Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2013, 14:45 dj LiTh

For anyone interested here's the deffinitive site for hackintosh's [url=]http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php[/url]  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2013, 12:05 Alamar

Isn't a Hackintosh a budget PC by nature?

Edit: On another note.. I stopped reading the article just about right away ' A 21" iMac looks like a prop in a science fiction movie, but it's glued together like an iPad, and if you want to add more memory or replace a failed hard disk, that's just too bad.'

Replacing a HD is a hassle, but adding more memory? Easier than with a case... Open a panel on the bottom, shove in a stick, boot, and good to go... Not hard with a case, but having to pull the whole case off, get around some wires in very often too-tight spacing, then pressing so hard you're sure you're about to snap it, or the MB that's bending underneath, I'll take the iMac route (for this one specific thing).

-Alamar

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 15, 2013, 11:28 TurdFergasun

Have had a hackintosh c2q build running solid since snow leopard was released. (10.6x)4ish years now i think. best home computer I've ever built for people that were mostly computer illiterate. Dual boot via chameleon either xp or osx with an OS prompt right after POST. Your biggest concerns are really your motherboard choice and video card for apple compatibility which can be sussed out with the Osx86 wiki page. Other than that, combine a bootloader called Kakewalk with a few hours reading up on the install process for your particular hardware and the install ends up almost as easy as installing Win7. Who wants a mac pro for a ridiculously reasonable price?  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo