Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Announced

The Microsoft E3 press conference is concluded, announcing the Xbox One is coming this November at a $499.00 USD price point. They announced and showed off several games for the new console. There was also an official unveiling of Titanfall, confirming rumors that this mech combat game will be the debut release from Respawn Entertainment, and saying it will come to Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 in Spring 2014. The Titanfall website is online offering the Official E3 Announce Trailer, and here's the announcement:

Electronic Arts Inc. and independent videogame developer Respawn Entertainment today revealed the world debut of Titanfall(TM), the studio's inaugural title. Crafted by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and other key developers behind the Call of Duty franchise, Titanfall is among the most highly anticipated of E3 2013, having been shrouded in mystery for nearly three years. The visionaries at Respawn have drawn inspiration from their proven experience in first-person action gaming, and are building on that pedigree by taking a new approach to game design and creating an all-new universe with Titanfall. The game is entirely multiplayer, in a new experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the heroic set piece moments traditionally found in campaign mode. Set in a distant frontier torn apart by war, players will have the freedom to switch between fighting as elite assault Pilots or agile, heavily armored, 24-foot tall Titans. To see the announcement trailer for Titanfall, please visit the game's official web site www.titanfall.com.

"It's an exciting time in the industry and it feels like the perfect time to be unveiling Titanfall," said Vince Zampella, a Co-Creator of Call of Duty and Co-Founder of Respawn Entertainment. "Our passion at Respawn is games and we are focused on bringing something exciting to kick off the next generation of software."

The universe of Titanfall juxtaposes small vs. giant, natural vs. industrial and man vs. machine. The game drops players into a conflict between the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) and the Militia as elite Pilots. With the ability to shift back and forth between pilot and Titan, players will have the freedom to change tactics on the fly, attacking or escaping depending on the situation. Titanfall Game Director Steve Fukuda added, "In addition to infusing the multiplayer experience with cinematic flavor, we've been rethinking fundamental combat and movement in the genre. Titanfall is unique in the way that it places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight in a first-person shooter. The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity."

Available spring 2014, Titanfall will be available for Xbox One(R), the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC and Xbox 360(R) games and entertainment system from Microsoft The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external development studio with support from Respawn. For more information on the game, please visit www.titanfall.com. Follow the game on Twitter at www.twitter.com/titanfallgame or Facebook at www.facebook.com/titanfallgame. Press assets are available at http://info.ea.com.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

79. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 23:35 Redmask

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 20:24:
More like $40, though the price of both fell online this morning after the announcement.

Would have been smart to kick it off huge, I agree, but come on, you're essentially looking a gift horse in the mouth by calling two $20 games $10. Even if people probably either played them both or, like me, have zero interest in playing either.

I can get either one used for a tenner or less. This stuff is only until the Xbox One launch too. It's a joke, a gift horse would be something people might actually desire owning instead of whatever the bare minimum they could come up with was. PS+ gives you games you might actually want and even if you don't you get a bunch of discounts and usually a beta or some themes. Nothing is free and Microsoft certainly isn't doing anyone a favor here, fucking Assassin's Creed 2 give me a break this is a multi billion dollar corporation who has been greedily sucking up everyones money for ages, they can't fucking do one decent game? This is the sort of reason why everyone is happy to jump ship to Sony.

PS3 users get SR3 without DLC, currently about $25, and Deus Ex HR, currently about $15.
While I played both of those games and loved them, and played neither of the 360 games and never will, it isn't as if the PSN+ games have been all wonderful.

PS3 users get a stable of excellent games that rotates every month and you can keep them as long as you want. Infamous 2, Joe Danger, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, LittleBigPlanet 2, etc. That's in addition to the discounts and betas they regularly do. Look at this shit, absolutely shames Xbox Live. $1300 of game value there.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2013, 00:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

78. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 20:24 Beamer

Redmask wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 19:37:
A whole $10 of value, thanks Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft can't even do free without being insulting.
More like $40, though the price of both fell online this morning after the announcement.

Would have been smart to kick it off huge, I agree, but come on, you're essentially looking a gift horse in the mouth by calling two $20 games $10. Even if people probably either played them both or, like me, have zero interest in playing either.

PS3 users get SR3 without DLC, currently about $25, and Deus Ex HR, currently about $15.
While I played both of those games and loved them, and played neither of the 360 games and never will, it isn't as if the PSN+ games have been all wonderful.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

77. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 19:37 Redmask

A whole $10 of value, thanks Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft can't even do free without being insulting.  

76. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 17:44 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 17:42:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:09:
dumbo wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:14:
ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:18:
And it seems that the PS4 will have mandatory fees in the form of acessing MP. This will balance the cheap price of the console though no doubt it will drive more people into the PC. If you want to play MP on the PS4 you now have to pay Sony every month.

Still, I have no doubts the PS4 will break the sales records of the PS2.

I am honestly ok with this because unlike Xbox Live Gold, PS+ gives me free (good) games every month. I play so little console stuff online anyway, I do most of my MP gaming on the PC. Plus you don't need PS+ to use Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu like XBL. That was the only real negative of last night and even that they made
pretty palatable.

Gold now gives you those 2 free games. Free forever, apparently. This month it was AssCreed2 and, uh, something else.

Fable 3.

Whoo?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

75. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 17:42 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:09:
Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:14:
And it seems that the PS4 will have mandatory fees in the form of acessing MP. This will balance the cheap price of the console though no doubt it will drive more people into the PC. If you want to play MP on the PS4 you now have to pay Sony every month.

I am honestly ok with this because unlike Xbox Live Gold, PS+ gives me free (good) games every month. I play so little console stuff online anyway, I do most of my MP gaming on the PC. Plus you don't need PS+ to use Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu like XBL. That was the only real negative of last night and even that they made
pretty palatable.

Gold now gives you those 2 free games. Free forever, apparently. This month it was AssCreed2 and, uh, something else.

Fable 3.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

74. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 16:09 Beamer

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:14:

pretty palatable.

-------------

73. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 15:08 Xero

I guess the price is suppose to be MS answer to Windows 8 lack of sales... Gotta recoup after that failure.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

72. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:14 Verno

I am honestly ok with this because unlike Xbox Live Gold, PS+ gives me free (good) games every month. I play so little console stuff online anyway, I do most of my MP gaming on the PC. Plus you don't need PS+ to use Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu like XBL. That was the only real negative of last night and even that they made pretty palatable.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

71. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:08 ASeven

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 08:29:

A master stroke really. Existing Playstation fans are so psyched about having the better console, that migrating to PSN Plus isn't going to be a big deal. A lot of PSN users already have Plus for various reasons. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 players are already used to paying monthly, and won't have to get used to a change on that front.

Sony just outclassed Microsoft in every way this time round. PS4 is better hardware, better software, better business model, and they presented it in a much more palatable way. And MS can't pull enough marketable exclusives out of their ass to dig their way out of this one. They'll definitely be playing second fiddle this generation.

Makes you wonder about the future of MS. Many people have predicted their end for a long time but the facts are, never before in MS history have the conditions for a perfect storm against them been set like they are right now.

Win8 is not selling, to the point PC makers are blaming the OS for declining PC sales. With declining Windows sales comes declining Office sales, and it's the Windows and Office departments that bring the grunt of revenue for MS, not the entertainment department which seems to have a very bleak future now.

MS may survive this but it won't survive unscathed. All I know is this will, in the end, bring more people to the PC and may shake the industry quite badly. And we must hope that Sony doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat in the last hours of marketing and announces that used games are also restricted on the PS4. If that happens it's safe to say the industry will shake and probably crumble.

70. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 08:29 NKD

A master stroke really. Existing Playstation fans are so psyched about having the better console, that migrating to PSN Plus isn't going to be a big deal. A lot of PSN users already have Plus for various reasons. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 players are already used to paying monthly, and won't have to get used to a change on that front.

Sony just outclassed Microsoft in every way this time round. PS4 is better hardware, better software, better business model, and they presented it in a much more palatable way. And MS can't pull enough marketable exclusives out of their ass to dig their way out of this one. They'll definitely be playing second fiddle this generation.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

69. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 07:18 ASeven

68. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 06:45 NKD

Ventura wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 05:46:
Could someone help me. I keep trying to view the Titanfall announce trailer, but for some reason, I keep getting misdirected to what looks like gameplay footage from Battlefield 2142.

I was having the same problem...haven't found a solution yet

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

67. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 05:46 Ventura

Could someone help me. I keep trying to view the Titanfall announce trailer, but for some reason, I keep getting misdirected to what looks like gameplay footage from Battlefield 2142.  

66. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 04:19 Sepharo

Kind of surprised more isn't being made out of this being on the Source engine. I was definitely not expecting that from Respawn Entertainment.  

65. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 03:51 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 01:26:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:44:
If MS doesn't drop their price down to $400, they're screwed.

I don't know if they can do that. If they do, it would have to be, like, a week before launch. "Uh oh, we just noticed our costs are lower, you guys all benefit!"

I think they can hold their own in NA at that price. Barely. But globally? Not only were they going to be doing poorly globally to begin with, but between the price and half the new features being NA specific...

ASeven's DOA is looking more and more likely.

Yeap, at $399 MS is in deep shit. Sony realized that they want to win the people that will buy a single console.

MS has bazookad their own foot.

64. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 01:26 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:44:

I don't know if they can do that. If they do, it would have to be, like, a week before launch. "Uh oh, we just noticed our costs are lower, you guys all benefit!"

I think they can hold their own in NA at that price. Barely. But globally? Not only were they going to be doing poorly globally to begin with, but between the price and half the new features being NA specific...

ASeven's DOA is looking more and more likely.

-------------

63. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 00:14 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:29:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:27:
The rumors are that Sony is trying to keep it to $400 or less. We'll see though.
I doubt it will be that low.

62. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 23:44 Jerykk

61. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 23:30 nin

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 19:50:
Either way it's safe to say MS has already lost the race before it even started.

As much as I'd like this to be true, you clearly have some awesome kool aide and need to be sharing. Cause it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early to be making those kind of predictions.

Now I am drinking the kool aide! And it is indeed delicious!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

60. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 23:15 Beamer

Ok, I'll grant them that the Kinect 2 is likely $100 hardware.

But almost everyone would rather $100 in their pocket than Kinect 2. Especially when, thus far, they've mostly shown its use for either Skype, which ALL of our phones do, or talking to our TV, which no one wants to do.

-------------

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo