Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 14, 2013, 01:42 Prez

They don't ever seem to enforce the no texting while driving laws - I think they were only developed to be used after an accident occurs, as it is pretty simple matter to determine if the person who caused it was texting around the time of the accident.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 23:43 SS

Some teenage girl almost ran me over on a zebra crossing because she was texting, its lucky I was paying attention and saw what she was doing. She wasnt going fast, so the worst that would have happened would be me rolling over the hood of the car. But still its fucking annoying. Its illegal here in Australia but its still so rampant.  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 18:01 PHJF

And yet the population as a whole still raises holy hell whenever anyone suggests seriously enforcing bans on texting while driving.

It is now illegal in Ohio to text while driving, and it is illegal for under 18 to operate any electronic communication device while driving. This includes being stopped at a light/stop sign.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 15:50 JayDeath

Texting and driving has got to be far worse than drinking and driving because your eyes aren't even on the road! I don't even answer my phone when I'm driving. I find the whole texting all the time bit kinda silly anyway but maybe it's because I was born in the early 70s.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 15:41 wraithnix

They made texting while driving (and using a cell without a headset) illegal in Detroit a few years back...and the day the law went into effect the Mayor ordered the police to not enforce the law. They even had a press conference, just to let the public know that they could still text, talk, and drive and not get in trouble.  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 14:54 Cutter

Using a phone whilst driving is illegal lots of places - including here. The major problem seems to be cops enforcing it. I regularly see people talking/texting in their cars with the cops right there and they don't do a fucking thing about it. There was even one beside me a few months back when I flagged him and pointed out the guy in front of me was doing that and the cop just shrugged and drove off. I really should have reported the sonofabitch.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2013, 14:43 ViRGE

"More U.S. Teens Killed Texting While Driving Than Drinking."

And yet the population as a whole still raises holy hell whenever anyone suggests seriously enforcing bans on texting while driving.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo