Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well E3 2013 is upon us: Last week saw the now-expected rollout of a lot of the media from the show, and attendees will enter the giant pinball machine beginning tomorrow. Today we'll get to experience several publisher presentations, beginning with Microsoft at Noon (EDT) today, followed by Apple, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Sony. This will include lots of presenters in boy-band headsets and, if recent history serves, barely a mention of the PC platform. I'm certainly happy to be wrong about that, and it will be interesting to see if the nascent stages of the new console cycle make that better or worse.

Expo Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Kitt's Kingdom.
Links: Gaming's Distant (And Not So Distant) Relatives. Thanks Slashdot.
The Stunning Movie Props of Stan Winston.
Stories: TSA agents stop Chewbacca actor over light saber.
Science: Comets Spurred Life On Earth By Helping Create Key Molecules, New Research Suggests.
Images: Finally, we know who he was talking to in all those ads. Thanks reddit.
Media: Craziest Red Wedding reaction video.
Dog With Impressive Acting Skills.
Finishing Move.
The Funnies: xkcd: Dwarf Fortress.

View
139 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

139. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 22:27 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 02:07:
SlimRam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 01:17:
I'm definitely feeling the urge for the PS4 but damn my broke ass...oh well there are always monetary alternatives...

*Hangs my head low after posting this, putting my phone on the stage floor and slowly walking out to the screaming elderly women that have shown up tonight at 'Billy Bob's Beef Emporium and Bump House' for the amateur male stripper contest....In the immortal words of 'Al' from 'Happy Days', I mutter "Ayeeah yeeah yeeah"*

Dude, you are strange... And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Agreed, the doctors are still adjusting my medication

The last time I went to a funeral, I looked over at the widow then look down at her husband's body and said, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that suit."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

138. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 15:45 nin

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:42:
Hmmmm.... A bit of news on the PS4's DRM side.

Basically the same as the PS3.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

137. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 15:42 ASeven

Hmmmm.... A bit of news on the PS4's DRM side.

136. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 10:44 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 02:10:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 02:05:
These work?

Haha, #4 is gold. GOLD I tell you!

You know, that Lebron block isn't that big of a deal....sports people have such short memories. Anyone that is over 30 remembers very vividly Ewing's blocks week after week, Robinson's, any game between any of the teams of Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, Pistons!, and Celtics were just block, dunk, and foul fest.

Lebron.....pffffft.

/a 2 second youtube look shows over 100 blocks that best Lebron's dunk. The number 1 item is the Top 10 of the year already and most are better.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

135. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 10:37 xXBatmanXx

Julio wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 08:47:
El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:39:
Except for hardcore XBox fanatics, everybody has to admit that this means big trouble for Microsoft. Expect a price drop very soon!

Microsoft should stay the course, I'm happy to see them take a beating again. Big victory for the anti-DRM/anti-big brother crowd.

It isn't as awe inspiring as people think. Still obviously will be online 99% of the time with a ps4, cause, well, it is connected. If not, then no online play obviously. Also it isn't DRM-free, and they haven't really spoken a ton about it and have side stepped the details a bit.

Now, MSFT? They won't drop the price, they are too pig headed to do that. They will suffer a bit, but there are so many Madden/Woods/CoD people that don't care if it is PS4 or xbox, but they will get xbox cause that is what all of their dude bros have.

So no, it won't hurt them much.

I have a ps3 and xbox 360, I also have damn near every main stream console that was released. Both ps3 and xbox 360 died, but xbox replaced mine free of charge, and ps3 said pound sand.

Major wait and see for both consoles, as the exclusive games just aren't worth it at this point. Now, if they come out and says GTA is exclusive (which it isn't) then I would have to take some time to think about it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

134. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 08:47 Julio

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:39:
Except for hardcore XBox fanatics, everybody has to admit that this means big trouble for Microsoft. Expect a price drop very soon!

Microsoft should stay the course, I'm happy to see them take a beating again. Big victory for the anti-DRM/anti-big brother crowd.

133. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 08:04 El Pit

XBox One, now with great new features: free Prism 2.0 implementation! President Obama supports the XBox One: Yes, we scan!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

132. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 07:39 El Pit

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:33:
Guess who's the #1 console this morning?

Also, apparently region free.

And hard drive upgradeable.

The hits keep coming...

Despite not being interested in consoles, I have to admit that Sony stole the show with this price. Except for hardcore XBox fanatics, everybody has to admit that this means big trouble for Microsoft. Expect a price drop very soon!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

130. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 07:20 Redmask

Hahah www.xboxdone.com is perfect.

I don't know which one of you did this but it's great.

129. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 06:17 Julio

Great job by Sony, Microsoft can bury all their unsold Xflops in the desert next to those ET cartridges. I'll be going PS4, and buying two or three of them at once.  

128. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 02:10 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 02:05:
These work?

Haha, #4 is gold. GOLD I tell you!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

127. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 02:07 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 01:17:
I'm definitely feeling the urge for the PS4 but damn my broke ass...oh well there are always monetary alternatives...

*Hangs my head low after posting this, putting my phone on the stage floor and slowly walking out to the screaming elderly women that have shown up tonight at 'Billy Bob's Beef Emporium and Bump House' for the amateur male stripper contest....In the immortal words of 'Al' from 'Happy Days', I mutter "Ayeeah yeeah yeeah"*

Dude, you are strange... And I wouldn't have it any other way.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

126. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 02:05 NegaDeath

These work?

125. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:16:
I had a shitty day, but MS getting their ass handed to them makes me smile tonight...

What's up nin? RL getting you down? Have you tried video games? They're a great way to escape...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

124. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 01:57 Prez

There are some funny, funny gifs being pumped out right now.

Links please!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

123. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 01:55 NegaDeath

This reminds me of when Sony stole the thunder from the Sega Saturn when they announced their lower price for the PS2 at E3. Even that doesn't compare to just how thoroughly they took them apart today. There are some funny, funny gifs being pumped out right now.  

122. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 01:50 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 01:43:
Jesus, I almost feel bad for Microsoft after the bruising Sony gave them. Almost.

I cannot recall, in recent memory, a more thorough beating at E3...

Never would have guessed they'd go $399...I suspect MS expected Sony to go $599, or worst case, $499, and they'd be on even footing.

But $399 pulled the rug out from under them! And the whole "used sales allowed/no connection required/no phone home every 24 hours" was just beautiful to watch unfold...

I would just LOVE to see Balmer's rage tonight...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

121. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 01:43 jacobvandy

Gaikai streaming of PS3 titles was part of the conference.  

120. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 01:43 NegaDeath

Jesus, I almost feel bad for Microsoft after the bruising Sony gave them. Almost. Seriously though someone call an ambulance as there's been a murder.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2013, 01:50.

139 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo