Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Codemasters Stake Sold

Reliance Entertainment has purchased a majority stake in Codemasters reports the Telegraph, saying this wholly owned subsidiary of the India-based Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group now owns a hair over 60 percent of the British developer and publisher. Codemasters suffered layoffs early this year amid a global restructuring, and the comment with this report suggests this is related, as word is: "Relianceís move follows discussions over the video games makerís debt after it extended a series of convertible loans." Private equity firm Balderton Capital retains ownership of the remainder of the company. No financial terms are included in the report.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 11, 2013, 08:43 SpectralMeat

I am not a fan of that "bro" talk either.
They've picked that up when they started to associate themselves with Ken Block.
Still think Dirt 1 menu system and races were the best in both Grid and Dirt series.

I don't mind Grid 2 but I was hoping they would be a bit more professional with the whole theme of the game instead of this hip hop culture horse shit they have going since Dirt 2.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 11, 2013, 07:41 gray

NotOneOfUs wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 20:13:
There's something amusing about an Indian company owning a company of Brits.

Reliance and TATA already own half the West.

6. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 20:13 NotOneOfUs

There's something amusing about an Indian company owning a company of Brits.  

5. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 15:30 FuzzyBear

lolz...  

4. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 13:29 Dmitri_M

I can barely play Grid 2 because of the Bro who is always telling me what to do. I long for simple menu --> quickrace --> play. Rather than menu --> yo bro blah blah blah --> pointless title text --> wasup blah blah blah --> quick race blah blah blah --> blah blah blah --> blah --> play.  

3. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 12:23 HoSpanky

I agree with SpectralMeat. Like Bollywood movies, it'd be packed with unintentional hilarity. Altho I think only once. If every single release did it, the joke would be over at the second game.

They'd need to continue with the Rad Dude vernacular to make it properly awesome.

2. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 11:24 SpectralMeat

theglaze wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 11:15:
I can't wait for the annoying "hey dude put it on youtube" voices of Dirt 3 and GRID 2 to be accented with Hindi Bollywood stars....
Actually I think that would be much more entertaining then the current voice actors they use.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 11:15 theglaze

Reliance Entertainment, latest movie productions include such Bollywood classics as Singham and Bodyguard.

I can't wait for the annoying "hey dude put it on youtube" voices of Dirt 3 and GRID 2 to be accented with Hindi Bollywood stars....

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo