Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs

Platinum Games creative producer Jean Pierre Kellams tweets a confirmation that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is coming to the PC platform. There are no details yet, here is what he says: "I am excited to see Rising hit the PC. BTW - direct all please direct PC MGR questions to @konami. :)" Thanks Joystiq.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 21, 2013, 13:13 Verno

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Metal Gear.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 18, 2013, 22:05 Wolfox

NegaDeath wrote on May 18, 2013, 01:12:
Will the inevitable sequel be called Rerevengeance?

I'd prefer "Deja Vengeance".

32. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 18, 2013, 04:10 Jerykk

Nice to see this coming to PC. Hopefully the port won't be crap. Would be nice if MGS3 and 4 also came to PC. The next Lords of Shadow game is coming to PC and according to SteamDB, the first one is too, so it looks like Konami is starting to pay attention to the PC market.

No, it's actually a desperate attempt to earn back some development costs by making a cheap PC port. This game sold like shit.

Source? And please don't say VGChartz. It's already been repeatedly established that VGChartz pulls numbers out of their ass.

31. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 18, 2013, 01:12 NegaDeath

Will the inevitable sequel be called Rerevengeance?  

30. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 22:14 .Drifter

When getting Vengeance once just isn't enough . . . get it again! Redo your vengeance!
Get . . . Re-Vengeance!

29. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 20:59 RenownWolf

Mmmm.... the people I expected to reply with a huff and puff did. Fun for a tease sometimes =)

Would love to see their new pack with all the MGS games and this come to PC at once.

http://www.renownwolf.com

28. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 20:53 Agent.X7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on May 17, 2013, 19:56:
"Metal Gear Rising colon word" is developed by Platinum games. Other ways they have innovated in the genre include gun shoes and the power slide. Revengeance is totally what they meant to say and that was obvious as soon as they released their metal trailer when it was announced they switched studios, a trailer replete with running on missles and mecha chainsaw dogs.

Can you handle that?

It's good news that something like this is coming to PC. Konami rarely ports anything so really this is a sign of changing attitudes about the PC.

No, it's actually a desperate attempt to earn back some development costs by making a cheap PC port. This game sold like shit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 19:56 Cyanotetyphas

"Metal Gear Rising colon word" is developed by Platinum games. Other ways they have innovated in the genre include gun shoes and the power slide. Revengeance is totally what they meant to say and that was obvious as soon as they released their metal trailer when it was announced they switched studios, a trailer replete with running on missles and mecha chainsaw dogs.

Can you handle that?

It's good news that something like this is coming to PC. Konami rarely ports anything so really this is a sign of changing attitudes about the PC.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

26. Re: More Big Picture Details May 17, 2013, 18:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 17, 2013, 17:23:
HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2013, 16:48:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:57:
Books is not a new word.

Creston

They were all new at sometime grand pa.

It was a joke, genius.

Creston

Oh wow, you got me.

25. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 18:17 Parias

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2013, 15:17:
More to the point is this: Would this be like dropping into a TV-show in the last couple of episodes, knowing fuck-all characters and having no idea what's going on? I mean, I haven't played a single Metal Gear because they were always console titles. Why is this one coming to PC? I'm sincerely happy for the people who couldn't wait for this to happen, though, if there are any?

Playing the prior games isn't required as only a couple of the old characters really appear, but helps with understanding and appreciation of the goofy plot at large. The gameplay is pretty different though and the game pretty much stands on it's own plot-wise.

And MGS1 and 2 both came to PC - although MGS4 (which is the one this game most closely relates to) is still a PS3-only title.

24. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 18:14 Rattlehead

siapnar wrote on May 17, 2013, 17:31:
I've always thought MGS was somewhat based in reality - having not played much of them, mind you.
From what I've seen of this game, it goes straight Anime over-the-top slice n dice.
Seems kind of a slap in the face to MGS fans.. but as I said, I don't know much about the story
Nope, all the MGS games have had over the top anime stories, and although the stealth mechanics are excellent it's not really grounded in reality in any way.

23. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 17:31 siapnar

I've always thought MGS was somewhat based in reality - having not played much of them, mind you.
From what I've seen of this game, it goes straight Anime over-the-top slice n dice.
Seems kind of a slap in the face to MGS fans.. but as I said, I don't know much about the story

I have projectile dysfunction.

22. Re: More Big Picture Details May 17, 2013, 17:23 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2013, 16:48:
Books is not a new word.

Creston

It was a joke, genius.

Creston

21. Re: More Big Picture Details May 17, 2013, 16:48 HorrorScope

Books is not a new word.

Creston

20. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 16:17 Slashman

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2013, 15:44:
Or when the first act of vengeance failed. Rolleyes

Heh heh!

19. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 15:44 Quinn

Or when the first act of vengeance failed. Rolleyes  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 15:23 Yakubs

The only way it would make any sense is if the game's story revolves around someone getting revenge for something someone else did as their own form of vengeance.  

17. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 15:17 Quinn

There's nothing clever about it. Actually, I find it very likely for foreign people who suck in English to think revengeance is actually the right word, by simply being confused by having heard the word 'revenge' and 'vengeance' in almost the same context. Other than that I find it a word that I could've made up when I was 15 years old and feeling extremely awesome for playing Neverwinter Nights with my cousin for 20 hours on end.
"Don't worry Steve! I'll have revengeance on that Crag Cat!"
"Revengeance haha so awesome!"
"I know right haha :D"

Oh well.. I actually don't give a shit about the title tbh.

More to the point is this: Would this be like dropping into a TV-show in the last couple of episodes, knowing fuck-all characters and having no idea what's going on? I mean, I haven't played a single Metal Gear because they were always console titles. Why is this one coming to PC? I'm sincerely happy for the people who couldn't wait for this to happen, though, if there are any?

PS: Yes, LightAssassin, the Blues community somehow brings our inner jaded, whining crackwhore to the surface.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 15:00 Wolfox

I think "revengeance" is actually very clever. It fuses revenge and vengeance into a single word, emphasizing their shared meaning (a sort of "pleonastic portmanteau", if you will), and it's brilliant as far as SEO goes - if you google "revengeance", 95% of the hits will be about the game, and 5% will be people complaining about how "stupid" the word is and all that, I guess.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game on PC. It looks great, and I've heard great things about it.

15. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 14:12 Yosemite Sam

With the totally fucked up copyright laws somebody probably owns vengeance, so they slapped an re in front of it, which doesn't really work because it's a noun and not a verb... still, nitpicking over a name, seriously?

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo