Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Destiny Talk

IGN has a follow-up on the possibility that Bungie's Destiny is coming to the PC platform, though the indications are basically unchanged since the last time this question came up (for something new, here's a new Destiny trailer directed by Jon Favreau). In February Bungie stated "we would absolutely love to be on the PC," when asked about brining their first non-Halo game in years to other platforms, which was shortly followed by the discovery that the PC was at one point to be listed as one of the first-person shooter's targets. Stop the presses, nothing's changed in three months:

ďWe havenít said yes, and we havenít said no,Ē Bungie senior writer and head of community Eric Osborne told IGN. ďThe more platforms we take on, the more work it ultimately becomes, and what we donít want is to compromise the core experience on any platforms. We have a lot of people who play on PCs. We have a lot of appetite to build that experience. We havenít announced it yet, but weíre looking forward to talking more about that kind of stuff in the future.Ē

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:25 ItBurn

Acleacius wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:24:
...what we donít want is to compromise the core experience...
Too late, if it's made for the console, it's compromised.

lol, truth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:24 Acleacius

...what we donít want is to compromise the core experience...
Too late, if it's made for the console, it's compromised.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:14 Gadzooks

With the new PS4 and Xbox coming out, we are once again in the era where game devs can completely ignore PC gamers for about 2-3 years, until once again, PC hardware totally outshines console hardware.

For now, there really isnt a reason to put this on PC. The number of copies they would sell on PC just wouldnt justify the costs to port it well, and a bad port would be a stain on their companies portfolio. Better to just focus on maximizing console sales at the expense of the minority.

Remember when games werent so much about zero sum?
(you are our only hope, indie games)

9. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:11 Straylight

Agreed,

Which is tragic considering how long Ive been a fan of Bungie (Pathways into Darkness, MYTH, ONI, Marathon). I also cant play FPS on a controller, and why should I when I have a mouse?

I'm really interested in this franchise but Ill be damned if I'm going to buy a new super-invasive-console to play it. I think the good news is that Bungie can really do their own thing now, they aren't bound to one platform or another.

8. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 12:51 Cutter

They'd love to, but they really don't give a shit. So in other words, no they don't care.  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 12:40 Agent.X7

Wasn't a big fan of Halo. Can't play FPS on consoles. (Except Killzone because the gun control was actually fun, but the game was so generic I couldn't tell you one damn thing about it) I so don't care about the massively over-hyped Destiny right now, PC port or no.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 12:20 Leper

I just wish they'd quit dicking around and put it on PC so I don't have to decide if I want a PS4 at launch to play Destiny. If they put it on PC I could easily push back my decision on buying a PS4 till they release something like Uncharted 4 that I absolutely have to play and is an actual exclusive.

MS/Sony won't let developers commit to PC right away so that people will be more likely to buy a next-gen console and spend ~8 times as much as they would on a game alone. Not that a gaming PC is cheap, but none of that hardware money goes to the console companies.

5. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:28 ItBurn

I'm in the Halo sucks category. Generic space marine fighting generic space aliens with generic shooter gameplay. I do like the look of the ring though, but that's not a lot to hold on to... I'm somewhat interested in their game and would probably play it on PC. F consoles though.  

4. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:20 Linksil

I love all the bungie games, but not having a PC port moves it from a day 1 purchase to sometime when the games less then $20.(Just like the all the halo games) Just can't do FPS on console controller, I'll struggle through it for the single player... but multi no way too slow and clunky for me after years of PC FPS.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

3. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:01 Creston

So it's a non-news follow-up to what was already non-news to begin with.

IGN: Defining Gaming Journalism!

Creston

2. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

I just wish they'd quit dicking around and put it on PC so I don't have to decide if I want a PS4 at launch to play Destiny. If they put it on PC I could easily push back my decision on buying a PS4 till they release something like Uncharted 4 that I absolutely have to play and is an actual exclusive.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

1. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 09:28 InBlack

I happen to like Halo (at least the first one). I will be looking forward to this IF they decide to ship it to the PC. From what can be gleaned here Im thinking they are waiting for MS or Sony to approach them and give them truckloads of cash to make it a platform exclusive. So here's hoping that doesnt happen.  

I have a nifty blue line!

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo