Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming

The Steam Forums have complaints from owners of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger because the just-released shooter sequel does not allow them to tweak the game's field of view (thanks DSOGaming). Word from the team is a fix is on the way:

Guys, please don't disclose password and save this game from cheaters. We won't be able to keep leaderboards tidy when just anybody is able to unlock the game. Our patch allowing tidy tweak of the FOV is right on the way!"

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 22:08 fujiJuice

As I get older I find I really can't play anything with a low FOV for any extended period of time without becoming nauseous and getting a pounding headache for hours afterwards.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 21:27 Krovven

PHJF wrote on May 26, 2013, 09:22:
I'm not too concerned about FOV (in a singleplayer game), but this shit here is a huge no no.

Call of Juarez isn't fucking Avatar.

Fog doesn't exist in the real world? I'm not sure what you think is the problem with that screenshot.

18. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 17:22 Shataan

Wtf is there no horseback riding? aaaah  

17. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 17:18 Mad Max RW

I'm not too concerned about FOV (in a singleplayer game), but this shit here is a huge no no.

Wait... huh? Have you never seen Yellowstone?

16. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 14:53 netnerd85

It's called artisitc style.

And it works very well. Great game.

15. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 12:00 Quinn

"I don't experience the problem, so what's the problem?"

I don't get it why people even waste time posting stuff like that, while they know there are people who get physical pains from limited FOV.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

14. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 09:22 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 07:14 Prez

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2013, 03:31:
I've never understand why people need to tweak the FOV so badly. I've never had a problem with the default for any game.

Normally I am fine with the default, but if the default is set too low, it's a problem for me. Around 70 or less I get a seasick feeling - not fun.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 06:33 Sepharo

"How can I steer this discussion of FOV into a way for me to unsubtly bash Muslims?"

Paperbag Quinn finds a way!

11. removed May 26, 2013, 06:09 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 26, 2013, 08:07.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 05:49 Julio

FOV helps those who feel like they get motion sick, so that's one reason it's critical for some gamers.  

9. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 04:36 Quinn

Have the two latest posters played CoJ Gunslinger? Trust me, this game needs a FOV slider.

I never find it a big deal either. But fuck me... this time it's bad.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 03:58 Parias

Same here, this has never caused me any problems. Although I do hear this can have implications for some cases of motion sickness, so I guess I can understand how that would be a concern...  

7. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 03:31 Cutter

I've never understand why people need to tweak the FOV so badly. I've never had a problem with the default for any game.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 02:05 NamecaF

God, how can any studio these days release a PC first person shooter and NOT include the ability to change the FOV? This should be a standard option included out of the box on day one along with volume level and graphics detail settings!  

5. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 02:03 xXBatmanXx

netnerd85 wrote on May 25, 2013, 22:42:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 25, 2013, 21:54:
It is 2013 - any organization that doesn't have FOV slider or command line change out of the box should not be supported. (among many other reasons)
You must not play a lot of games since forever then

I have cut back substantially.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 25, 2013, 22:42 netnerd85

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 25, 2013, 21:54:
It is 2013 - any organization that doesn't have FOV slider or command line change out of the box should not be supported. (among many other reasons)
You must not play a lot of games since forever then

3. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 25, 2013, 21:54 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 25, 2013, 19:53 Blatz

netnerd85 wrote on May 25, 2013, 17:03:
Isn't there already a file tweak for it?

Yes... and that is what all that password jazz is about (I WAS wondering). You need a password to unlock (un-Rar) a game data file which will allow you to edit such things.

1. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 25, 2013, 17:03 netnerd85

Isn't there already a file tweak for it?  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo