Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anno Online Open Beta

Ubisoft announces that Anno Online is now in open beta for players in North America and "and all English speaking countries," offering a crack at this "browser-based world-building strategy game that challenges players to build and manage a medieval kingdom and trading empire." The game is free-to-play and requires use of a new or existing Uplay account (also free). Word is closed beta accounts are carrying into the open beta with no wipes, suggesting this may be a soft launch with no further wipes going forward, though this is not explicitly stated. They also are giving closed beta participants special statues and offering them a special premium ship with enhanced speed and cargo capacity if they join the open beta during the first week.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 15, 2013, 08:30 Optional Nickname!

Fibrocyte wrote on May 14, 2013, 20:52:
Is 1404 better than 2070?

With many hours of 1404 + Venice logged I looked forward to 2070.

2070 at first glance looks busy and tedious. The color palettes are unappealing and the UI is intrusive and cluttered. I would also say the art direction took a very bad turn as there is precious little whimsy or loving detail that 1404 is absolutely saturated with.

1404, if you like many layered city building, resource managing games, is probably one of the best yet. 2070, not so much as it is more gloomy and pessimistic, this includes the nickle and dime DLC which is entirely anti-fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 20:52 Fibrocyte

Is 1404 better than 2070?  

8. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 18:34 Brumbek

This is just a lame rip-off of Anno 1404 with much less detail, less freedom, and forced micro-transactions if you want to expand.

If anyone thinks this looks interesting, just go buy Anno 1404, which is an absolutely brilliant city builder/economic sim sadly not available on Steam anymore since Ubisoft messed up the patching.

I say this about Anno 1404 after putting 300 hours into it and making an Unofficial Patch that fixes about 10,000 things.

7. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 15:20 MattyC

It seems very limited. I guess I was still in the tutorial section, but it was still forcing me to use prespecified building locations a reasonable bit in.  

6. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 14:55 Fibrocyte

Slayblaze wrote on May 14, 2013, 13:58:
Ubi/Blue Byte's own Settlers Online is better (much better) than Anno, at least at this stage in Anno's development. The only thing I like more about Anno than Settlers is the slightly superior updated engine being used. If they could port that over to Settlers it would be a win/win for Blue Byte.

Thx for the tip on Settlers Online.

5. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:58 Slayblaze

Ubi/Blue Byte's own Settlers Online is better (much better) than Anno, at least at this stage in Anno's development. The only thing I like more about Anno than Settlers is the slightly superior updated engine being used. If they could port that over to Settlers it would be a win/win for Blue Byte.  

4. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:31 fawker

Dawn of Discovery offers more here, for a pay once price. The only online component so far is just a chat box on the screen. When I checked it out there was a heated discussion about the US welfare system.

Once things start slowing down as you progress they expect you to get your wallet out.

3. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:27 MattyC

Creston wrote on May 14, 2013, 13:07:
It's free. All you're out of is a few hours of spare time.

Creston

Yes, but some F2P games are really more 'F2P but not really, you have to pay to do pretty much anything after the start'. Age of Empires Online was like that (at least at first, they may have changed it later).

2. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:07 Creston

It's free. All you're out of is a few hours of spare time.

Creston

1. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:05 Omni

Anyone know if it is it worth trying ?  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo