Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Turning One

Blizzard announces that tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the release of Diablo III, their action/RPG sequel. The game has had its ups and downs over its first year, claiming the biggest PC game launch in history followed by 12 months of scrambling to better align the game with player expectations, resulting in changes to its difficulty level, items, co-op, and more. They are celebrating the game's birthday by requesting players send them birthday greetings, saying they will retweet the best of them, though the worst of them might make for some entertaining reading as well.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 10:20 nin

Jay Wilson never played Diablo II or even looked at why the game was a success.

Fuck That Loser.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 10:18 Ozmodan

The loot drops were the number one problem. When you get rare items, at least 10 levels below your own, it is depressing to say the least. And the chance for a legendary drop were so tiny as to be nonexistent.

Jay Wilson never played Diablo II or even looked at why the game was a success. I will make it a point to avoid any title he is associated with in the future.

6. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 10:16 ItBurn

Verno wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:51:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:15:
So depressing... was really looking forward to a great D3. Here is to hoping an expansion makes it worth acquiring...

I think an expansion could really turn the game around. The new producer seems to get it more than Jay Wilson whose robotic approach to development made the game feel very shallow, not to mention his weird antagonism of the community. Unfortunately he's forced to deal with many design decisions that you can't really resolve with a small patch.

The auction houses are a bit of a problem though, in a game all about loot collection you can't really have perfect rolls of every item front and center, it diminishes the drops you do find and makes everyone seek the top percentile loot while ignoring many potential upgrades.

I have faith that an expansion could fix the game. Getting good items seems somewhat fixed now from what I heard, but there's still no character progression. Namely, putting points in skills to make them better, so that you can play the way you want to and have multiple characters of the same class.

5. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:51 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:15:
So depressing... was really looking forward to a great D3. Here is to hoping an expansion makes it worth acquiring...

I think an expansion could really turn the game around. The new producer seems to get it more than Jay Wilson whose robotic approach to development made the game feel very shallow, not to mention his weird antagonism of the community. Unfortunately he's forced to deal with many design decisions that you can't really resolve with a small patch.

The auction houses are a bit of a problem though, in a game all about loot collection you can't really have perfect rolls of every item front and center, it diminishes the drops you do find and makes everyone seek the top percentile loot while ignoring many potential upgrades.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:16 InBlack

Happy birthday to the most deformed child to ever fall out of Blizzards vagina! Best wishes, and heres hoping that they put it out of its misery before it turns two!  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:15 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:08 nin

The game has had its ups and downs over its first year

Mostly downs.

though the worst of them might make for some entertaining reading as well.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:08 Darks

To many downs, not enough substance and too much DRM.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo