Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Neocore Games announces that The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is now available via digital distribution. Here's what to expect from the action/RPG loosely based on Bram Stoker's Dracula:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is an isometric Action Role-playing hack and slash video game. You can move and interact with point and click controls or hotkeys. You have a beautiful follower, the ghost of Lady Katarina, who is a great help for our hero and also his biggest critic at the same time. You can customize your character through a level-up system with improving different skills and combine them in several ways. You can tailor your skills on the spot with the game's unique PowerUp System: all active skills have 3 modifiers, called PowerUps. They are activated (charged) from Rage points that you gain as you kill your enemies, then you can boost your active skills in many different ways by combining these PowerUps. You can equip your character and also your follower with several items you picked up from the ground or bought from NPCs. The game also offers a co-op multiplayer campaign for up to 4 players, where you can hunt down the scientific nightmares with other members of the Hunters' Guild. In single-player mode you don’t need to stay online to play The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 18:50 LittleMe

It's a good aRPG.

edit: but right now it's rather buggy. They're actively patching the game so you might want to wait a week or more for things to settle.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2013, 00:32.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 10:27 Alamar

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2013, 03:29:
An aRPG where you can ONLY play one character doesnt seem built to have a lot of longevity IMO.

I've only played up to level 5 or so, but it seems you get enough skill points that you can acquire every skill below the final tier, but that's a huge guess (but also based on knowing you don't need every upgrade either). In other words, it may be worse than what you're stating, as build diversity may be minimal... But we'll see over the next few weeks... I'm not sure if I want to go melee or ranged, or combo... with or without emphasis on spells (either melee or ranged)...

-Alamar

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 07:44 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2013, 03:29:
An aRPG where you can ONLY play one character doesnt seem built to have a lot of longevity IMO.

Personally I never replay an ARPG with another character. In fact, I think most ARPGs are too long in the first run anyway

Except for Diablo 3 of course, who's campaign was about 10 times shorter than what you expect.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 03:29 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 00:12 Alamar

This was nowhere on my radar, but the pop up window lead me to the store, which lead me to the vids, which lead me to the cart, which lead me to the download... : )

Edit:
Played it for an hour... Interesting... The skill trees are a bit different, and the pet stuff is like TL but with more control (and leveling), so that's nice... The pet can also pick up loot, with a lot of granularity for controls...

For how it handles though, it has some issues... Lack of mobility skills worries me, and the game occasionally pauses. Seems to have a lot of story/conversation, especially with your pet, and stuff you find/interact with. Will likely give it a few more hours of attention tomorrow.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 23, 2013, 01:25.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 23:36 Cutter

Yeah, I wonder why it's so cheap? Super short or something?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 22:04 ItBurn

Need reviews of this asap. Looks good.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo