Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights

Licio Lucchesi once told Michael Corleone "It's not personal, it's only business," but there is a personal element to the report on Polygon saying Double Fine wants to acquire back the distribution rights for Costume Quest and Stacking, with studio head Tim Schafer telling them of the developer's "emotional attachment" to the games. The studio owns the IP for each game, so sequel are not a problem, but Nordic Games secured the distribution rights for the originals in the THQ fire sale. "It's not, like, a lot of money; it's mostly for us to just tidy up things," Schafer told Polygon. "And also an emotional attachment more of a mission of Double Fine to own everything that we make. It's, like, this loose end that kind of bothers me that we'd like to tie up."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 19:19 Kosumo

Best to keep emotion out of business when you can.

(I learned that on the street corner, under the red light, getting my sugar daddy some paper so he could get a longer gold chain) Pimp Lips Anxious

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 14:43 swedishfriend

Dev wrote on May 12, 2013, 13:53:
If they wanted them, they should have bid more on them lol.
This is only for the console distribution of the current games, so I don't much care.

Also, by publicly saying they are emotionally attached and want the rights, they probably just doubled whatever the selling price would have been.

The auction was bundles of stuff. They would have had to pay for many things they were not interested in just to get their publishing rights back.

6. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 14:33 Sepharo

Dev wrote on May 12, 2013, 13:53:
Also, by publicly saying because they are emotionally attached and want the rights, they probably just doubled whatever the selling price would have been.

That's what the article is about.

5. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 14:17 Dmitri_M

The Half Elf wrote on May 12, 2013, 11:48:
So where is all this money coming from?
Well I know I didn't contribute to their kickstarter..soo not from me

4. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 13:53 Dev

If they wanted them, they should have bid more on them lol.
This is only for the console distribution of the current games, so I don't much care.

Also, by publicly saying they are emotionally attached and want the rights, they probably just doubled whatever the selling price would have been.

3. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 12:17 swedishfriend

"...all this money..."

Might be like $5. They didn't say how much Nordic Games want for publishing rights for those 2 small titles.

2. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 11:48 The Half Elf

So where is all this money coming from?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 11:03 wtf_man

Go buy Grim Fandango from Disney, Dammit!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo