Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rising Storm Preorders

Steam News announces that preorders are now underway for Rising Storm, the next installment in Tripwire Interactive's Red Orchestra series of military first-person shooters. Preorders come at a 15% discount and entitles purchasers to join the game's beta. There's an even bigger discount for owners of Red Orchestra 2, who will get an additional 25% off. Here's word on the game:

Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm goes to the Pacific Theater, adding more features, new levels, new weapons and new factions. The game will allow the player to fight across iconic locations from the famous island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945, as the US Army and Marine Corps fight it out with the Imperial Japanese army and Special Naval Landing Forces. Players will experience beach assaults, jungle fighting, close quarters night fighting and more across Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Saipan, among other iconic battles. The player is able to take the part of either side American or Japanese battling it out online in multiplayer on up to 64-player servers.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 18, 2013, 19:08 Aero

Has the AI improved in RO? I pre-oredered RO2, and though I spent a decent amount of time with the original RO, I felt pretty lost. I like to play with the AI to get my bearings, explore, and geta feel for what's going on. That never really worked ou in RO2 because the AI was so attrocious. Added to its other failings (after release, I put it down and kind of forget about it after a couple weeks), but the Pacific theater is very promising. I can't quite get into the eastern front for some reason. If the improvements have continued (and, at least indicated by how frequently it is (or was) updated, I have hopes for this one. Maybe I'll bight. It's such a great concept, but someone the initial release of RO2 just didn't do it for me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 17:42 Overon

I'm fairly sure Tripwire stated they would add additional tanks to RO2 but they don't appear they will do that.  

16. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 17:22 edaciousx

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 17, 2013, 14:33:
So I guess by now it's a givin that Tripwire has gave up on adding vehicles to the game, that sucks.

wait what? Which game? To rising storm? Vehicles Are in RO2...? Sorry, I don't follow you.

15. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 17:05 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:32:
Dacron wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:25:
Huh, just pre-ordered Rising Storm.

I got Red Orchestra 2 as well, error or intended?
Not an error according to the Steam page, you also get some TF2 hats
I guess you've ordered the DDE ?

I did, and re-reading the description it makes sense, I thought it was a good price just for Rising Storm (amazing game btw). Great deal, but 43gb for both games !!!!

14. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 14:33 Yosemite Sam

So I guess by now it's a givin that Tripwire has gave up on adding vehicles to the game, that sucks.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:44 RaZ0r!

SpectralMeat wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:18:
Never mind I did not realize this achievement is for RO2 not for Rising Storm. I do have it anyways so that means I do not need to preorder the DDE, even with the regular edition I will get the 4 extra guns correct?

That's the way I read it.

12. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:43 KTR

So if you buy Rising Storm, you also get access to all of RO2's multiplayer, but not single player. RO2 owners get access to all of Rising Storms multiplayer, but can only play the riflemen class and cannot level up.  

11. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:32 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:25:

Not an error according to the Steam page, you also get some TF2 hats
I guess you've ordered the DDE ?

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:25 Dacron

9. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:18 SpectralMeat

Never mind I did not realize this achievement is for RO2 not for Rising Storm. I do have it anyways so that means I do not need to preorder the DDE, even with the regular edition I will get the 4 extra guns correct?  

8. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:08 SpectralMeat

RaZ0r! wrote on May 17, 2013, 13:04:
If you don't order the DDE, then you must have the 'In B4 Reset' achievement in RO2 to receive the early unlocks. Also, having the 'In B4 Reset' achievement is the only way to get 2X XP for the first two weeks.
Ok so what is so hard about getting that achievement? I thought everyone that preorders the game and plays the beta will get that since your levels will be reset.
Unless I am missing something

7. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 13:04 RaZ0r!

If you don't order the DDE, then you must have the 'In B4 Reset' achievement in RO2 to receive the early unlocks. Also, having the 'In B4 Reset' achievement is the only way to get 2X XP for the first two weeks.  

6. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 12:28 SpectralMeat

Techie714 wrote on May 17, 2013, 11:45:
@Spectral Meat
I totally agree but if I recall correctly the digital deluxe version of RO2 included the MKb42 Assault Rifle day 1 unlock. That gun is insanely accurate, fast, & deadly as hell (borderline OP)..lol. I spent at LEAST 120 hours just trying to unlock that 1 gun....Then stopped playing...LOL. I dont want to go through all that again IF one of those day 1 unlocks is a really good gun..lol.
Well that is the part I am a little confused with. According to their forum:

"Rising Storm is going to be available for pre-purchase very soon, via the Steam store page, with the Base version of the game at these prices: 19.99 USD/ 17.99 EUR/ 14.99 GBP/ 399 RUB.

You can also buy the Rising Storm Steam Digital Deluxe Edition, which adds the following extras:
Day 1 Unlock of the US M12 Trench Shotgun, Japanese Type 99 LMG, Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2) and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).
2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor - Ricky Vegas and Hayako Tanaka.
The Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.
AND all the upgrades for the RO2 Digital Deluxe Edition (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 characters in KF, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2)
The Steam DDE is priced at 29.99 USD/ 24.99 EUR/ 19.99 GBP/ 499 RUB.

Discounts and specials:
Pre-purchasing Rising Storm (Base or DDE) will grant immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta (note that experience earned in the Beta will NOT carry over to the released version).
There will be a 15% discount off the pricing during the pre-purchase period
All existing RO2 owners get an additional 25% discount off Rising Storm (Base or DDE; does NOT apply to a later upgrade from Base RS to DDE)
And last, but by no means least, all those early purchasers of RO2 who earned the "In B4 Reset" Achievement will get all the Day 1 unlocks for Rising Storm (4 weapons) PLUS a 2X multiplier on experience points earned during the first 2 weeks after release.
"

So to me it seems like DD or regular version everyone that preorders gets the 4 weapons, unless if I misunderstood their post.

5. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 11:45 Techie714

@Spectral Meat
I totally agree but if I recall correctly the digital deluxe version of RO2 included the MKb42 Assault Rifle day 1 unlock. That gun is insanely accurate, fast, & deadly as hell (borderline OP)..lol. I spent at LEAST 120 hours just trying to unlock that 1 gun....Then stopped playing...LOL. I dont want to go through all that again IF one of those day 1 unlocks is a really good gun..lol.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 11:32 SpectralMeat

Techie714 wrote on May 17, 2013, 11:29:
Digital Deluxe Pre-ordered last night. I figured I have close to 200 hours in RO2 so yea I'm in..
I was thinking about that too but it looks like you get a bunch of stuff for Killing Floor and not a huge step forward from the basic game in terms of extras.
I know it is only $5 difference but still
I don't play KF anymore, not much fun in solo

3. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 11:29 Techie714

Digital Deluxe Pre-ordered last night. I figured I have close to 200 hours in RO2 so yea I'm in..  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 10:43 RaZ0r!

You get some extra stuff if you have the 'In B4 Reset' achievement as well.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=90351

I ended up with 40% off, so the regular version was $11.99 for me, and the Digital Deluxe version was $17.99.

What a steal for a such a great game!

1. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 09:23 SpectralMeat

That extra 25% off is on top of the 15% so if you own RO2 you get this game for 40% off. Comes to $11 or so.
I think I will get it as the price is good and I did enjoy RO2.
Tripwire deserves all the support imo.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo