Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended

A Kickstarter Update for Shadow of the Eternals has word from Precursor Games that they are closing the crowdfunding campaigns on Kickstarter and their website for this proposed "spiritual successor" to Eternal Darkness from Denis Dyack and other veterans of Silicon Knights. The update explains their fundraising efforts "have seen more support from our community than we had ever hoped for," even though their Kickstarter has raised under 10% of its goal. They say this unprecedented level of lukewarm support has presented them with "a host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned," and they plan on relaunching their Kickstarter "in just a few short weeks with a reveal of these exciting new developments." Thanks Joao.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 5, 2013, 15:21 JohnnyRotten

NKD wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 09:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 01:03:
Blues is getting more cynical lately ;p Like it!

Blues hit the cynicism level cap 5 or 6 years ago.

Expansion pack!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 5, 2013, 09:44 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 01:03:

Blues hit the cynicism level cap 5 or 6 years ago.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 5, 2013, 04:31 Cram

I think, for the first time ever, the entirety of Bluesnews called it that their personal webpage crowdfunding, and then subsequent kickstarter, would fail.

I really want this kind of game to happen, but not with the people currently involved and not at the risk that kickstarting presents. Especially not with their website shit where no one is held accountable for anything at any point.

6. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 5, 2013, 01:03 eRe4s3r

5. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 22:30 Frijoles

Would have loved to kickstart this, but it seemed too shady. Kinda sucks. I really enjoyed Eternal Darkness.  

4. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 21:01 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 20:40:
Btw ignition deck and KS, they were trying to raise $3m. They raised less than 300K. I think that pretty much says it all.

So there relaunched KS will be for a game that's less than 300k, right? Lol!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 20:48 Redmask

I am not interested in anything involving Denis Dyack and I don't trust them to relaunch this without some gimmick like just hiding his involvement.  

2. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 20:40 jdreyer

Btw ignition deck and KS, they were trying to raise $3m. They raised less than 300K. I think that pretty much says it all.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 20:11 nin

The $1 I pledged, to tell them to dump Denis, was totally worth it based on the responses I got.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo