Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Defiance Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway for Defiance, Trion's TV tie-in MMORPG. Word is: "Join a futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology." The game is free-to-play between now and Sunday afternoon, and is on sale during that period for 30% off the regular price.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 26, 2013, 02:09 xXBatmanXx

Won;'t let me play "Login successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion Worlds Support".

Deleted.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 06:41 Esoteric

If you're in the mood for co-op, run and gun, interesting loot/modifications, check out Warframe. I gave up on it after 10 minutes before, but after giving it more time, it's pretty damn fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's free. I suggest Excalibur for your first Warframe.

5. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 02:03 jacobvandy

Yeah, it's buy-to-play, like Guild Wars 2. If you want a F2P MMOFPS, though, FireFall continues to shape up quite nicely. As you may or may not know, they've been taking their sweet time to experiment with different gameplay and progression mechanics over the past couple years, but recently their publisher put their foot down and set an open beta date for July 9th, which means they're moving forward with tweaks, refinement and content updates more so than overhauls from now on.  

4. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 01:20 Narf2029

I think the free part you're thinking of is how it does not have a subscription fee.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

3. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 00:57 robdot

Isnt this already free to play?  

2. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 00:41 WyldKat

Having been in the alpha/beta of this game and having recently purchased (finally) Borderlands 2 and all of its content... there's no way in hell I'd ever pay cash money for Defiance, even if I am enjoying the show. Some of the game is fun, but after playing the two, BL2 is just so much MORE fun. The variety of weapons, the crazy stuff they can do, how enemies react when you shoot them, etc. That's not even going into the comedy of BL2 versus fairly bog standard and boring story presented in Defiance.

I also feel like they missed the mark not placing the game where the action is taking place in the story. You would have more opportunity to interact with the main characters but the most important thing is that they could have expanded upon the underground St. Louis thing more and made it a massive sprawling post-apoc underground city dungeon... that could have been amazing.

Sure... Defiance has Rifts but if I want those types of dynamic events I can go play... Rift... or even Guild Wars 2.

The more I get into the show and the more I play Borderlands 2, the more I see massive wasted potential in Defiance the Game.

1. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 24, 2013, 22:25 Tanto Edge

They could make it free to play, I wouldn't play it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo