Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2013, 18:08 Tom

All kinds of claims were made about 4G and LTE as well. I'll believe it when I see it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2013, 17:16 ChopperDan

It's sad to think about... 5g will be faster than most people's broadband connections.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2013, 15:58 ZnA1209

Cool, so if you have AT&T or Verizon you could blow your monthly data cap in under 10 seconds.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2013, 15:17 jacobvandy

What they don't tell you is, you have to be plugged in to the nearest cell tower in order to get that speed.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2013, 10:36 Creston

1.25GB/s. Hahahahaha.

That's what it should officially be capable of in order to be called 5G, yes. However, like today's "4G" networks, it won't even achieve a tenth or a hundreth of that speed, while the FCC will turn a blind eye and allow you to still call it 5G.

Actually, just skip 5G and all those lesser numbers. I'd go straight to 187G! And then have Snoop Dogg Lion and Dr. Dre do a "187 G on my mothafucking phone!" song to promote its launch! It'll be awesome. Speeds of ten trillion TB per second!(*)

* speed may not be available anywhere. God bless the FCC.

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo