Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack

Gearbox Software announces the release of The Psycho Pack add-on for Borderlands 2 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, adding Krieg the Psycho, a new Psycho Bandit vault hunter for the role-playing shooter sequel. They offer a launch trailer where Sir Hammerlock introduces us to Krieg, and here's word:

Krieg arrives today! Check out the newest playable Vault Hunter for Borderlands 2, the Psycho Bandit, in the video above as Sir Hammerlock explains all of Krieg's mad and marvelous abilities, skills and powers.

The Psycho Pack add-on for Borderlands 2 is now available on Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Marketplace), PC / Mac (Steam) and PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Store - North America) at 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99 -- look for Krieg to be available in the European PlayStation Store when it updates on May 15.

The Borderlands 2 Season Pass, which bundles four campaign add-ons and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack at a discount, does not include additional characters like Gaige the Mechromancer or Krieg the Psycho.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 15, 2013, 12:04 Creston

durandal wrote on May 15, 2013, 01:20:
The tedious and unexciting gunplay (difficulty of which strongly bases on the character level) doesn't help it neither.

I like that it's in there because it can help you to get through a fight that's otherwise plain impossible, but it scales up and down waaaaaaay too quickly. Something that's two levels higher than you on a scale of 1-50 (or 1-61 as it is now) shouldn't be able to just wipe you out in two shots.

Ultimate vault hunter mode is actually a lot of fun because everything is simply 1-2 levels higher or lower than you, and they quite massively up the amount of baddies. It's just too bad you gotta play 100+ hours per character to get them to UVHM.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 15, 2013, 08:48 Verno

Agreed, the Borderlands formula is wearing thin for me in general.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 15, 2013, 01:20 durandal

I doubt I would have any interest in doing another playthrough.

Me neither. While the game certainly looks pretty and original for an FPS, what you actually do in the game is pretty boring and takes no skill/tactical thinking whatsoever. "kill X amount of A". Rinse and repeat. The tedious and unexciting gunplay (difficulty of which strongly bases on the character level) doesn't help it neither. It really feels like playing a MMO.
Compared to this, I much prefer Rage. At least the shooter aspect was satisfying in that game.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 23:15 Heffro

I bought all the DLC to Borderlands 2, but it is really worth it to me, it's one of my favorite games in a long time. I will be playing it for quite awhile.

BTW, nice post dude, Talking Heads Stop Making Sense is legendary...I love that shit!

15. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 22:35 Alamar

HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2013, 18:15:
DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2013, 17:03:
I haven't finished the first playthrough and I doubt I would have any interest in doing another playthrough.

$10 for a new character seems a little high.

Neverwinter wants $40 for their high end mount... The only thing new it does is moves 60% faster, no other skills.

If you are big time into BL2, $10 isn't so bad. Is this free for those with a season pass?

Justifying something over priced with something else that is over priced is a logical fallacy : )

Though I agree that if you're 'big time into BL2' the price is fine...

I loved the first, but couldn't get into the second much, so no DLC for me, unless the whole pack is like $5; I can wait the year(s).

-Alamar

14. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 20:10 ViRGE

I haven't finished the first playthrough and I doubt I would have any interest in doing another playthrough.

Neverwinter wants $40 for their high end mount... The only thing new it does is moves 60% faster, no other skills.

If you are big time into BL2, $10 isn't so bad. Is this free for those with a season pass?
No. The Season Pass is only the 4 content expansions; it doesn't include the new characters.

"The Borderlands 2 Season Pass, which bundles four campaign add-ons and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack at a discount, does not include additional characters like Gaige the Mechromancer or Krieg the Psycho."

13. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 19:42 DangerDog

not in season pass, but it should be.

12. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 19:18 s1mon75

I cant justify paying to win for a single player game. Online, competitive on the other hand ...

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 18:52 Cutter

Brumbek wrote on May 14, 2013, 18:40:
Cutter wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:58:
Psycho killer ques que c'est....
"I hate people when they're not polite!" (Everyone must immediately watch this, the great music show evar.)

If Kreig spouted random Talking Heads lyrics I'd be very inclined to play as him. As is, paying anything over a few dollars for a new character? LOLNO.

Hah! Love that vid! Sheer brillance!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 18:40 Brumbek

Cutter wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:58:
"I hate people when they're not polite!" (Everyone must immediately watch this, the great music show evar.)

If Kreig spouted random Talking Heads lyrics I'd be very inclined to play as him. As is, paying anything over a few dollars for a new character? LOLNO.

9. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 18:28 Flatline

10 for a new character?

Yeah pass.

8. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 18:22 PHJF

It isn't in the pass. I paid $10 for the pass and $5 for mechro.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 18:22 nin

Is this free for those with a season pass?

Nope.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 18:15 HorrorScope

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 17:07 eternal

Creston wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:59:
I'll pick it up when it's on sale. 10 bucks for a character? No.

This. You said it first and you said it best. $10 for a character, PULEASE!

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 17:04 nin

The fire tree looks fun, but like Creston I'll wait for $5...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 17:03 DangerDog

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 16:59 Creston

Weird character. His bloodlust tree seems very detached from the other two (which DO have a lot of synergy in between the two of them). Saw video of a dev playing him in TVHM (aka medium diff) at level 50, and while he was dishing out good damage, he was going down like crazy (though the actual deaths were edited out, of course.)

I'll pick it up when it's on sale. 10 bucks for a character? No.

Creston

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 16:58 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo