Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week

EA announces Crysis 3: The Lost Island, a new DLC pack coming to Crysis 3 that will add two new multiplayer modes to Crytek's first-person shooter sequel when it is released on June 4th for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The DLC also uses a new tropical island locale, a far cry from the dystopian New York setting of the main game. Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

Grab your passports and get ready to suit up again outside of the New York City Liberty Dome, as EA™ and Crytek send the hunt for Rebel forces to the West Pacific in Crysis®3: The Lost Island multiplayer DLC pack. Showcasing four new breath-taking maps two additional multiplayer modes, Frenzy and Possession, and deadly new weapons, Crysis 3: The Lost Island will be available starting June 4th for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system for 1200 Microsoft points, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for $14.99.

“The gameplay in the Crysis series has always been deeply connected to the unique environments in which the action takes place,” stated Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “By transporting players out of the Liberty Dome and into the Lost Island setting, we’re not only returning to Crysis’ spiritual roots, but also introducing fresh ways to play that provide Crysis 3 fans with genuinely game-changing new tactical options, game modes and weapons.”

In Crysis 3: The Lost Island, traces of a mysterious alien presence have been discovered on a small island in the Philippines 200 miles from Ling Shan. Rebel forces have been dispatched to destroy this unknown extraterrestrial entity before an elite CELL team has the chance to obtain it… by any means necessary.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 31, 2013, 09:38 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on May 31, 2013, 05:04:
DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:47:
or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.
Indeed. This DLC looks great, but I have exactly zero interest in Crysis 3 MP, so it's entirely wasted on me.

Crysis 3 MP is a COD clone. Why would you play a COD clone when you can play COD. (why would you play COD is another question...). Maybe they added new modes?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 31, 2013, 05:04 ViRGE

or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.
Indeed. This DLC looks great, but I have exactly zero interest in Crysis 3 MP, so it's entirely wasted on me.

15. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 31, 2013, 04:03 InBlack

nin wrote on May 30, 2013, 13:50:
Just stumbled out of bed...on first read, I thought this was Far CRY 3, and was like "Blood Dragon or GTFO!"

Then I saw it was Crysis and instantly thought "No, really, Blood Dragon or GTFO!".

Same here, I really hope Blood Dragon gets a sequel and a proper one at that. Not just as a glorified standaloneMOD for Far Cry 3. Blood Dragon is the most fun Ive had with a shooter since.....shit I cant remember. They should make the sequel a parody of Aliens oh wait there is one out already A:CM.... Jester

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 19:07 nin

I tend to avoid any game with activation limits, out of principle. Something both Crysis and Warhead have on steam.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 18:55 Linksil

I didn't even think they have limited installs... if they do I haven't hit it, reinstalling the game 6+ times with upgrades and comp switches.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

12. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 17:14 nin

Frijoles wrote on May 30, 2013, 17:12:
A Blood Dragon approach would have bought many more on board

Getting rid of Origin would bring some on board also. At least one anyway. Although since it sounds like SP was fairly short, I'm not sure I'd buy it at this point unless it was on a good sale.

I'd also have bought Crysis by now on steam, if not for the limited installs...

11. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 17:12 Frijoles

A Blood Dragon approach would have bought many more on board

Getting rid of Origin would bring some on board also. At least one anyway. Although since it sounds like SP was fairly short, I'm not sure I'd buy it at this point unless it was on a good sale.

10. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 15:04 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on May 30, 2013, 13:33:
Farcry 1 multiplayer is probably my favorite of all time. People said that it sucked because it was different from COD and people didn't want to learn it and have to suck again. That's the only possible reason because it was tight as hell.
The failure of FC1 MP was not its gameplay, but its utter lack of support. Crytek blamed it on Ubisoft, but they showed that they are not able or not willing to make a decent MP for their games.

9. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 14:47 DangerDog

It must suck developing for a dead game. A Blood Dragon approach would have bought many more on board, thin slice of single player along with some multiplayer action - or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.  

8. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 13:50 nin

Just stumbled out of bed...on first read, I thought this was Far CRY 3, and was like "Blood Dragon or GTFO!"

Then I saw it was Crysis and instantly thought "No, really, Blood Dragon or GTFO!".

This comment was edited on May 30, 2013, 13:59.

7. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 13:33 ItBurn

Kajetan wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:56:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:46:
I tried out the multiplayer and there was about 6 games that actually had people in them and none of them were full.
Crytek burned people good with the MP in Far Cry. Since then its always the same ... no one plays, no one cares. At least on the PC.

Farcry 1 multiplayer is probably my favorite of all time. People said that it sucked because it was different from COD and people didn't want to learn it and have to suck again. That's the only possible reason because it was tight as hell.

6. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 12:05 Linksil

The way it's worded about the island sounds perfect for a SP jaunt... oh wait we can't make SP stuff for DLC. Oh yea and how is going to an island returning to the spiritual roots? Didn't the FIRST game take place on an island?  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

5. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 11:24 eRe4s3r

Same with Farcry 3 under Ubisoft, so it's not all crytek, and a damn shame with that. The MP of FC3 is actually pretty good, but no dedicated servers, crappy match-making, terrible pings everywhere and you got a proper disaster.

Man I enjoyed Farcry 3 MP when it worked... but nowadays nobody plays it anymore.. sucks

4. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 11:02 MDB

I see what you did there...  

3. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 09:56 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:46:
I tried out the multiplayer and there was about 6 games that actually had people in them and none of them were full.
Crytek burned people good with the MP in Far Cry. Since then its always the same ... no one plays, no one cares. At least on the PC.

2. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 09:46 Parallax Abstraction

I got this for cheap on PC and beat the single player after two sitting last week. I tried out the multiplayer and there was about 6 games that actually had people in them and none of them were full.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 09:35 xXBatmanXx

Is this the patch that makes Origin obsolete?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo