Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 20:51 Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 16:33 Eirikrautha

Creston wrote on May 24, 2013, 11:14:
Verno wrote on May 24, 2013, 09:27:
Shortestest version: iPhones are a pain in the ass to repair. God I fucking hate taking them apart.

Your "shortestest" version is not shorter than InBlack's "shortest" version. It is in fact 1600% longer. Therefore the court must reluctantly deny your request to name your short-yet-not-the-shortest reply as "shortestest." May we recommend using the monniker "somewhat short?"

Kind regards,

Judge Creston

The shortesterer version: "Naming request denied!"

10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 14:16 Creston

9. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 12:37 Verno

I have been owned, well played sir  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

8. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Verno wrote on May 24, 2013, 09:27:
Shortestest version: iPhones are a pain in the ass to repair. God I fucking hate taking them apart.

Your "shortestest" version is not shorter than InBlack's "shortest" version. It is in fact 1600% longer. Therefore the court must reluctantly deny your request to name your short-yet-not-the-shortest reply as "shortestest." May we recommend using the monniker "somewhat short?"

Kind regards,

Judge Creston

7. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 11:12 Techie714

InBlack wrote on May 24, 2013, 09:25:
Short Version: Apple controls the Iphone parts market and wants you to buy phone insurance for 99$

Really short version: Do you think that 100Billion$ just appeared out of thin air in Ireland?

Shortest version: Greed.

You win!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 10:44 InBlack

Its not that simple, for example the article specifically mentions that the Iphone5 is much simpler to repair than the Iphone4 and yet its repair costs are significantly higher.  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 10:29 Alamar

I bought a Nexus 7 when they first launched, so I paid about $250 for the 16GB model...

(Far too) shortly thereafter, it fell from about waist height and cracked the screen almost from corner to corner. Half the screen still worked, so I could flip it upside down back and forth to get at all the content, but obviously, that's a pain...

Repair costs I looked in to were about $170, and the device had come down to $200 shortly after that anyways, so repairing was (nearly) pointless.

The reason for the high cost, btw, is because you can't just replace the screen, which is just glass; you need to replace the electronic component that is glued to it.

-Alamar

4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 10:13 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 24, 2013, 09:49:
If Microsoft was doing something like this (artificially constraining supply to manipulate prices), they'd already be in court over it. Between this and the amount of articles defending Apple's tax avoidance strategies under the excuse "Well Microsoft does it too!", it's clear the incredible double standard for Apple in the press is alive and well.

Not only is it alive and well in the press, but in legislative governemnt and in the judiciary (recent ruling against Samsung). Looks like Apple has all its holes covered. Hmmm I wonder if that has anything to do with its limitless supply of cash?

3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 09:49 Parallax Abstraction

If Microsoft was doing something like this (artificially constraining supply to manipulate prices), they'd already be in court over it. Between this and the amount of articles defending Apple's tax avoidance strategies under the excuse "Well Microsoft does it too!", it's clear the incredible double standard for Apple in the press is alive and well.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 09:27 Verno

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2013, 09:25 InBlack

Short Version: Apple controls the Iphone parts market and wants you to buy phone insurance for 99$

Really short version: Do you think that 100Billion$ just appeared out of thin air in Ireland?

Shortest version: Greed.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo