Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale

Metro Last Light is due for release in North America tomorrow, and reviews have started showing up for 4AGames' first-person shooter sequel. The PC version currently boasts an 82 metascore based on 24 critic reviews (naturally there are no user reviews yet). There's still a chance to get the preorder bonuses (the Ranger Mode DLC pack, a digital comic, and a copy of the Metro 2033 novel) and Dealzon has a coupon code for the game on Steam by way of Green Man Gaming that brings the price to $37.50, a 25% savings. Finally, there is a post on DSOGaming explaining how to force the supposedly DirectX10/11 title in DirectX 9 and how to turn of auto-aim, which is on by default even in the PC version, with no menu option to disable it. They also note that there seems to be no way to change the game's default Field of View. Thanks Acleacius.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:54 Parallax Abstraction

netnerd85 wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:06:
Yosemite Sam wrote on May 13, 2013, 20:52:
TB says
That guy is a douche of the most first class douches.

He also knows his shit. And well, the irony of you posting that is thick indeed.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:52 Overon

Was the 360 their target platform so no need for gui FOV settings and gui auto aim settings? Or just laziness? As long as you can turn off autoaim via configuration files, but the FOV, that's just unacceptable.

The ranger mode is bullshit. I have read reviews that say that game is too easy and they have reviewed it under the default difficulty. I bet the community will figure out how to hack the FOV, how to enable ranger mode in no preorders, if they don't then the crackers will at least figure out the ranger mode.

11. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:51 Mad Max RW

jacobvandy wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:34:
Mad Max RW wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:24:
Widescreen monitors with a locked narrow FOV is unplayable for me.

He says, with no idea of what the FOV actually is... Only that it is not able to be easily changed.

I know exactly what the FOV is you assumptive fuck. The original and this one use a vertical measurement for the FOV which roughly equals 65-70 degrees. On a widescreen monitor anything under 90 is virtually unplayable. 80 is pushing it. 70 is garbage. That's fine for television screens at a distance but not widescreen LCD computer monitors. At least with the original you can simply edit the value in a few config files.

10. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:41 Prez

I LOVED the first one. An underrated gem, that one. I am disappointed with the locked FOV and autoaim, but those will be fixed by the community and I will get it. It just boggles the mind that devs are STILL making these mistakes after all this time.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:34 jacobvandy

Mad Max RW wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:24:
Widescreen monitors with a locked narrow FOV is unplayable for me.

He says, with no idea of what the FOV actually is... Only that it is not able to be easily changed.

8. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:26 netnerd85

nin wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:15:
$37.50 is a little too good to pass up...
Nah... lower. Many times now I've purchases new games at $25ish from GMG, so... that is my now expected price, because I'm cheap

7. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:24 Mad Max RW

And just like the previous I will wait for a >$5 sale. By then people will hopefully once again figure out a FOV fix. If not I will skip it entirely. Widescreen monitors with a locked narrow FOV is unplayable for me.  

6. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:15 nin

$37.50 is a little too good to pass up...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:06 netnerd85

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 13, 2013, 20:52:
TB says
That guy is a douche of the most first class douches.

4. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 20:52 Yosemite Sam

Heh, TB says it brought his SLI Titans machine to its knees (well with SSAA on) and is the best looking game hes played yet. Also says it's the best FPS of the year so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWimz-duun8&list=ELMsouMUCE-B8

This comment was edited on May 13, 2013, 20:58.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

3. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 20:50 mag

Yeah. There we go from hotly-anticipated to never-buy, unless the FOV gets fixed.  

2. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 20:43 Cutter

What kind of happy horseshit is this? Oh well, bargain bin then.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 20:21 eRe4s3r

Ah, the trainwreck that is this title unravels.. no FOV option, idiotic pre-order bonus, PAY to unlock a game-mode that's just some changed variables and less hud, no way to tune options in menu, and their great DX11 path is nothing but a DX11 extension of an DX9 engine, not a real DX11 engine.

meh!

Also.. CONSOLE CLONE (bahahahaa)

By the way, no fov option means I won't buy this even on a sale. Developers who think they can intentionally make a potion of their customers SICK (aka, ILL) deserve nothing but hate!

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo