Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced

Slitherine and Games Workshop announce Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, a turn-based strategy game using Games Workshop's "Battle for Armageddon" setting they plan on releasing in the first quarter of next year for Windows and iOS. "It is very exciting to see a game like this come alive - I just can't wait to play it," said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. "It's been almost 15 years since a turn-based strategy game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe has been released and we think it is now time to deliver that experience to all fans around the world." Here's a feature list:

• The game portrays the Second War for Armageddon™ in great detail, from the initial Ork landings to the final liberation of the planet;
  • It contains a large branching campaign with 30 major scenarios, plus additional 5 tutorial scenarios that explore the story in detail;
  • A complex plot, which can develop during a mission, right in the middle of battle, creating an engaging story line with unexpected twists;
  • Players lead Imperial troops of the Armageddon™ Steel Legion, with supporting assets from a number of Space Marine chapters against the ferocious Orks;
  • Fight alongside Commissar Yarrik and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka;
  • Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment;
  • Detailed combat model with terrain, weather and morale effects;
  • Extensive modding options delivered through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 29, 2013, 08:52 KilrathiAce

Was hoping this was some meaningful w40k game coming... until I read actual announcement...nothing here to see.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 17:24 BobBob

Lost me at turn-based. Zzzz  

12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 16:58 Creston

I lurve the 40K universe, and there have been some cool games made in it, so I'll keep a careful eye out.

Creston

11. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 11:06 Wolfox

C'mon, people. There are plenty of good turn-based strategy games in mobile platforms, like Neuroshima Hex and Eclipse. This can be good.  

10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 08:20 eRe4s3r

On IOS, Gameplay is a peasant. Destroyed by cheap monetization scams that try to make you pay for everything.....  

9. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 07:27 InBlack

grudgebearer wrote on May 22, 2013, 07:14:
InBlack wrote on May 22, 2013, 03:03:
Well despite the negativity Im excited for this game, iOS games dont need to be dumbed down, in fact turn based strategy games are perfect for the platform. First a remake of Space Hulk and now this. Sure it might end up crap, but Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You really want this, reskinned for 40k?

Erm....yes? Graphics dont mean shit to me if the gameplay is good. Gameplay is king.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 07:14 grudgebearer

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2013, 03:03:
Well despite the negativity Im excited for this game, iOS games dont need to be dumbed down, in fact turn based strategy games are perfect for the platform. First a remake of Space Hulk and now this. Sure it might end up crap, but Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You really want this, reskinned for 40k?

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 06:43 Overon

It could just be a blatant brand cash-in like so many others. I hope I'm proven wrong.  

6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 03:03 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 02:02 Orogogus

Games Workshop is pretty damn stingy with its IPs. In the past 10 years 40K has had 2 Dawn of War games, that third person shooter and a portable game. Warhammer Fantasy hasn't even been that lucky. It's hardly anything like, say, Star Wars, with its LEGO games, Kinect title, Soul Calibur characters, Angry Birds tie-in, MMORPG, card game, etc.

The question is really, why aren't they shopping their IPs around to more developers? Just with 40K, there's been nothing that's touched Battlefleet Gothic or Necromunda, 1 game that had Titans at all, races which have only ever been used in the first Dawn of War, nothing in the Horus Heresy or other past eras, and so on. There's a ton of room for "diluting the IP," but somehow the big RPG and tabletop houses are all sitting on their properties despite their captive demographics.

4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 01:28 Deathbot V1.87

WHY does games workshop insist on diluting its IP?

3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 23:51 grudgebearer

Given Slitherine's current catalog, I am confident in saying that this game will be an unmitigated disaster.  

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 23:24 ledhead1969

...and probably P2E so it will cost 3X as much as it should to really enjoy it.  

1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 19:58 Bishi

Excited until they mentioned iOS. Expect. Dumbed-down. Boredom.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo