Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Morning Consolidation May 27, 2013, 08:56 Verno

I could not possibly care less about Ryse now, Xbox exclusive way to go champ.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 10:20 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on May 23, 2013, 21:04:
Phil: it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day (Oh I see what you did there. We were talking once every 24 hours and you circled back to every single moment. Only well played if it wasn't caught)

Yeah, he really didn't answer the question at all. He just responded to his own straw man instead. Definitely should not trust a word this guy says.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

35. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 09:00 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:04:
nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 11:53:
Preorders up! http://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/Default.aspx

I kinda want the Collector's edition just for the Los Santos hat

I want it so that I can put the GTA5 money bag in my GTA4 lock box.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 23:24 Redmask

These morons at Microsoft can't even understand their own fucking DRM scheme, let alone explain it to anyone in a straight forward manner. Put up a fucking wiki already or something, this is ridiculous. This is fucking goofball amateur hour shit.  

33. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 22:46 siapnar

nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:36:
If you're thinking about it, it's (the $150 version) "exclusive" to gamestop (as they like to point out)...

...you can go gamestop (who I absolutely despise, but I admit you'll have more order flexibility), or lock it in @ R*, with seemingly no future changes.
Thanks for the in depth info nin, but I wasn't all that serious about getting the Collector's. It's a lot of money!

I have projectile dysfunction.

32. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 21:04 HorrorScope

Wired: I’ve heard that if your Xbox One does not connect with Xbox Live at least once a day, the machine becomes inoperable and you’re not able to play any of the games that you’ve paid for. Is that true?

Harrison: I don’t think that’s what was said. Let me try and clarify what is happening.

So, there is a lot of anxiety about “what if my Internet connection goes down” and you don’t have connectivity for a period of time. There are a host of features which will be usable without an Internet connection — watching movies, playing certain single player games… all of which will operate offline. We expect most of the more advanced experiences, like online multiplayer games, or games which have a lot of connected features… those games won’t operate if you don’t have an Internet connection. We designed the system to take advantage of a connection to the cloud, and all that that means. But no, it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day.

Feel like this can be one of those Tosh breakdown moments.

Wired: I’ve heard that if your Xbox One does not connect with Xbox Live at least once a day

Phil: I don’t think that’s what was said. (I think he was the one that said it by the way)

Phil: watching movies, playing certain single player games (It is that certain word that I think causes concern, it could have been all single player games. Certain could mean a special reimagined version of Solitaire)

Phil: like online multiplayer games, or games which have a lot of connected features… those games won’t operate if you don’t have an Internet connection. (No shit, no wonder you are VP, those above you only hire people that won't threaten their position)

Phil: We designed the system to take advantage of a connection to the cloud, and all that that means. (You know I love me some cloud. But Phil, just take 15 a tell me what all THAT THAT cloud means? Instead of a buzz word for you?)

Phil: it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day (Oh I see what you did there. We were talking once every 24 hours and you circled back to every single moment. Only well played if it wasn't caught)

Phil I'm not feeling a lot of trust on this end. I believe you are either incompetent or really making sure you say your words very carefully, perhaps both, probably just that later, because you will wait until the last moment to drop the Whopper.

31. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 20:41 HorrorScope

"these architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market."

I wanted to jump on this like the next person. But he said "architechtures" not raw performance. We do know they are engineered tighter since they are more dedicated and all clones. I'll give them this one.

To me on paper the Ps4 looks to be about an $800-$1100 pc. If it is really better due to architecture, then maybe even up to $1500. But the best pc costs more than $1500. They said best.

30. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 19:36 Ozmodan

Well it is obvious that Rajat Teneja is a complete idiot. My PC is two years old and equal to either of the consoles. I can upgrade for about $500 and get something better than either.

How do these crackpots get in this industry, they must have an IQ of 1.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 17:54 Cutter

nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on May 23, 2013, 14:36:
Forget the Shitbox One and PSShit entirely.

XBOne! (pronounced X-bone)

Shitbox! Pronounced Shit-box.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

28. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 16:06 NegaDeath

Must be all that blast processing.  

27. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 15:51 wtf_man

I saw this pasted in some other forums, Too Funny:

Seven XBox One Parody

26. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 15:10 Tumbler

This fits perfectly. It's trying to be cool but fails so miserably.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 14:55 Creston

I just saw one Microsoft asslicker literally say "For my next console, I'm getting an Xbox One. The ONE console to own!" Rolleyes

Sadly he was not immediately eviscerated by the Internet itself.

Creston

24. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 14:44 nin

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2013, 14:36:

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 14:36 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 13:36 nin

siapnar wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:04:

I'm ashamed to say I went for that, since the cost vs what you were getting seemed way high. But I (obviously) love all things GTA, and I know I'd regret it later if I didn't get it.

If you're thinking about it, it's (the $150 version) "exclusive" to gamestop (as they like to point out)...UNLESS you order directly from R*, like I did. The only downside to ordering from R* (I now find out), is you can't change anything on your order (card, address, etc), once it's placed (very shitty "store"). Allegedly (per their FAQ) you can't even cancel, but I'm betting if you email them, they might let you (since they don't bill you until it ships). Also, they charge tax ($12.77), but you get "free" release date shipping.

So, if you're set on that version...you can go gamestop (who I absolutely despise, but I admit you'll have more order flexibility), or lock it in @ R*, with seemingly no future changes.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 13:34 Prez

This is the 5th or 6th time now in the last few weeks that I read about some tool making the asinine assertion (that they, unless a blithering idiot, would have to know is a bald-faced lie) that the new consoles are going to be anything other than gimped mid-range PC's. Which leads me to wonder why are they trying so hard to court PC gamers? Why else would they be making themselves look like asses with their laughable claims of their consoles being more powerful than the best PC, yadda yadda yadda?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 13:17 Ratty

nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 11:31:
Rattlehead wrote on May 23, 2013, 11:27:
Wtf is a CTO

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CTO

Rolleyes

Heh, I never saw that before. Cute.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 13:07 Creston

nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 11:40:

Will EA even be around in 4 years?

Sadly, yes. But like I said, it's more likely a general attitude in the entire industry, and we already know no publisher makes a better game for the more powerful hardware, so we'll be playing PS3/360 games for quite awhile to come yet, it would seem...

Creston

18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 13:04 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo