stick its finger up my ass to take my temperature.

Sonys approach is the logical extension of the current generation where retail is still too important and digital needs to be sorted out better than 'git ur ass online or no games at all'.

Gotcha.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

81. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:30 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:22:
You know, I wouldn't have to repeat myself all the time if you people paid attention. What Sony said was self-applied. Everything they stated was very carefully crafted and constructed. There were no broad and sweeping statements. Certainly nothing that could be held against them legally.

1) They said the same thing as MS as it applies to their games you can trade them without fees, let friends play them, etc. They did NOT say bupkiss about what publishers may or may not do.

They have said already that it is up to the publisher if they want to DRM their game. This is the same situation as what occurs today (a la EA online passes, Ubisoft uPlay, etc). They cannot realistically prevent publishers from having their own little game codes and other nonsense. That said they are NOT instituting system level DRM, they were absolutely clear on it and there is a huge difference between those two concepts in both theory and application.

2) Note they did not state that for multiplayer games you now have to pay for it same as MS Gold. How do you think that would have went over at their press conference. 3) They say you don't need to login once every 24 hours? What about beyond that? They also said nothing about advertising, data mining, etc.

Actually they did, watch it again in Jack Trettons second address and it's since been confirmed anyway so this is a pointless aside. If this is a negative for you that's fine but they didn't hide it from anyone. The privacy policy for PSN is on their website and you don't need to login to play single player games whether its 24, 48 or 4800 hours.

If you think Sony was being evasive I don't know what would actually qualify as clear and it seems to me that you just don't understand the specifics and keep repeating broadstrokes that don't apply. A person doesn't need to love or hate either company to see what is the better approach for them as a consumer and the pricing/etc is just icing on the cake. I'll be happy to change my mind when Microsoft changes its tune.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2013, 14:35.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

80. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:30 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:35:
Sony is still&#65279; being evasive. Everything they stated was about them. They didn't say if publishers would permit trades/resales. So their policy is the same as the Failbox until they specify otherwise. And ok so I don't have to go online once every 24 hours to check in with big brother, what about every 25 hours? What if I never want to connect it to the internet at all? Seems that Sony snuck in that you now need a PS+ subscription for online play. So what else aren't they saying?

I dunno, when you're dealing with international mega corporations like Sony and MS, it's healthy to be skeptical. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, or looking for the fly in the ointment is natural when what you hear is almost too good to be true.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

79. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:29 NegaDeath

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:07:
On a different note, the Nintendo conference isn't getting much attention BTW but its fucking great so far, that new Mario game looks awesome and Xenoblade 2 looks fucking epic.

Yeah they're easy to ignore now but I still love Nintendo stuff. Xenoblade 2 looks incredible. And the new Smash Bros reveal with Megaman as a playable character? Fucking. Finally.

78. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:28 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 14:19:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:21:
A good Final Fantasy game

I see what the problem is.
I didn't say it was a good game, only that a good one would be a big draw for me. But effectively, you are correct. I don't really hold much hope it will turn out to be a good game, unfortunately.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

77. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 14:23 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 13:10:
The guys from Gamespot and Giantbomb said people were going apeshit in the audience and that it felt pretty authentic. I was following it at SA and the thread reply count increased by like 3000 in a minute.

Also it was really nice to see so many hands on stage demos instead of precanned stuff. It didn't always work out well (AC4 crashed part way through for example) but it was a bit reassuring.

Yeah, why stack an audience when the fanboys will do it for you?

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

196 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo