Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Now things are really happening in ManStovia, as I have cooked up the first batch of barbeque sauce of the season. This is just a simple Coca-Cola-based sauce from Steven Raichlen, but it seems promising. It's a little less tangy/spicy than I generally prefer, but its sweetness seemed a nice complement to some grilled chicken, so I'm happy with the outcome.

Sweet Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Feed Us 5.
Stories: Nolan Talking With Bond Series Producers.
Does Game of Thrones Already Have an End Date?
Science: Youngsters use dementia drugs to boost brain power, survey finds.
Media: Tobias Fünke's Sizzle Reel - Insert Me Anywhere.
Tobias Fünke's cameo in The Shining.
Riddick - Debut Trailer. Thanks Fantaz.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Riddick May 20, 2013, 08:26 Mr. Tact

I was hoping for a true sequel to "Chronicles of Riddick", and seeing what he did as leader of the Necromongers. This film doesn't appear to be that. Just another monsters in the dark slasher. I'll catch it when it rolls around to cable.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Riddick - Debut Trailer May 19, 2013, 01:55 eRe4s3r

Riddick Kratos would never see him coming.

But anyhow, I watch these movies only because of Vin Diesel's voice.. so yeah. Probably gonna be a decent chill out action movie with aliens

13. Steam Trading Card May 18, 2013, 21:24 jimnms

I somehow got into the Steam Trading Card beta and have three invites to give away. If you want one, hit me up on Steam.  

MeanJim on Steam

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 20:02 1badmf

nin wrote on May 18, 2013, 19:18:
Cutter wrote on May 18, 2013, 18:43:
nin wrote on May 18, 2013, 15:59:
Just got back from Trek - really enjoyed it. If you liked the last one, I can't see you not liking this one.

And conversely those of us hated it will hate this one too?

I would say so as well. They're continuing an alternate timeline, with some similarities and some differences.

you didn't know that harrison was khan? i've known it for months and i wasn't even following development of the movie particularly closely.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 19:18 nin

Just got back from Trek - really enjoyed it. If you liked the last one, I can't see you not liking this one.

I would say so as well. They're continuing an alternate timeline, with some similarities and some differences.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 19:13 Cutter

Just finished grilling up a sirloin, veg and a few beef ribs. Man, I love beef ribs! They're so...beefy tasting! And I love gnawing on those Flintsone sized bones versus wee little pork ones.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 19:09 1badmf

i would say so, though i don't know how you can hate it. into darkness is a logical progression of the first with the same flaws and strengths. generally forgettable plot; pays homage to wrath of khan while managing to avoid being derivative; really strong characters and dialogue. as i posted on fb after seeing, the enterprise should be renamed USS Bro, the love is so strong on that ship haha. not gonna lie, i got a little choked up at one of the bro scenes between spock and kirk.

i saw it in liemax 3d and it was a magnificent cinematic experience.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 18:43 Cutter

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 17:27 nin

Hoop wrote on May 18, 2013, 16:28:

You can thank me for keeping your expectations in check.
What did you like most?

Mostly that they were pursuing the alternate timeline, while making changes here and there to make it a bit more timely (the idea of launching the torpedoes and killing Harrison w/o a trial drawing similarities to our current activity of killing US citizens classified as "enemy combatants", w/o a trial). Also, the reveal of Khan was surprisingly kept under wraps pretty well, despite wide speculation. Kirk throwing the rules out the window is always fun to watch, and a corrupt Federation made a good enemy to play against that.

I will say the ending felt like JJ was potentially ending his involvement (or at least a good jumping off point). He's established everything, and what Paramount decides to do next is kind of up to them...

Also (meant to send this in and forgot), I read an interesting article yesterday about why we don't have a new Trek show on the air yet, and how Abrams might have had larger plans for Trek that he ultimately wasn't allowed to do, due to the fine folks at CBS. It makes you wonder what might have been, similar to the role Whedon now has over at Marvel...

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 16:28 Hoop

You can thank me for keeping your expectations in check.
What did you like most?

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 15:59 nin

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 15:00 PropheT

Root beer works great as a base, but otherwise the stuff I make is a lot like that Coke recipe. Dr. Pepper makes a really good sauce, too. Pepsi is just too sweet and there was something about using Coke that i didn't like (haha), but Root Beer and Dr. Pepper were sweet while still having some of the richness to it, for lack of a better word to describe the difference.  

3. Riddick - Debut Trailer May 18, 2013, 14:57 Fantaz

In a match between bad asses, Riddick vs. Kratos (from God of War), who do you think would win?

This comment was edited on May 18, 2013, 15:11.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 14:24 Cutter

I've always been a big fan of Tony Roma's Carolina Honey sauce!

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

I've been enjoying making Gordon Ramsay's BBQ sauce, http://www.aglugofoil.com/2012/10/smoky-pork-sliders-with-barbecue-sauce.html

I also use a ketchup that doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup in it and like having control over the brown sugar I put in. Never have been a fan of the artificial "smoke" flavor.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo