Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold

An interview with Christofer Sundberg on Edge Online talks about Avalanche Studios' upcoming plans, which are mostly vague, though they are positively forthcoming about most topics in comparison to the silent response to questions about a possible Mad Max game. The most detailed tidbit is the follow-up to the teaser image they posted at the end of February, which was not Just Cause 3, as speculated, but instead was for an unannounced steampunk game. And showing how fast-paced the world of game development can be, he explains that this game has gone from being teased to being on hold in just 10 weeks: "They were from a steampunk-style game we had in development that we put on ice. I really love that art style, and to combine it with sandbox gameplay is a dream of mine. Fortunately, being an independent developer I can control my own destiny and we’ll make something in that world sooner or later." Thanks Destructoid.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 23:28 siapnar

Just Cause 3 will be amazing. It's practically guaranteed.

And if Avalance have learned anything from the MP beta that's been on for JC2 (which they have), there will be an MP component in JC3

This Steampunk or Mad Max idea sounds very interesting as well

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 22:06 Slashman

I dunno. I don't think that people are so burned out on Just Cause games that a sequel wouldn't be welcomed.

If a game series keeps improving and has great gameplay, I don't think people mind sequels. It's usually when a series is clearly stagnating and offering nothing new that people ask for new IPs.

3. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 15:30 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on May 16, 2013, 10:47:
Will you please just make Just Cause 3 already?

Creston

One of the many who complains often about a lack of new original IP. Begs dev for sequels. Can't make this shit up folks.

2. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 14:20 Moog

Creston wrote on May 16, 2013, 10:47:
and it had better have co-op gameplay!!!

1. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 10:47 Creston

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo