Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 26, 2013, 08:30 Dmitri_M

PC gaming isn't being abandoned. "Hardcore" gaming is being abandoned. We still get the same shitty console games ported. Shitty game is a shitty game regardless the platform. Gaming generally is being abandoned.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 26, 2013, 07:31 Kristian Joensen

Alamar wrote on May 25, 2013, 23:37:
I suppose this explains the time and quality of their titles if he thinks the PS4 beats all top end PCs...

As for the 8-10 times, I can see that... Current consoles came out like 300 years ago : )

-Alamar

Ehm... he is NOT saying that. He is saying that the EA guy who DID say that is spewing BS.

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 26, 2013, 00:43 Kawlisse

Prez wrote on May 25, 2013, 19:47:
I still don't knw why they are making comparisons between PC's and consoles at all. Are they trying to convince people to abandon the PC? Convential wisdom for the last couple of years states that they already have been.

Yeah, that's what they want us to do, because you know Piracy only exist on the PC ! /sarcasm off

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 26, 2013, 00:38 HorrorScope

"These architectures are a generation ahead "

Architectures perhaps are a generation ahead, raw power is not. Meaning same procs on a pc and the consoles are better due to arch. But yeah real world is rubber on the road.

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 23:37 Alamar

I suppose this explains the time and quality of their titles if he thinks the PS4 beats all top end PCs...

As for the 8-10 times, I can see that... Current consoles came out like 300 years ago : )

-Alamar

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 22:02 Rattlehead

I hope those classic Capcom games come to Steam in one form or another, with achievements would be even more awesome  

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 20:37 wtf_man

Well... this is one of the few times that I agree with him.

However, Mark Rein has said some ridiculous things about the new consoles too.

like for the PS4:
"It's like giving you the world's best PC"

Uh... Yeah. LOL

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 20:24 Acleacius

The epic drop, in Epic's PC game sales is worth turning around?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 19:47 Prez

I still don't knw why they are making comparisons between PC's and consoles at all. Are they trying to convince people to abandon the PC? Convential wisdom for the last couple of years states that they already have been.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 19:05 Creston

You know the bullshit is reaching mountainous levels if Mark Rein, of all people, has to say something nice about the PC.

Creston

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 18:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I guess their plan is to just toss out a bunch of bullshit numbers and claims to get the console morons drooling over it, knowing that they'll be lined up around the block at release with cash in hand. Most console players probably have no idea what a PC can do anyway. They've just played Bejeweled on their laptop.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 17:21 Cutter

And why would he care anyway? He's not a real gamer.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 17:11 netnerd85

nin wrote on May 25, 2013, 16:54:
Mark Rein calls BS on next-gen console superiority claims.

Did his check from microsoft bounce or something?

Did you read the article in question, here's a snippet:
These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market and their unique design of the hardware, the underlying operating system and the live service layer create one of the most compelling platforms to reimagine game mechanics. Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen.
As you can see, complete B.S.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 16:54 nin

Mark Rein calls BS on next-gen console superiority claims.

Did his check from microsoft bounce or something?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo