Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Moon Rising Beta

The Moon Rising website now offers a new playable version 0.7 beta for Moon Rising, an indie turn-based strategy game for Windows, OS X, and Linux, though the accompanying update notes beta is a somewhat loose term for a release that includes "alpha graphics and constantly changing gameplay elements." Here's a trailer showing off the game, and here's an outline of what it's about: "So you want to know what the game's about? Well, it's a turn-based strategy based on the Moon in a numerically satisfying year (2099, most likely), much in the mold of Advanced Wars & Laser Squad and other such seminal works. Except with a few twists we hope you'll like." Moon Rising is the subject of a Steam Greenlight campaign, and they have a handy Steam Greenlight-O-Meter on their site tracking its progress.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Moon Rising Beta May 21, 2013, 03:23 netnerd85

The music on the clip reminds me of Dark Reign 2's music, which is amazing! Looks good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Moon Rising Beta May 20, 2013, 10:54 eRe4s3r

Ok i was about to try this out, but why the PONY do they want me to create a full account with them INSIDE THE GAME? That's not gonna happen. Make this PONY as hell registration in the PONY PONY WEBSITE and not in a application where my password manager doesn't work.

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Why do they want my email?

Also, insert your favorite curse words in place of PONY

There is a special place in dev-null-hell for developers making registration mandatory and IN_GAME only. But even worse is not mentioning this in the page.

You can only play this beta once your "email" is verified. You can not play without registration.

PPs.: Yes yes, nit picking I am. But It just bothered me, I had few minutes in between things and messing around with registrations and respond serial is not my idea of a good time. Anyhow...

This comment was edited on May 20, 2013, 11:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo