Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar

Eidos Montreal microblogs the news they've been teasing about Deus Ex: The Fall, which, much to the disappointment of PC gamers, will be a mobile first-person shooter for phones and tablets. MCV has details about this game we suddenly don't care about, and an explanation from Square Enix of why they toy with us like this.

View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

59. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 11:35 Verno

I don't really care to be honest, I'm happy they take their time with it and I waited eons for a decent follow up anyway. I just don't like them being coy with shit to get people interested under false pretenses, that pisses me off.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 09:05 NKD

gray wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 08:53:
Talk about the boy who cried wolf. By the time they get around to announcing the real game we will be so drained by their PR no one will care.

Or, perhaps people will be expecting another bullshit distraction instead of a real game, that we'll all be shocked when they finally do announce something.

Who knows? All I do know is that I'm royally pissed at Eidos Montreal for leaving the fans hanging for so long without so much as a word about a real successor to DXHR. I'm not saying it needs to be the next Madden with annual releases, or that they need to do Final Fantasy style where the game is announced 6 years before it comes out.

But throw us a bone. They either enjoy making their fanbase unhappy, or they are just blind to how people feel. Either scenario is really bad news, because they should want positive responses on their social media sites, not to be incinerated by flames. And they should want to stay connected with their fans in order to be able to do that.

Clearly there is a disconnect somewhere.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

57. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 08:53 gray

Talk about the boy who cried wolf. By the time they get around to announcing the real game we will be so drained by their PR no one will care.  

56. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 08:21 eRe4s3r

I find it pretty funny that just a few days before this news came out I read in some forum a comment that we are getting trolled by Square Enix and that was the vibe I was getting as well. If you had something truly impressive to show you would not just show a 5 second logo tease (unless the game is still years away) a few days before E3 and not even show the platform logo's (now THAT is what was really odd, usually this is known well in advance of a game announce)

They ran a mature PR campaign for a major market (Consoles/PC) for a ... mobile game. I am actually a bit surprised at this. Especially it being Apple only which makes this huge hype building tease campaign all the more befuddling...

But then, it is Square "we gonna sell 60 million copies of Tomb Raider" Enix

55. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 04:00 InBlack

Hehehe this is pretty funny shit.  

I have a nifty blue line!

54. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 01:48 Fantaz

walrus1 wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 19:19:
Actually it gets worse it's only been confirmed for the iPhone and iPad.

no Android, no money from me... and if reviews are crap then an Android port definitely does not need to be made.

53. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 6, 2013, 00:32 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 22:03:

People have ransacked their bookface page today, as well

Good. Fuck Square Enix. They've burned up every last shred of goodwill they had.

Creston

52. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 22:03 nin

Prez wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 21:45:
Wow - there seems to be lot's of Bluesnews lurkers coming out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure. The more the merrier!

People have ransacked their bookface page today, as well...I just don't understand how they wouldn't think this would cause a backlash. Any why announce it now? Way not wait until E3?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

51. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 21:45 Prez

Wow - there seems to be lot's of Bluesnews lurkers coming out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure. The more the merrier!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

50. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 20:30 fujiJuice

Don't worry, they will miss their sales projection of 59 trillion copies sold and be forced to go back to PC.  

49. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 20:10 SlimRam

GODDAMMIT! What tha....this?!THIS IS WHAT THEY WERE TEASING US WITH?!?! What the FUCK?!?!?!

I'm SO PISSED I THINK I JUST RAGE-SHIT MYSELF!!! Bomb

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

48. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 19:49 NKD

Just spitballing here: Why couldn't they just do a Deus Ex RPG or something if they wanted to do a mobile game? Something that would actually have the potential to be interesting, and could be played non-annoyingly on mobile platforms?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

47. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 19:45 JAGUART

This reminds me of that absurd technology in the movie Brazil (1985) where they had a PC "Console" with a tiny screen, with a giant magnifying glass in front of it.  
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

46. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 19:19 walrus1

Actually it gets worse it's only been confirmed for the iPhone and iPad.  

45. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 18:02 1badmf

believe it or not, this doesn't bother me one bit. i've been looking for a good actual game to play on my phone, not the SNES quality bitesized games that are out there. and they'll make a proper sequel to DXHR, so i'm not worried about that. i'll probably be getting this as well.  

44. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 18:01 Flak

'The Fall: Of Deus Ex Franchise'

Obviously over-dramatic, but no-less frustrating.

43. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 18:00 Jackplug

Ohwell another ip dies!  

42. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 17:21 nin

Acleacius wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 17:14:
:fatalist snarky comment here:

Eh, after today, you're totally entitled to it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

41. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 17:14 Acleacius

:fatalist snarky comment here:  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

40. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 16:32 Bopper

Wow. What balls.  
- Boppa

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo