Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GRID 2 Trailer; Track List

VG247 has a track list for GRID 2, a surprisingly large list of 82 tracks (counting preorder bonus tracks) in the game. Also, this trailer from Codemasters Racing shows off Asian cars and locations in the upcoming racing sequel, along with some Asian-style racing competition, if you catch our drift. Here's word:

Racers earn points for style and form in Drift events on steep and aggressive mountain roads filled with hairpins inspired by Okutama in Japan. Open Road racing is represented with Touge events in Hong Kong, where players must close the gap and take their chance to pass in one-on-one, contactless sprints.

The Street Racing category is showcased in Dubai, as cars power down highways and speed past stunning skyscrapers in this distinctive city fuelled by petrol-powered wealth. Track Racing is shown at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, one of the most advanced and thrilling dedicated racing circuits in the world which has played host to a wide range of motorsport up to the very highest level.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 16, 2013, 04:31 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2013, 19:14:
82 tracks is kind of crazy. Most people will be lucky to learn a dozen.

The original played much better with a wheel, IMO.

This. The original was a joy to play with all drive assists off, and a force/feedback wheel. I doubt they really redid the physics/handling unless they want to lose a core audience, but there is no way Im getting this if it turns out to be a Need for Speed in Grid clothing...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 19:20 Quboid

"Asian-style racing competition, if you catch our drift."

Oh, you...

- Quboid

11. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 19:14 jdreyer

82 tracks is kind of crazy. Most people will be lucky to learn a dozen.

The original played much better with a wheel, IMO.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 12:21 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on May 15, 2013, 12:11:

Well, of course not. Everyone knows that that's Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Creston
I like that game a lot. I agree though it would be better and easier to play with a steering wheel.
I just don't like to set the wheel up and tear it down every time I want to use it. If I were playing more racing games it would make more sense to leave it setup all the time.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 12:13 MisterBenn

I don't think I ever played the first GRID and I agree that me and my wheel should wait for something else. The last good racer for me was Shift 1 with the overhaul mod, that had good presentation and feeling of speed along with good enough physical to replay a lot. It's a shame the menus were so fiddly and the game modes were a bit lacking really.

I was never that fussed about online racing. What I really want from a racer outside of physics and a career mode, is a party mode that lets friends compete against each other on a single track. Between races list the best times and let the next player select their control scheme preset and which ghost to race against. Some games let you approximate this in a manual way but with guests who don't know the game there should be a friendly screen to make it all foolproof.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

8. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 12:11 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 15, 2013, 12:00:
So while it may be an enjoyable game do not expect that this will be the best game to use your G25 wheel with.

Well, of course not. Everyone knows that that's Euro Truck Simulator 2.

(I'll also accept Snuggle Truck as a worthy entry.)

Creston

7. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 12:08 Optional nickname

Happy Anniversary, GT! (GT6 confirmed for PS3 this fall)

Grid 2, is going to be a corporate letdown, it's the norm nowadays. moving right along.

6. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 12:00 SpectralMeat

I also saw comments from people playing the preview build that this is not really a steering wheel game it is more for the controller.
So while it may be an enjoyable game do not expect that this will be the best game to use your G25 wheel with.

5. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 11:42 Creston

Wasn't that quite the same in the first GRID, though? I remember turning pretty much every street race into a drift race in my BOSS and still coming out ahead of everyone else (which isn't how it should work.)

Grid seemed very much on the arcadey side of the spectrum for me?

Creston

4. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 11:32 MisterBenn

There are a few gameplay videos on YouTube, I looked a couple up since my G25 has been gathering dust for a while. The physics are definitely at the arcadey end of the scale, you have incredible tyre grip and you can correct huge mistakes during corners without mishap. On one vid a guy overshoots a fast corner on to grass and gets round the corner anyway, only losing a small amount of ground on the guy ahead, it seems quite hard to crash out. Also there's no cockpit view, having said that there is a decent bonnet cam and I always got on well with those.

Unless there are some options in there for more sim style handling then this one will probably satisfy more for action rather than simulation, but the presentation is great and there's lots of content so it's probably not impossible to enjoy.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

3. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 11:24 Creston

I'm definitely looking forward to this, and I actually loved the drift races in Grid, so I'm glad they're bringing those back.

2 more weeks! *squeeeee*

Creston

2. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 09:56 SpectralMeat

I broke down and bought this from GMG
Does anyone know why it says release date May 30? Did they change the release date again? I thought it was coming out next Tuesday May 21 here in NA.
Edit: May28 not 21, then the 30th makes sense for EU

This comment was edited on May 15, 2013, 10:03.

1. Re: GRID 2 Trailer; Track List May 15, 2013, 09:24 InBlack

Looking forward to this game, as long as they kept the physics and handling on par with the last game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo