Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Age of Conan Turning Five

Funcom sends word that tomorrow marks the fifth anniversary of the release of Age of Conan, surprising us with a reminder of how long their barbaric MMORPG has been running. They are celebrating the occasion with special in-game events as well as changes to how member accounts progress going forward. All the details can be found on this page, and here's an overview:

Come join the celebration of Age of Conan’s 5th year anniversary, starting Thursday the 23rd of May 4pm CET/10am EST! The world of Hyboria is being invaded by huge boss monsters for five days in a row. Everyone can join in the fight against the creatures and have a chance of earning great rewards if the massive monsters are defeated.

But the in-game event is just one part of the anniversary celebration. Membership in Age of Conan: Unchained is getting greatly improved. All characters on Member accounts will now receive the Blessing of Asura item, which doubles experience points from killing monsters for one hour per day. They also earn one Alternate Advancement point, which can be spent at level 80 to learn handy abilities, for each level they gain. In addition Members more than triple the amount of Bonus Points they receive each month, which can be spent in the Item Shop, and still of course retain all previous benefits Membership entailed.

Everyone will also be receiving several gifts during the celebration, which among other things include Access Passes to Khitai – the great lands to the east, introduced through the Rise of the Godslayer expansion.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 23, 2013, 10:30 Ant

I still haven't tried AoC. I still have my unopened box. Is it still worth trying? IIRC, it is F2P?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 17:13 KS

Rattlehead wrote on May 22, 2013, 13:57:
Didn't they cut out toplessness along time ago in AoC?

Last time I checked in December, looking for something after City of Heroes shut down, it was there.

15. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 14:43 nin

Morgan19 wrote on May 22, 2013, 14:15:
Or "Age of Conan's age is five," or "Age of conan not aging well at age five," or... The possibilities!!

"Age of Conan servers apparently still running."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 14:15 Morgan19

Or "Age of Conan's age is five," or "Age of conan not aging well at age five," or... The possibilities!!  

13. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 13:57 Rattlehead

Didn't they cut out toplessness along time ago in AoC?  

12. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 13:34 Creston

nin wrote on May 22, 2013, 09:12:
I'll always remember it for that bridge...

Rotfl

Creston

11. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 13:32 Creston

Man, it's been around that long already? Damn...

Creston

10. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 12:28 KS

The only R-rated game with hooters. They need sliders for that, nipple diameter, and color.

Still, given they now have separate armor and armor looks slots, it's easy to run permatopless without sacrificing a major armor slot.

True, there's a topless statue in Tera Online, in the major city (and of a goddess at that) so there's some progress.

9. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 12:09 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

So much potential fucked up by focusing on the PVE shite no one was interested in.
I KNOW LETS GO HIT SOME ROCKS IN BORI TO LEVEL PVP.

Bastards

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

8. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 11:50 Wallshadows

The best thing about this game besides the starting area of Tortuga was the character collision system and you had to move around other players rather than through them...  

7. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 11:45 Acleacius

Fun and creative starter island during first 20 levels. It's almost a completely different game, developed by a different company once you leave the island and not for the better.

Worst mage caster classes I've ever played.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 10:54 Kawlisse

Tim Collins wrote on May 22, 2013, 10:22:
They f'd the game up from the start, had huge potential

Totally agree, the first 20 levels tough, were the beast moments in a mmo, it all went down the drain after that !!! and now with the horrendous cash shop its even worse.

5. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 10:22 Tim Collins

They f'd the game up from the start, had huge potential  

4. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 09:54 Yakubs

You mean "Age of Conan Is Five"

3. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 09:13 Julio

I'm surprised the game is still going. I really liked the first 20ish levels the first week, but the rest of the game was really lacking after that. The soundtrack was great.  

2. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 09:12 nin

I'll always remember it for that bridge...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 09:04 InBlack

Damn this game had potential they FUBARed so much though. Hard to believe people are still paying to play this shit though.  

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo