Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion Kickstarter

A Kickstarter campaign is now underway for Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion, as Nexeon Technologies seeks $50,000 for an updated game based on Face of Mankind, the MMORPG that was announced in 2002 and launched as an open beta in 2005. Face of Mankind was developed by German developer Duplex Systems, but the new game is from Houston-based Nexeon Technologies, and the relationship between the old developer and the new one is not clear, but the Face of Mankind website now redirects to a placeholder for the new game. The phrase MMO appears nowhere in the very lengthy description provided, but it seems to be an MMOG like its forebear nonetheless, as they discuss details like a completely player driven economy.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion Kickstarter May 22, 2013, 08:21 Banj0z

Pointless??

I'm not sure you have actually played fom in that case then lol. I could understand if you called one of the many generic themepark mmos pointless. But Face of mankind is long way from being a theme park. Face of mankind is a sandbox mmo, and a player driven one of it's kind. Every action you take will effect the world in some way, and I would in no way call that pointless as we are talking about not only changing the world but also affecting the people around you. Fom is a very old game and is nothing like what it was in it original state. alot of bugs have been ironed out alot of design choices have been modified. but most important of all Face of mankind: fall of the dominion is going to be so much more then FOM have ever been with so many new mechanics that will enhance the sandbox element and give the players more tools to shape the world.

FOM is my all time favorite sandbox game.
and if you want to hear about what experiences the game have given the community go listen to this video and watch it all the way through. only then will you truely understand the concept of not only FOM but how a sandbox game is supposed to be played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_oZDriUURo

This comment was edited on May 22, 2013, 08:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion Kickstarter May 20, 2013, 13:39 Hump

I was in the old beta as well. One of the dullest and most pointless MMO's Ive ever played.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion Kickstarter May 20, 2013, 09:46 Ozmodan

Original game was horrible. If they are trying to fix the old code, they would be far better off just starting over.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo