Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil Revelations Demo

Steam News announces the release of the promised playable demo for Resident Evil Revelations:

Horror fans will soon be able to get a taste of Resident Evil Revelations with today’s release of a downloadable demo on Steam.

Acting on orders from the BSAA director, the demo will see players infiltrating the cruise ship ‘Queen Zenobia’ as Jill Valentine and attempt to rescue missing fellow BSAA members Chris Redfield and Jessica Sherawat whose last known location pinpointed them onboard.

Gamers will be able to experience the full game when Resident Evil Revelations releases on in North America on May 21 and across Europe on May 24.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 16, 2013, 01:07 Jerykk

Tried out the demo for a bit on the highest difficulty. Pretty good challenge, though some of that is due to the wonky mouse controls. Basically, if you try to make slow and subtle movements while aiming, the game doesn't detect them at all. It's like the game still has the deadzone carried over from the 3DS version or something.

Also, enemies can't go through doors. Theoretically, this would make the game really easy except you're forced to fight them because they're big and the corridors are very narrow, so running past isn't an option in many cases.

Based on the demo, I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale for $15 or less.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 15, 2013, 08:58 MattyC

I haven't enjoyed a RE game since Resident Evil 4, but if they are willing to release a demo I will give it a go.  

8. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 15, 2013, 06:31 Julio

Since it's on Steam, it will go on sale - cheap  

7. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 15, 2013, 04:15 bigspender

So I presssed the space bar and you'll never guess what it was bound to.

FUCKING 180degree instant rotation.

Uninstalled.

Will RE ever reach the greatness of the original or atleast RE4 ever again?

PS the GFX are look worse that RE5 and probably RE4. The FOV is about 30 .

6. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 22:33 Wallshadows

Six hours isn't too bad but it depends on how well he is familiar with the game. It would put it in the same neighborhood as RE4 and 5 as far as speed run is concerned but if that's the time after your first or second play-through then it'll easily be one of the shortest RE games which is what I feared since you can only jam so much content in to a GBA cartridge...

I'll buy it but definitely waiting for a hefty sale...

5. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 22:32 Fantaz

Rattlehead wrote on May 14, 2013, 19:58:
Played it twice, it's pretty ridiculous they are asking $50 for this. RE6 is only $40, and it's not a handheld game either that's been out a year either.

hmmm, $50 for a Nintendo 3DS port that's $40 when it first came out and around $20-$30 right now?

4. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 22:23 Rattlehead

My roommate beat it on 3DS around 6 hours.  

3. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 21:03 Wallshadows

How long do you figure the overall campaign is? Two hours? Four hours?  

2. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 19:58 Rattlehead

Played it twice, it's pretty ridiculous they are asking $50 for this. RE6 is only $40, and it's not a handheld game either that's been out a year either.  

1. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 19:58 Kosumo

What the fuck is a demo? Is this some new hip thing?  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo