Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Batman Arkham Origins Trailer

Here's a trailer showing off nearly five minutes of footage from Batman Arkham Origins, the next installment in the series of dark knight video games. The clip is all cinematics, showing the bat taking out a crew of henchmen in Jim Aparo-style ski masks before an encounter with a more worthy adversary (or two).

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 21, 2013, 04:47 Jerykk

Wonder what other villains will be in the game. Could be cool to see Scarface and Firefly in action. The game's a prequel, so Hush won't be in it.

On a side note, I can't help but feel like this is just a quick cash-in while Rocksteady works on a proper sequel. Epic did the same with the latest Gears and Sony did the same with the latest God of War. That said, there have only been two Arkham games thus far so I can't complain too much about more of the same.

On another side note, Blur did a fantastic job with Black Mask's eyes. They really make him look like a psycho under that mask.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 04:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 21, 2013, 01:20 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2013, 18:05:
wow. Pretty impressive trailer. I really enjoy these, but I hope that they stop with the "investigation mode". Really takes away from the game when you spend 80% of it in that crappy visual mode.

Yeah, it's pretty derp, but the science behind it is solid. And even at the outside, it's not like you have to use it if you want to keep the tension up. In fact, that would be a great achievement. Play the game without using derp mode once.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 18:13 Mad Max RW

I would love to watch 2 hours of this instead of another live action Batman movie. Too bad the CGI actually costs more.  

12. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 18:05 xXBatmanXx

wow. Pretty impressive trailer. I really enjoy these, but I hope that they stop with the "investigation mode". Really takes away from the game when you spend 80% of it in that crappy visual mode.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 17:40 Rattlehead

I will admit it was an awesome trailer but at least throw in some gameplay footage. Also why does Batman have a bigger chin than Bill Cowher?  

10. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 17:11 Cutter

Dunno if it'll be a first day purchase yet, but we'll see depending on reviews. Still, it was a good trailer though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 14:19 TangledThorns

OMFG, that trailer was cool. So we finally get to fly the Batwing and drive the Batmobile in Gotham GTA style!!  

8. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:52 Fantaz

Rattlehead wrote on May 20, 2013, 12:49:
Marketing is such a joke these days. These CGI trailers do not come cheap, and it cost way more to make one than to simply piece together 5 minutes of edited gameplay footage.

It's pretty awesome though. Best Batman trailer, or rather game trailer I've seen in a while.

7. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:42 Wash Washburne

Sometimes I watch these CG Animations and I can't help myself but to wish for a mini series of short CG films instead of a game, now this theory really works with most of the recent Star Wars games, haha  

6. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 13:06 Marvin T. Martian

Agree with most--show me actual gameplay not CGI.  

5. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 12:49 Rattlehead

Marketing is such a joke these days. These CGI trailers do not come cheap, and it cost way more to make one than to simply piece together 5 minutes of edited gameplay footage.

4. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 12:39 Drayth

Arkham City did the same thing with a lengthy roof top fight cinematic before any gameplay was shown. Maybe it's tradition...  

3. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 12:26 jomisab

Would have preferred a clever trailer that is comprised entirely of in-game footage.  

2. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:51 ViRGE

I'm trying hard not to be unnecessarily negative here. But what's the point of a 5 minute CGI trailer? How many millions of dollars did they waste on that?

It seems like that in the last few years, CGI trailers are reaching an absurd prevalence. They're the video form of a bullshot.

1. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:13 Trevellian

Hmmm... Black Mask and Deathstroke... With what sounds like the old voice actor for BM at least. I may have to eat my words if they can keep Rocksteady's gameplay going with a good story. But it's hard to tell from a CG trailer how the gameplay stands up.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo