Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale

Metro Last Light is due for release in North America tomorrow, and reviews have started showing up for 4AGames' first-person shooter sequel. The PC version currently boasts an 82 metascore based on 24 critic reviews (naturally there are no user reviews yet). There's still a chance to get the preorder bonuses (the Ranger Mode DLC pack, a digital comic, and a copy of the Metro 2033 novel) and Dealzon has a coupon code for the game on Steam by way of Green Man Gaming that brings the price to $37.50, a 25% savings. Finally, there is a post on DSOGaming explaining how to force the supposedly DirectX10/11 title in DirectX 9 and how to turn of auto-aim, which is on by default even in the PC version, with no menu option to disable it. They also note that there seems to be no way to change the game's default Field of View. Thanks Acleacius.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 17, 2013, 23:27 xXBatmanXx

How come I feel this was an issue in the first game?........wouldn't have it figured out by now or what?  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 13:23 mag

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2013, 12:29:
mag wrote on May 14, 2013, 02:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:33:
19 purchases 0 issues

(also i fixed my GMG store checkout issues, was on my end.. bah)

I've only made one GMG purchase, and it went through and all, but my CC company did contact me very quickly about a potentially fraudulent use of my card. And they've never said a word about what on paper would seem sketchy uses (various other international purchases online, purchases in other countries with no warning or other connection). So I'm not sure what makes GMG seem so sketchy to banks.

I think they assume that any site with "gaming" in it is related to gambling. GMG is also based in the UK. If you've never bought anything from the UK before, it's not surprising that banks would consider it suspicious.

I hadn't thought about the potential connection to gambling. That seems quite possible.

51. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 12:51 Creston

JayDeath wrote on May 14, 2013, 08:09:
Yeah, GMG picked up where GoGamer.com left off. Their sales are really fantastic.

I miss gogamer. They were awesome.

Creston

50. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 12:29 Jerykk

19 purchases 0 issues

I've only made one GMG purchase, and it went through and all, but my CC company did contact me very quickly about a potentially fraudulent use of my card. And they've never said a word about what on paper would seem sketchy uses (various other international purchases online, purchases in other countries with no warning or other connection). So I'm not sure what makes GMG seem so sketchy to banks.

I think they assume that any site with "gaming" in it is related to gambling. GMG is also based in the UK. If you've never bought anything from the UK before, it's not surprising that banks would consider it suspicious.

49. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 10:22 Frijoles

Anonymous wrote on May 14, 2013, 03:13:
I feel just as frustrated as you about the auto aim.

Luckily auto aim can be disabled in the config file.

48. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 09:09 Verno

I liked the first game overall but agree with others that it was quite clunky and I didn't like the ammo currency system at all. Not sure I'm dying to revisit it as this seems quite close to the original.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

47. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 08:46 nin

JayDeath wrote on May 14, 2013, 08:09:
Yeah, GMG picked up where GoGamer.com left off. Their sales are really fantastic.

Yep, got my key instantly last night and plugged it in. Game was already unlocked when I got up this morning. Nice deal!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

46. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 08:45 McSterls

What is this a UbiSoft release? Pass, maybe after some modder fixes this and it's 10 bucks I'll pick it up.  

45. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 08:09 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

44. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 07:10 Mad Max RW

19 purchases 0 issues

The same thing happened to me last year. Apparently it's a common thing with GMG and nothing to worry about.

43. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 06:49 PHJF

You do know that several members here have been buying from GMG for a while, right? I've never heard them say anything bad about the experience.

I had a debit card compromised a couple years ago and I'd used GMG. The only websites I'd used that card for were Amazon, Newegg, and GMG.

I still use GMG because hey a deal's a deal, but I pay thru paypal.

Anyways I found Metro to be just too clunky and awkward. I didn't think it looked particularly good (worse shades of brown syndrome than an id game) and it ran terribly. STALKER was all kinds of better.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

42. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 04:59 Quinn

Graphically over-ambitious games tend to rub me the wrong way. Maybe that's because I won't be able to play on MAX settings, even with my rather new rig, yet the game design is made to be played on max settings for the best feel of atmosphere. Makes me highly demotivated to buy/play such games. Never played Crysis 3 past the middle of the first map.

Prolly wait a few years for these kinda games to play, after another upgrade.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 04:52 eRe4s3r

Heh.. this is why I do all my international business via paypal. CC companies and banks can't track where you buy or sell or donate.... and my paypal account is about 3 times more secure than my banking (all 3 passcodes my bank uses combined are not even 10% of my paypal password strength (my bank uses numbers only for everything) ;p  

40. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 03:20 Prez

Anonymous wrote on May 14, 2013, 03:13:
I feel just as frustrated as you about the auto aim. I thought that bullshit stopped when the xbox 360/ps3 came out. What kind of jackass wants to sit there and just push a button?

Well, if it's an Awesome Button...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

39. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 03:13 Lit_Reflex001

I feel just as frustrated as you about the auto aim. I thought that bullshit stopped when the xbox 360/ps3 came out. What kind of jackass wants to sit there and just push a button?  

38. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 03:11 Cutter

It's because they're overseas. Whenever I make an overseas purchase it flags my account. Once or twice MC has actually even called me and asked if I made said purchase. I had to tell them to put GMG on a safelist and it hasn't been an issue since.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

37. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 02:35 deqer

Is this what gaming as come to? Come to a point where we have just another random/joke gaming dev company that thinks they can develop a shooter with NO option to change it's FOV? Is no one learning from the guys who did Quake, back in the 90s? We're at 2013 now...  

36. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 02:29 mag

19 purchases 0 issues

35. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 01:50 Frijoles

Nuhauser wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:34:
Wanting to hear more about the Radeon problems before I pick this up. I'm just running a lowly 6970, but that has been more than enough to run anything that's come out this year. Frijoles, have you tried running it in DX9 mode?

Turning down the settings helped a lot. It was at Very High with motion blur turned on. After I turned it to just High with no motion blur, it looks and behaves a lot better. There's still an occasional stutter, but not nearly as bad. And certainly doesn't make it unplayable.

So after an hour, I'm enjoying it. I really like the clean interface, and the first bit has a lot of stealth elements which I enjoy. Unscrewing lights, blowing out candles, etc. Light indicator on your watch (again, it tells local time, I just think that's cool). I do want FOV fixed (I can feel it), but I can play it as is.

34. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 01:39 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on May 13, 2013, 23:59:
12 purchases over the last couple of years, and not a single issue...he's been warned!
I've bought nearly $1k worth of games through GMG and I've yet to have a problem. Yep..you've been *warned*. I'm only missing the blink option there.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo