Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So today is the next Xbox reveal, huh? I wonder if this includes actually showing off the console, or has Sony lowered the bar on this for everyone?

Revealing Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Flip and Go.
Cat 2 Around Europe.
Links: Star Trek Into Darkness: The Spoiler FAQ. Thanks nin.
Stories: Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister.
Media: Fan Made BioShock Infinite Video.
OK City Tornado Footage. Thanks nin.
Speedrun: Aliens in 60 Seconds.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 08:46 nin

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:34:
Redmask wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:55:
"Xbox One will not work unless Kinet is connected"

Of course, they are going to be harvesting information using the cameras for advertisers.

Just cover it with a rag or something and problem solved.

So instead of a sock on the doornob, it's a sock on the kinect.

edit: Safeword: "xbox! XBOX!!!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 04:36 Hoop

"Of course, they are going to be harvesting information"

I hear it will be powered by Soylent Green.
Oh & it will only cost "one" ....... lifeforce.
Anyone seen grandma? Jimmy put down that console & go find grandma for me.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2013, 05:00.

Um .. Behind you...

53. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 17:34 Cutter

Of course, they are going to be harvesting information using the cameras for advertisers.

Just cover it with a rag or something and problem solved.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

52. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 17:13 Beamer

I doubt it will have the power and resolution to, as some put it, be able to tell if you're drinking Coke rather than Pepsi.

So, while I'm sure P&G is dying to know that kind of thing, I do not think the technology is there. Hell, it's resource intensive just to have a computer tell that from a static image, let alone a console tell that from video.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

51. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 16:55 Redmask

50. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:34 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:22:
They announced Kinet will be bundled with every console.
The eye into your home!

Xbox One is a definite, wait 1.5 years and then see.

And, the biggest thing that will make me NOT buy it: Confirmed, Xbox One is NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

/ha! A bunch of really bad info/bad press is coming out now that reveal is over, they are sharing a lot of stuff off camera. "Xbox One will not work unless Kinet is connected"

//"May have mandatory game installs"

I believe it definitely has mandatory game installs, and sounds like there's a fee for a second-hand game license.

It's not backwards compatible, but neither is the PS4. The bad news is that Sony suggested they'd try to work around the new architecture by streaming PS3 titles (still a bit up in the air). Microsoft sounds like they plan continue to sell the Xbox 360 so I doubt they plan to do the same.

All that said, after the RROD fiasco I sure hope a lot of people give it a nice 1.5 year wait time. Like they swore they would Rolleyes

PSN: CaseDesignate

49. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:22 xXBatmanXx

They announced Kinet will be bundled with every console.
The eye into your home!

Xbox One is a definite, wait 1.5 years and then see.

And, the biggest thing that will make me NOT buy it: Confirmed, Xbox One is NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

/ha! A bunch of really bad info/bad press is coming out now that reveal is over, they are sharing a lot of stuff off camera. "Xbox One will not work unless Kinet is connected"

//"May have mandatory game installs"

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 15:30.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:18 Beamer

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2013, 14:46:
Beamer wrote on May 21, 2013, 14:23:
Controller looks great.
Name is really stupid.
Sports stuff seems... pointless.
DVR/Cable Box stuff seems like a godsend.
Graphics are significantly better than anything out now, but I don't think we're ever going to be wowed by computer graphics anymore. The leaps and jumps are gone, because the technology is well into its lifespan instead of growing rapidly, and the changes any new technology allows is no longer a huge difference.

Watching it now, it looks dumb as hell....why do they think everyone wants Kinect?
I can see huge problems with all the background items running at the same time "go home, watch movie, etc"

I don't want it to "see my world", I don't want to watch tv with it, I don't want to exercise with it, I don't want to listen to music. I WANT TO PLAY GAMES!!!!!!

Partnering with EA scares the shit out of me.

I can see all of these features being a separate subscription. "NFL on Xbox" looks cool, but it looks expensive.

Nintendo announced their partnership with EA at the WiiU debut. It's a meaningless thing.

I do agree with the Kinect weirdness. It seems to think you watch TV silently and motionless. If you don't, who knows what it will do? Then again, I guess I usually do, but...

-------------

47. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:13 Agent.X7

nin wrote on May 21, 2013, 09:33:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2013, 09:32:
OMG That Spoiler FAQ....MUAHAHAHA. If you enjoyed the movie dont read it, because it will seriously put a dark foreboding shadow of doubt in your mind whether it was actually a good movie at all....

I like the way they channeled the Typical Star Trek fan, full of outrage.

My college roommates made me watch every damn trek thing ever. I disliked Trek until JJ took over. Trekkies can bitch all they want, but Trek was pretty dumb before. At least JJ brings good effects and explosions. I mean, space whales? Finding God? Come on, they remember it being way better than it ever was.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

46. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:07 mch

But hey, with the new voice commands. "Xbox, eject my videocassette."  

45. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:03 netnerd85

mch wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:00:
That is one large console. Seriously, looks to me like a VCR
lol, that's what I thought, or a NES... even has similar curves.

44. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:00 mch

That is one large console. Seriously, looks to me like a VCR (even has an HDMI passthrough the the TV "integration") or a desktop PC. Hopefully, the large size is because they packed it full of adequate cooling this time.

Anyway, mixed reactions over here. The "15 exclusive games in year one (8 being new franchises)" sounds interesting, but I'll wait until E3 to see.

43. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 14:46 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on May 21, 2013, 14:23:
Controller looks great.
Name is really stupid.
Graphics are significantly better than anything out now, but I don't think we're ever going to be wowed by computer graphics anymore. The leaps and jumps are gone, because the technology is well into its lifespan instead of growing rapidly, and the changes any new technology allows is no longer a huge difference.

Watching it now, it looks dumb as hell....why do they think everyone wants Kinect?
I can see huge problems with all the background items running at the same time "go home, watch movie, etc"

I don't want it to "see my world", I don't want to watch tv with it, I don't want to exercise with it, I don't want to listen to music. I WANT TO PLAY GAMES!!!!!!

Partnering with EA scares the shit out of me.

I can see all of these features being a separate subscription. "NFL on Xbox" looks cool, but it looks expensive.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 14:56.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

42. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 14:23 Beamer

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 21, 2013, 14:02:
Verno wrote on May 21, 2013, 13:25:
I hope someone else here is watching this shit show, "Xbox ESPN!" hahah. They didn't even lead with games, it's all TV and Twitter nonsense so far. The console itself looks like a pretty standard Antec or Silverstone HTPC case.

Edit: Oh boy, Kinect 2.0. "It can read your heart rate!"

Smartglass, just what people care about.

Get to the games already.

Heh only caught the tail end of it but seems like a fail to me so far... seems XBOX ONE is all about 'exclusivity' where the PS4 announcement was all about innovation in the gaming experience... maybe I missed all the gaming features in the first 45min?

The PS4 announcement was more gaming centric, but Microsoft is holding back the gaming stuff for E3, which is a gaming conference. They focused on the more general stuff here.

Controller looks great.
Name is really stupid.

-------------

41. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 14:02 Yosemite Sam

Verno wrote on May 21, 2013, 13:25:
I hope someone else here is watching this shit show, "Xbox ESPN!" hahah. They didn't even lead with games, it's all TV and Twitter nonsense so far. The console itself looks like a pretty standard Antec or Silverstone HTPC case.

Heh only caught the tail end of it but seems like a fail to me so far... seems XBOX ONE is all about 'exclusivity' where the PS4 announcement was all about innovation in the gaming experience... maybe I missed all the gaming features in the first 45min?

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

40. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 13:30 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on May 21, 2013, 13:02:
Nah, that won't happen anymore. 1957 was a long time ago, and since then there have been so many improvements
I'm sure there have been. I'm not saying it's likely, I'm not even saying I expect to see it happen in my lifetime. However, I also don't expect to have my house destroyed by a tornado in my lifetime.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

39. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 13:25 Verno

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

38. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 13:02 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:42:
Creston wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:36:
If you want to live somewhere where there is really no bad weather, move to Holland.
Just perpetually worry about waking up with 4 ft of ocean next to your home...

Nah, that won't happen anymore. 1957 was a long time ago, and since then there have been so many improvements to the water management systems that it would take a storm that would flood the entire world in order for Holland to be in any danger of that.

Funny though, when my now wife first visited me in Holland, that was the thing she was most scared about.

Creston

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 12:42 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:36:
If you want to live somewhere where there is really no bad weather, move to Holland.
Just perpetually worry about waking up with 4 ft of ocean next to your home...

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 12:52.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

36. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 12:42 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:33:
People should live in geodisic domes. Much more efficient all around.

Only if they renew at 30!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfLUb8XdzY

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo