Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 16:12 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 01:12:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:43:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:17:
Wait, did someone just say I'm pro DNC and, even weird, pro union?

Or that I haven't criticized Obama pretty much endlessly, for pretty much everything, from drone strikes to the patriot act to general ineffectiveness?

Jesus, no matter how many times you say things some people just lack reading comprehension and any form of IQ.

Cutter's made it apparent he's very pro union, and you've done a lovely job of playing the race card on a regular basis anytime someone is critical of this administration. Just admit it and lets move on shall we?

I've said over and over we're heading towards a totalitarian government, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

I am Conservative and I am pro-union.....of course I think it has it's faults, limits, and isn't for everyone/group. There are areas it makes sense (workers rights, protection from ridiculous lawsuits, etc) but there are also areas where it makes no sense (Minnesota and childcare).

Oh well...another political throw around - can we get rid of the 2 party system yet?

Unions are great when they're not corrupt and essentially not just pure money funneling for the DNC. Unfortunately the majority of them are corrupt.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 13:44 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 01:12:

I am Conservative and I am pro-union.....of course I think it has it's faults, limits, and isn't for everyone/group. There are areas it makes sense (workers rights, protection from ridiculous lawsuits, etc) but there are also areas where it makes no sense (Minnesota and childcare).

Oh well...another political throw around - can we get rid of the 2 party system yet?

Same here. I lean pretty far to the right on many issues (though I do have an open mind) and I am very pro-union. They have their faults and are slow to change but the alternative offered by corporations is horrifying, one only needs to look overseas to see the corporate wetdream for labor.

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

46. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 03:51 eRe4s3r

Only way to get rid of the 2 party system is to change how US elections work from the ground up. But why would the 2 big parties make laws that changes that they are the only ones ever going to get elected?

The US election system has dead-ended itself by design, winner takes all literally mandates a 2 party system.

45. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2013, 01:12 xXBatmanXx

Or that I haven't criticized Obama pretty much endlessly, for pretty much everything, from drone strikes to the patriot act to general ineffectiveness?

Jesus, no matter how many times you say things some people just lack reading comprehension and any form of IQ.

Cutter's made it apparent he's very pro union, and you've done a lovely job of playing the race card on a regular basis anytime someone is critical of this administration. Just admit it and lets move on shall we?

I've said over and over we're heading towards a totalitarian government, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

44. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 23:04 eRe4s3r

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 11:57:
The size and power of what they are doing is something most people can't comprehend. Spying isn't new, but the way they are doing it and the ease of access is historic. This is Deus Ex kinda stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had developed a basic AGI that's spinning the news either... seeing how little air time this got.

All this is doing really is eroding trust in the political system... until the whole thing blows up in a civil war. History gives hundreds examples of this.

43. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 13:20 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:45:

"Playing the race card" is a term used pretty much exclusively by idiots. Shallow, incompetent, frightened idiots insecure in what little they've earned.

I'm done. You're now ignored for, well, ignorance.

That's fine, I was pretty tired of your liberal utopia drivel anyway. Your kind doesn't believe in personal responsibility in the first place, wouldn't shock me one bit if you were for Obama drone striking US Citizens either.

42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 12:45 Beamer

"Playing the race card" is a term used pretty much exclusively by idiots. Shallow, incompetent, frightened idiots insecure in what little they've earned.

I'm done. You're now ignored for, well, ignorance.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

41. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 11:43 RollinThundr

40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 10:17 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 08:55 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 13:51:
Panickd wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 11:41:
Verno wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:47:
I know people will label him a traitor for disclosing classified information but when the NSA is literally lying to Congress, what else can be done?

While I don't think he should be branded a traitor for whistleblowing, the NSA was most assuredly not lying to Congress. In fact Congress just voted to extend the measures of the Patriot Act that specifically allow this type of data collection. This is a case of the folks elected to Congress either not reading the things they're voting on or not being smart enough to understand the implications of what they're voting on. I find it laughable how much outrage poured out of the very people who are on record as having voted for the bill that sparked that outrage. If you're a Congressperson it is your job to read and make sure you understand what you're putting your vote to. Don't understand it? Then ask for clarification or abstain.

Congressional leaders don't read the bills they vote on. They're too busy fundraising. In this regard, Thundr's comment "there's no difference between the two parties at this point" is correct. Both parties spend so much time fundraising that they have no time for actually governing.

As for this:

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:56:
Right yet liberals are generally fine with him extending the patriot act, remember it's alright when a democrat does things that infringe upon rights or carry on the status quo that the left and media decry the right for.

Most liberal blogs I read (for example: Kos, Greenwald, Digby) have gone to town on the President for both the warrantless wiretapping and the drone strikes, even while being mildly pleased with his accomplishments like Obamacare and the stimulus. So, links or GTFO.

I'm talking in general, you'd never see a Cutter or Beamer say one thing negative about the DNC or unions. Why start now?

I know one thing, if Bush hadn't passed a budget in 6 years we'd not hear the end of it on every media outlet, Obama hasn't, not a peep.

And noone should cheer for Obamacare, we're all going to pay more for health insurance because of it. It's a total fail, a total abuse of the commerce clause and one more notch in Obama's belt for shitting on the US Constitution.

The man campaigned twice on Hope and Change and didn't mean one word of it and there are those that treat him like he's a messiah because he speaks alright when his teleprompter is working.

When does blaming Bush get old and holding Obama accountable for essentially being George Bush the 3rd begin?

38. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 22:49 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 22:36:
Most liberal blogs I read (for example: Kos, Greenwald, Digby) have gone to town on the President for both the warrantless wiretapping and the drone strikes, even while being mildly pleased with his accomplishments like Obamacare and the stimulus. So, links or GTFO.

Don't needs link - they voted for him a 2nd time....

They had no choice considering the alternative.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 22:36 xXBatmanXx

Don't needs link - they voted for him a 2nd time....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

36. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 22:29 xXBatmanXx

It's really getting out of hand.

Creston

*DING

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 21:50 Prez

How anybody can read the stuff going on recently in the U.S. government and not feel like their country has become an unrecognizeable shell of its former self is beyond me. Honestly, how anyone can take inventory of what has been going on for the last 10 to 12 years and NOT be so discouraged that they just want to give up on the whole system is really incomprehensible to me. Regardless of which side of the political aisle you are on.

And, I'm not usually one to say "I told you so", but if you thought the Patriot Act was "a necessary evil" or "not a huge deal" back in 2002, what is coming to light now is exactly what those of us who warned of the dangers it could lead to were talking about. In fact, I think we really are only hearing what amounts to the tip of the iceberg. George Orwell is looking more prescient than ever.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 19:04 Fibrocyte

Bard wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 18:52:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:36:
They are collecting information with a court order to do so. Then, when they need to analyze the information, they'll get a more specific court order to do that.

This guy is really pathetic to do what he did. There are PLENTY of things that all of us dislike about the government, but we don't break the law to put the spotlight on those things. If we do, then we deserve to deal with the consequences just like this guy does.

And now he's hiding out in another country? Hah... what a stand up citizen.

You're being told this is done with a court order - but apparently that's just the PR face.

What the NSA documents prove is that they are grabbing EVERYBODY'S data, without a court order.

They are playing word games - saying that unless they search that data it doesn't count.... however...

Look at the other illegal activity Obama has been up to - the IRS scandal and the recent journalist surveillance scandal - stuff that forced Nixon to resign rather than face the law.

Yet, we'll have what the Nazis called 'useful idiots' - who will, in their utter ignorance, support what the Nazis.. err government - says.

No, the court order is a blanket pull of millions of records of US citizens and non-US citizens. Everything that I am reading on this points to their activities being secretive but not illegal - which is sort of what you'd expect from the NSA.

Let the dust settle on this topic and see what the situation is, but my guess it won't matter to you based on your other anti-government ramblings.

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 18:57 Bard

Sorry, wasn't the whole invading Iraq thing about liberating people? You know - Operation Iraqi Freedom?

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 18:52 Bard

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:36:
They are collecting information with a court order to do so. Then, when they need to analyze the information, they'll get a more specific court order to do that.

This guy is really pathetic to do what he did. There are PLENTY of things that all of us dislike about the government, but we don't break the law to put the spotlight on those things. If we do, then we deserve to deal with the consequences just like this guy does.

You're being told this is done with a court order - but apparently that's just the PR face.

What the NSA documents prove is that they are grabbing EVERYBODY'S data, without a court order.

They are playing word games - saying that unless they search that data it doesn't count.... however...

Look at the other illegal activity Obama has been up to - the IRS scandal and the recent journalist surveillance scandal - stuff that forced Nixon to resign rather than face the law.

Yet, we'll have what the Nazis called 'useful idiots' - who will, in their utter ignorance, support what the Nazis.. err government - says.

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 17:36 Fibrocyte

30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 17:21 Bard

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 14:01:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 13:59:
Anyone who still declares themselves a Republican or a Democrat is part of the problem.

I'll agree.

+1

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 17:13 Julio

I'm anticipating some sort of accident befalling this guy soon. Sadly, that's the way it works.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo