Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This is Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S., which serves as a way of commemorating the sacrifices of service men and women, as well as the unofficial start of summer. We've had summery weather all week around here, so the timing of this doesn't seem far off, though it being so hot in May does suggest this may be an especially sizzling summer.

Sizzling Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Assembots.
Rocket Launchers.
Stories: Hamburgers for life reward to man who helped Ohio kidnap victims.
Canadian drug policy experts recommend decriminalizing all drugs.
Actress Amanda Bynes arrested after allegedly tossing bong out window.
Science: ‘Extremely active’ 2013 hurricane season expected. Super.
The Girl Who Turned to Bone. Thanks nin.
Human Intelligence Has Declined Since Victorian Era, Research Suggests.
Media: Balls of Steel - The Ultimate Nutshot. And The Nutshot Breakdown.
Trampoline Fails Compilation.
Van Halen - Eruption Guitar Cover. Thanks Capella.
Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview.
Follow-Up: Westeros (Game of Thrones) built in Minecraft.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Misc. May 25, 2013, 21:55 xXBatmanXx

eRe4s3r wrote on May 24, 2013, 20:00:
Maybe the real problem is the IQ test and how it measures the existing intelligence less and less accurate, and not the people that are being measured.... just a thought.

If the test was about manipulating the system to get free Gubmint support, they would all score very high.... I don't know of many people that have free rent, free food, and seem to be doing pretty well without a job and 7 kids....but I tend to see them at work all t he time....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Misc. May 24, 2013, 20:00 eRe4s3r

Maybe the real problem is the IQ test and how it measures the existing intelligence less and less accurate, and not the people that are being measured.... just a thought.  

8. Re: Misc. May 24, 2013, 19:56 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2013, 19:11:
huh? I am not sure I agree with IQ vs fertility. I deal with people that have 7 kids from 7 dudes - it isn't about fertility, it is about having nothing else to do, no economic base, no job, and nothing to do but drink and F*ck. I dealt with a lady last night who has 7 kids, and one of them is acting out (weird) and she is threatening the kid who is 14 to go live with daad, who lives in Chicago and has 9 kids with 9 women. 16 kids between how many people, none of the 16 are fully related....16 kids who don't have a chance in hell to get out of the cycle...

And the fact that's all easily preventable yet they don't prevent it tells us what about their native intelligence? Hrmm? And how many intelligent and educated people do you see in those types of scenarios? Hrmm? It's not rocket science, pal. It's husbandry 101.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Misc. May 24, 2013, 19:11 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2013, 13:28:
What exactly explains this decline? Study co-author Dr. Jan te Nijenhuis, professor of work and organizational psychology at the University of Amsterdam, points to the fact that women of high intelligence tend to have fewer children than do women of lower intelligence. This negative association between I.Q. and fertility has been demonstrated time and again in research over the last century.

Boy I hope Not Sure can fix this! Maybe we need more electrolytes.

Holy shit does that bone disease sound scary!

And don't hold your breath on drug decriminalization as long as hypocrite Harper and his fascist corrupt goons are still in office - which won't be too much longer at this rate. We were actually all set to decriminalize pot when this yoyo managed to squeak into office and kill it. Like most conservatives the guy is a walking anachronism that's entirely out of touch with the times.

And how could this be an extremely active hurricane season? I mean global warming is a myth, right? Derp!

huh? I am not sure I agree with IQ vs fertility. I deal with people that have 7 kids from 7 dudes - it isn't about fertility, it is about having nothing else to do, no economic base, no job, and nothing to do but drink and F*ck. I dealt with a lady last night who has 7 kids, and one of them is acting out (weird) and she is threatening the kid who is 14 to go live with daad, who lives in Chicago and has 9 kids with 9 women. 16 kids between how many people, none of the 16 are fully related....16 kids who don't have a chance in hell to get out of the cycle...

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2013, 17:19 eRe4s3r

That Van Halen link makes me extremely thankful that I grew up with Rammstein.... not a big fan of the sound a guitar on overdrive makes

Also -> Human Intelligence Has Declined Since Victorian Era, Research Suggests

Is that really surprising given how population is distributed?

5. Misc. May 24, 2013, 13:28 Cutter

What exactly explains this decline? Study co-author Dr. Jan te Nijenhuis, professor of work and organizational psychology at the University of Amsterdam, points to the fact that women of high intelligence tend to have fewer children than do women of lower intelligence. This negative association between I.Q. and fertility has been demonstrated time and again in research over the last century.

Boy I hope Not Sure can fix this! Maybe we need more electrolytes.

Holy shit does that bone disease sound scary!

And don't hold your breath on drug decriminalization as long as hypocrite Harper and his fascist corrupt goons are still in office - which won't be too much longer at this rate. We were actually all set to decriminalize pot when this yoyo managed to squeak into office and kill it. Like most conservatives the guy is a walking anachronism that's entirely out of touch with the times.

And how could this be an extremely active hurricane season? I mean global warming is a myth, right? Derp!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2013, 11:18 Creston

Hot in May? What are you talking about? We've yet to go into the 90s here.

Creston

3. Re: Girl Who Turned to Bone May 24, 2013, 11:18 Killer Kane

I know several girls that turned to bone, right around sophomore year.

(badum...tishhhh)

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2013, 11:06 Killer Kane

It's 50* today, not exactly a heat wave  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2013, 09:47 InBlack

Gotta love Canada, although Im pretty sure Canada is really hated by organized crime already.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo