Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited

The Perfect World forums have details on a rollback in Neverwinter after the discovery of a bug that some users exploited to their economic advantage in the beta RPG. Noting that damage to the game's economy had already been done, they rolled back user accounts to undo this, and offer this FAQ with all the details on the process (thanks Polygon). This brings to mind the recent exploit in Diablo III that also impacted the economy but was not rolled back. There is no proper way to judge the impact of the problem on the game, however, because Blizzard was maintaining an artificial floor in selling gold for cash of $0.25 per million, a limitation they removed just a week ago, so there's no way of separating the impact of the exploit from the impact of removing their price fixing. But for the record, according to this Gold Price Tracker the cash price of gold in Diablo III has dropped close to 1000% in the past week.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 22, 2013, 05:32 Julio

Axis wrote on May 21, 2013, 20:37:
Neverwinter is a generic 1 week romp anyway, only people who care are the suckers who paid a shitload to get into the beta.

I think I may have played 2 weeks, but didn't spend anything on it. The game isn't good enough to deserve any cash, and is a pure P2W game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 22:45 Dev

I wonder if its worth buying a pile of gold so I never have to worry about repair costs again, in my first real money purchase in D3.

Wait, this is d3 I'm talking about, I haven't played that thing in many months.

11. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 20:37 Axis

Neverwinter is a generic 1 week romp anyway, only people who care are the suckers who paid a shitload to get into the beta.  

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 17:51 Julio

Neverwinter was a mess with the recent exploit, we'll see if it's truly fixed or whether the economy is screwed like Diablo 3.  

9. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 16:32 Cutter

They already had a pile of people cheat to get XP, they just do server wipes completely.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 14:13 jacobvandy

Lol, wow... So for under $2 (minimum purchase on RMAH is $1), I could get 50x more gold than I've ever seen in that game. What a mess!

Edit: It's been brought to my attention by a D3-addict friend of mine that the black market (chinese gold farmers) has been selling gold at about that price for months. My next question was, what happens to them now that the official price is that low?

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 14:19.

7. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 12:44 Quinn

Desperately reading through the Neverwinter Saga books from R.A. Salvatore before giving Neverwinter another go!

You go, Drizzt!

.... I know. But I'm really not that much of a nerd, normally.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 12:27 BobBob

Fuck that loser! Never Forget!  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

5. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 11:00 Mr. Tact

It's weird because I can't imagine the argument Blizzard would make to justify it without looking like complete idiots and/or greedy bastards. But then, maybe they didn't care... *sigh*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 10:29 eRe4s3r

Not weird at all, it kept the botters and farmers in business and they are the only ones playing D3 constantly  

3. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 09:30 Mr. Tact

because Blizzard was maintaining an artificial floor in selling gold for cash of $0.25 per million,

The price you could put on gold in the RMAH was restricted so that you couldn't sell it for less than $.25 per million? Weird.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 09:15 Omni

How to ruin a game: use the following steps or contact Blizzard or Cryptic Studios for further info.  

1. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 09:13 Optional nickname

Time to tighten the noose on the remaining survivors that still play Diablo3, to this day. The only time I've ever logged into D3 was to see if my account wasn't banned for reasons of: not having played since 1.03  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo