Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 15:25 Fantaz

*DOUBLE POST* (please remove)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 15:23 Fantaz

PHJF wrote on May 18, 2013, 14:56:
I don't want to see Nintendo making games for other platforms,

Ummm I and all the other "core gamers" would love for this to happen.
I already called it years ago that this would be Nintendo's last console generation.

Wii U is an overpriced POS low-spec "crappy" console that nobody's gonna buy except rent for the 1st party titles and quickly get rid of it after. R.I.P. Wii U, you were dead on arrival and we barely knew you.

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 14:56 PHJF

I don't want to see Nintendo making games for other platforms,

Ummm I and all the other "core gamers" would love for this to happen.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 14:12 wtf_man

I don't think it's "Adam Orth level", like the end of the article implies... but I'm sure he's probably in a little hot water, even though he's mainly picking on the thing for being less powerful than a current xbox 360.  

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 14:02 Prez

Wow, somebody isn't getting invited to the Nintendo Christmas party this year!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 13:35 Redmask

They have pretty massive cash reserves so I doubt they are walking dead but EA refusing to make any games for your platform isn't a good sign. The last time this happened Sega went from a console manufacturer to a third party publisher and their product quality is all over the place. People under estimate sports titles influence but not having FIFA in Latin America and Europe is a deathblow, not having NHL in Canada is almost as bad considering how many console owners there are up there and football and America goes without saying.

I don't want to see Nintendo making games for other platforms, you lose a lot of control in that process and have to make concessions for the mass market. Nintendo just needs new management, they got lucky with the Wii and tapped into the soccer mom market but the Wii U tablet is a feature that people think they have elsewhere already. Worse they have confused the marketplace with the naming and marketing.

Nintendo can afford this failure but nothing on this level again, no more launching under powered hardware with no games and waiting 1-2 years to catch up. Wii U games have budgets 5x-10x higher than a 3DS game, it's not as easy for the marketplace to offset that and they won't do it when their installed base is shit. They also somehow still fucked up their online store front which has infuriated developers and publishers who continue to point to existing examples from several competitors.

They cannot get away with this shit again, learn a valuable lesson this time Nintendo.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo