Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans

Deep Silver announces plans for DLC for Metro: Last Light while also revealing a Season Pass program for such additional content 4A Game's just-released first-person shooter sequel. Here's word:

Larkspur, Calif., May 22, 2013 -- Deep Silver today announced that 4A Games will support the critically acclaimed Metro: Last Light with a series of original single player content packs throughout the summer.

• The ‘Faction Pack’ and the ‘Chronicles Pack’ will include new, original single player gameplay that expands on the Metro: Last Light universe and story
  • The ‘Tower Pack’ will present a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans
  • Meanwhile, the ‘Developer Pack’ will give creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro...

“Artyom’s story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but there are other characters with stories to tell, some familiar locations that fans of the Metro series wanted to revisit, and some new challenges that 4A wanted to explore,” said Andrew Prokhorov, Creative Director at 4A Games. “Since completing the game we have been working on these new stories and hope to release them throughout the summer.”

The Metro: Last Light Season pass is available to download now from Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network and Steam for $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 or 1200 MSP now.

The first chapter will be the ‘Faction Pack’, set for release in June 2013.

Metro fans can pre-purchase all future DLC at a discount with the Season Pass, now available on Steam, Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®Network. The Season Pass also grants an additional weapon, the deadly Abzats, a semi-automatic shotgun rifle with a devastating secondary fire mode that unleashes six shells in one blast.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 09:17 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 07:58:
[[ Yes on all 3 - he did not kill a single one of the main guys and saved the bear, and also the women and BOTH prisoners in that tunnel. Which is why I am a bit surprised you mentioning that the "last stand death" was NOT the good ending.

If what you say is true then maybe it really is that you have to sneak through instead of killing everyone (he really killed everyone at the beginning ,p) Since he explored and wanetd to find all the memo's. He knocked out dudes when he could, but it often turned into a fire-fight ;p
]]

Making it all secret since it's clearly a heavy spoiler discussion now

Yup then it must be the fact that I hardly killed anyone unless it was absolutely necessary!

If you're interested in the good ending, look it up on youtube! I was really happy with it. Multiple things near the end must have been different for the Lest Play guy. Not just the ending, but also the entire attitude of [[the dark one]].

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 08:49 nin

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2013, 01:55:
Question: Where is my book?

*.pdf

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 07:58 eRe4s3r

[[ Yes on all 3 - he did not kill a single one of the main guys and saved the bear, and also the women and BOTH prisoners in that tunnel. Which is why I am a bit surprised you mentioning that the "last stand death" was NOT the good ending.

If what you say is true then maybe it really is that you have to sneak through instead of killing everyone (he really killed everyone at the beginning ,p) Since he explored and wanetd to find all the memo's. He knocked out dudes when he could, but it often turned into a fire-fight ;p
]]

Making it all secret since it's clearly a heavy spoiler discussion now

10. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 07:41 Quinn

That might be it. I hardly fired a single shot except near the end.

There were also moments where you had to decide the fate of a few key figures while [[the dark one was with him]]. What did the Let's Play guy do there? At one time, when you choose not to kill a certain character, the [[dark one says that although the character was a very bad person, killing is worse]] and I think that was a key moment. Later on, Pavel [[gets grabbed by the souls of the past, and you can leave him there forever or save him. If you choose the latter, the dark one will say that he will remember the fact that such a form of forgiveness is possible,]] which is also a key moment, I think.

Last but not least, did the Lets Play guy save the [[mutated bear]]?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 07:06 eRe4s3r

The let's play had all that, he spared anyone he could, did not attack the dragon creature on the roof, did not shoot the dogs in the kreml, did save that women in the train and the other women in that "off the path" bunker complex where the bandits had hunkered down, did free the prisoners, did free various other captured civilians. Although he did shoot the enemies he did not sneak much. If that's not enough to get a good ending then I am flabberghasted. I thought the let's play was exceptionally "good", he even gave ammo to every beggar.

From what I saw (Also, I was talking about Metro 2033 in that post you remember not LL, I haven't played it!) the ending would not have come any differently if I had played. And I am gonna assume that that ending is canon.

I guess the Let's player got the bad ending for his gunning down everyone human when that dark one was with him.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2013, 07:12.

8. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 06:14 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 05:42:
Quinn wrote on May 23, 2013, 05:12:
Acleacius wrote on May 22, 2013, 21:55:
“Artyom’s story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but ...
wtg deep silver, spoiler much.

I don't even get why they say that. In my ending, Artyom's story has not been concluded at all. He's very much alive. And since he's very special in a certain regard, I cba to play another character than him.

What? Are there 2 different endings? The one I saw (from a let's play) had him
[[[[ Positively dead, blown apart in the Last Stand Defense of the D6 Bunker, taking everyone else with him ]]]]

Few stories ever actually end with as much finality as this arc.

Yeah that's the "bad" ending. There's a good ending, too. Someone on this board (was it you, mate?) said earlier that Metro LL gives you no motivation to explore, because you can't find anything interesting other than some diaries. While playing I found out how wrong said person was, because there are many hidden situations in which your intervention is of great influence. A minor spoiler: At some point, while exploring properly, you'll find two men who are at the point of raping a woman. Knock them out or kill them, and you receive one of those hidden points that get you one step closer to the good ending.

The most important decisions you make, I think, are when a certain character is with you and watching your every move... building a sense of morality with you as its guideline.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 05:42 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on May 23, 2013, 05:12:

I don't even get why they say that. In my ending, Artyom's story has not been concluded at all. He's very much alive. And since he's very special in a certain regard, I cba to play another character than him.

What? Are there 2 different endings? The one I saw (from a let's play) had him
[[[[ Positively dead, blown apart in the Last Stand Defense of the D6 Bunker, taking everyone else with him ]]]]

Few stories ever actually end with as much finality as this arc.

6. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 05:12 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 04:36 MoonSpook

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2013, 01:55
uestion: Where is my book[/quote:

This should help you:

Digital Metro 2033 novel for U.S. customers

This is exclusive for the U.S. due to the fact that the book distribution rights in the U.S. are owned by the author Dmitry Glukhovsky himself (he self-publishes Metro 2033 there), and he was kind enough to allow us to give it away.

You can find the digital novel in English as a PDF in \Steam\steamapps\common\Metro Last Light\novel once it unlocks. If it's not there, download it manually under "DLC" on the Library entry for Metro: Last Light (under LINKS on the right-hand side). Alternatively, find it in the DLC area of the Store page or in the Library > Metro: Last Light > right-click > Properties > DLC.

If it's not there, your best option is to contact Steam support.

Edit: no idea why the start of this post is messed up, the tags all look right in the text.

4. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 23, 2013, 01:55 The Half Elf

Question: Where is my book?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 22, 2013, 21:55 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 22, 2013, 21:24 Cutter

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Weird.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC & Season Pass Plans May 22, 2013, 21:19 siapnar

What could possibly warrant a season pass for this.. Are they releasing a whole new SP expansion on the campaign?  

I have projectile dysfunction.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo